• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 27, 2016
Just beat the Elite four of this great game. Major bugs encountered:

1) Oak's aid doesn't give out Exp Share even after I caught more than 50 pokemons
2) Fly doesn't seem to enable me to fly to any of the towns.... I can only fly to some towns in Gen 6/7
3) The old man blocking mewtwo cave doesn't leave even after beating elite four - I think the game doesn't register you as completing it even after you beat Elite four
4) Giovanni's gym people doesn't fight you - only Giovanni does for the eight badge
5) There's a police officer and a rocket member who block houses in Sabrina's city. They don't go away even after you beat the game.... and you can't talk to that police officer
6) TMs of gen 1 doesn't work i.e. teleport, etc. - I think another member reported that already
7) Is there a move deletor/relearner in the game?
8) Diglet's cave has two levels - can't get up to the second level - I think you need rock climb HM to do that....

That's all the important ones. Keep up the great work.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen today
Just beat the Elite four of this great game. Major bugs encountered:

1) Oak's aid doesn't give out Exp Share even after I caught more than 50 pokemons
2) Fly doesn't seem to enable me to fly to any of the towns.... I can only fly to some towns in Gen 6/7
3) The old man blocking mewtwo cave doesn't leave even after beating elite four - I think the game doesn't register you as completing it even after you beat Elite four
4) Giovanni's gym people doesn't fight you - only Giovanni does for the eight badge
5) There's a police officer and a rocket member who block houses in Sabrina's city. They don't go away even after you beat the game.... and you can't talk to that police officer
6) TMs of gen 1 doesn't work i.e. teleport, etc. - I think another member reported that already
7) Is there a move deletor/relearner in the game?
8) Diglet's cave has two levels - can't get up to the second level - I think you need rock climb HM to do that....

That's all the important ones. Keep up the great work.

1. I'll have a look at
2. Do you know which towns are working?
3. I'll have a look, there was an issue but i though it was resolved
4. I'll have a look
5. Do you know which houses. There should only be 1 block which is at the top of the map
6. Am aware of and am working on, slow going as i have to do all tms from scratch
7. At the moment i dont think there is a tutor/deleter. I can add if they're are wanted
8. Second level isn't implimented

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 27, 2016
2) I think it is following the "Essen region" example: with Lappet Town, Cedolan City etc.
pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Region_map

5) So the policeman is blocking a large building at the top-left corner of the city. The Rocket is blocking the third house of the second row - the same row as the pokemart. The house has a different colour to the other houses on that row.

7) I believe a move deletor and relearner would be great for the game, especially since the Pokemons' evolved forms know powerful moves at level 1; though to make the game challenging, they should be inaccessible until very late in the game, similar to the fire-red games.

9) Another bug: When I tried to use Dig to get out of caves, the game crashes.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen today
2. I'll have a look at the map settings

5. The one in the top left is supposed to be there, it blocks the access to Johto as its not done yet. The others i'll have a look at, most likely they check for the wrong switch when you've done Silph Co.

7. Ok, the move deleter was located in Fuchsia in Kanto and Blackthorn City in Johto, the move reminder in Kanto was located on Two Island and Johto was Blackthorn

9. Can you post the error?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 27, 2016
9) Error: Script 'Following * Edited' line 960: NameError occurred. uninitialized constant MetadataEscapePoint
Something similar to this one:
pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8411588&postcount=85

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen today
Just a quick update of current progress for next version.

1. Not started
2. fixed
3. fixed
4. i know whats causing it, not started
5. fixed
6. All tms up to TM 32 are done Excludes Double team, mimic, rage, double edge, toxic
7. Not started
8. Not started
9. Fixed both dig and escape rope

Also made some changes to the elite four and champ

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I'm really enjoying the game so far. :) It's a tad bit laggy for me which is nothing new since the majority of fan games lag on my laptop since it's slowly dying on me. Although I was searching for a Weedle in Virdian Forest and never found one after about 15-20 minutes of looking.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I completely forgot about that. It's been so long since I played the game lol. I haven't had the chance to play in a few days though but my current team is Pikachu, Pidgeotto, and Mankey if I remember right.

EDIT: I caught a Sandshrew in Mt. Moon and battled that one Lass' Clefairy with it and of course poison sting was the main move I used. I had poisoned that Clefairy and the wild one that I caught and the poison damage never got deducted in battle yet it did when I was going back to the Pokemon Center. Is this a bug or is it supposed to happen like that?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen today
As far as i'm aware that shouldn't be happening, damage should happen in battle. I'll have a look at whats going on there, never noticed that before

FlawlessInstinct

PokemonForBreakfast
Years
I'm not sure if I'm stupid or what.
but when I try to battle Lorelei i cant bc pikachui keeps getting in the way so I talk to him instead.
so I literally cant battle her.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen today
I'm not sure if I'm stupid or what.
but when I try to battle Lorelei i cant bc pikachui keeps getting in the way so I talk to him instead.
so I literally cant battle her.

i noticed that when playtesting, though pikachu always ended up besides me. I'll get that sorted

Progress update
Pikachu now doesn't evolve and keeps the correct form when caught
Rival in Cerulean now appears
All TMs/HMs done

TMs/HMs
Currently are assigned to the pokemon available in yellow. I will get it updated with other generations pokemon

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 17, 2023
Hi love The game just a question it says update avaliable but There is no update at all just wondering☺

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Hello!I tried ur game but as soon as i reach Viridian forest and i engaged the first trainer i get an error message and the game shuts down. :/ I deleted it and made a clean reinstall but the same problem occurred.
Script 'interpreter' line 276:RuntimeError occurred.
Script error within event 27, map 14 (Viridian Forest):
Exception: RuntimeError
'load_bitmap'Failed to load the bitmap
Located at:Graphics/Characters/trainer012

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen today
Hi love The game just a question it says update avaliable but There is no update at all just wondering☺

That will be one of two things, either i've forgotten to update the version number in game (can't check at the moment ) or you're not running 1.06

Hello!I tried ur game but as soon as i reach Viridian forest and i engaged the first trainer i get an error message and the game shuts down. :/ I deleted it and made a clean reinstall but the same problem occurred.
Script 'interpreter' line 276:RuntimeError occurred.
Script error within event 27, map 14 (Viridian Forest):
Exception: RuntimeError
'load_bitmap'Failed to load the bitmap
Located at:Graphics/Characters/trainer012

update the game

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
update the game[/QUOTE]
I did. Extracted the 1.01 updater for a second time just in case and it still triggers :/ I even extracted the other updater.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Yup.I dont know honestly,i doubt i could do something wrong with just extracting files xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen today
And when you extract the file are you extracting it into the game folder and overwritting the existing updater file?
Do you have an update.txt file in the game folder?

Back