• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I've never watched Glee. lol

Doesn't seem like my type of show. (Well, I haven't watched TV in a couple years actually, so I guess I don't have a type. lol)

Maybe you should read it instead of just seeing that it mentions Glee. It's not about Glee - it just involves it.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
You know everytime I go to write an awesome post for this club I decide against it in the middle of writing it?

So now you get this consolation post explaining my situation. Huzzah.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
post +1 much, Kiyoshi?
If you have anything awesome to say we want to hear it! Don't be shy!

Curses, my plans are ruined! Foiled again! *Moustache*

Here's something for you all to chew on and discuss:

I've been thinking about religion somewhat fairly recently, and I can't help but think about how I truly think that God made me homosexual.

Thinking back to it, if I didn't have my sexuality as something to struggle with and come to terms on my own, I would be a completely different person - most likely for the worse.

You see, it wasn't so much the actual homosexuality. It was what it presented me with: a stress-inducing stepping stone into divulging to figuring out who I am as a person.

Coming to terms with my sexuality and feeling pretty much secure with it has made me more comfortable with discovering what actually makes me up personality-wise, and becoming more confident embracing it and the outside world as a whole.

But it's also interesting how toxic having that same situation can be, to.
People have committed suicide because they were homosexual/bisexual. People constantly hide who they are an end up screwing themselves up mentally trying to "fix" themselves or pretending to be heterosexual. Some people embrace the stereotype and become another clone, and never actually showing who they are, truly, as a person.

It's just simply fascinating to me how we are all presented with things that will make us or break us, especially the ones dealing with our personality, sexuality, beliefs, race, ethnicity, gender, sex, etc.

Then I can't help but to remember what an atheist friend once said to me.

"If God steps up our lives.... then why would he set up some for failure?"

To which I now can easily answer (although not at the time), "He doesn't. He sets up situations that can benefit us greatly if we conquer and learn from them. The only failure comes from the person, because they were too weak to face their challenges and chose to succumb to the pressure rather than put their head up high and draw their sword."

So, that's about it for now. Nifty, hm? Discuss.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Well as an atheist, I don't believe that God made you homosexual. While this is something that I can see would give people a lot of comfort to believe, I just can't buy it myself. The 'everything happens for a reason' school of thought, to my mind, doesn't account for so many things that happen in the world; even though it can seem somewhat romantic when not looking at the larger picture. Then the things that it doesn't account for are largely swept under the rug as part of "God's plan" because "God works in mysterious ways". It's all too convenient for me.

In my opinion, nothing happens for a specific reason. I wish I could think the way you do sometimes though, I think it would make me feel more special. Like I was chosen for this and destined for something greater because of it.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Well as an atheist, I don't believe that God made you homosexual. While this is something that I can see would give people a lot of comfort to believe, I just can't buy it myself. The 'everything happens for a reason' school of thought, to my mind, doesn't account for so many things that happen in the world; even though it can seem somewhat romantic when not looking at the larger picture. Then the things that it doesn't account for are largely swept under the rug as part of "God's plan" because "God works in mysterious ways". It's all too convenient for me.

In my opinion, nothing happens for a specific reason. I wish I could think the way you do sometimes though, I think it would make me feel more special. Like I was chosen for this and destined for something greater because of it.

Well, think about it this way. Humans are free willed, and there is nothing stopping you right now from picking up a knife and murdering the entire family next door.

That's not something God wanted you to do, that's just you being bloody freaking insane.

The reason that that happened was because you were a murderer. Not God. Humans have free will, everything you do is you own personal choice that God cannot make you choose a certain path.

Sometime we're put in situations because of other people too, not God. Like if we're kidnapped. That was the doing of the person.

Basically point in saying before I completely screw up my wording, "God doesn't make the world the world the way it is.... we do." God just influences to try and make it better, but there's only so much you can do if you can't directly affect someone's willpower or choices.

For me personally, there is just too much evidence of plain out oddities that are truly the work of something, to put it simply, magical.
Like the fact my Dad's still alive. From all the accidents he's been in, he should be a handicapped man with brain damage and a couple of fingers missing, if not dead. And I don't say that lightly. He should've been dead by now. But somehow, he's still kicking around to be able to raise me, be their for my older adult siblings, and be their for his wife and still have all of his limbs attached and the ability to walk.

The things I listed in my above post go here, too.

And just little things that happen from time to time.

Everything just seems to go perfectly. And that goes for the extensive flaws in my life, too.

But, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And hey, if there does end up being an afterlife, better for all, eh?

Not that I don't think God doesn't totally understand people not believing in him. I bet he would be pretty skeptical of himself too if he wasn't.... you know, God himself.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023

Well, think about it this way. Humans are free willed, and there is nothing stopping you right now from picking up a knife and murdering the entire family next door.

That's not something God wanted you to do, that's just you being bloody freaking insane.

The reason that that happened was because you were a murderer. Not God. Humans have free will, everything you do is you own personal choice that God cannot make you choose a certain path.

Sometime we're put in situations because of other people too, not God. Like if we're kidnapped. That was the doing of the person.

Basically point in saying before I completely screw up my wording, "God doesn't make the world the world the way it is.... we do." God just influences to try and make it better, but there's only so much you can do if you can't directly affect someone's willpower or choices.

For me personally, there is just too much evidence of plain out oddities that are truly the work of something, to put it simply, magical.
Like the fact my Dad's still alive. From all the accidents he's been in, he should be a handicapped man with brain damage and a couple of fingers missing, if not dead. And I don't say that lightly. He should've been dead by now. But somehow, he's still kicking around to be able to raise me, be their for my older adult siblings, and be their for his wife and still have all of his limbs attached and the ability to walk.

The things I listed in my above post go here, too.

And just little things that happen from time to time.

Everything just seems to go perfectly. And that goes for the extensive flaws in my life, too.

But, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And hey, if there does end up being an afterlife, better for all, eh?

Not that I don't think God doesn't totally understand people not believing in him. I bet he would be pretty skeptical of himself too if he wasn't.... you know, God himself.

This isn't the Christianity, Atheism, or any other religion club. I can't speak for the Christianity Club, but this debate would be allowed in the Atheism club so if you want to move it there~

Anyways, your post has nothing to do with this club so please stop this little debate.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
No sir, you certainly are not! I think every gay man who watches Glee fell in love with him. I know I did! XD

I suppose I find myself in the minority then. The man just doesn't do anything for me :/ I'm more of a Cory Monteith fan personally (though I don't think he's that great of a singer.)

Also, first post here woo. Proud out of the closet 16 year old!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome Moogles! I saw your post in the picture thread, you made a very cute Pikachu lol

EDIT: LMAO I meant Umbreon. Totally remembered that picture wrong.

Cory Monteith does nothing for me personally, his nickname in the show is Frankenteen and I find that just a little bit too true for my liking :P but Darren Criss is oghaeihaihaelthvl so hot.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
DARREN CRISS; HANDS DOWN! lol​
5klo94.jpg

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
This isn't the Christianity, Atheism, or any other religion club. I can't speak for the Christianity Club, but this debate would be allowed in the Atheism club so if you want to move it there~

Anyways, your post has nothing to do with this club so please stop this little debate.

Well exuse me, princess.

I understand, but the original post was somewhat actually relatable to the topic. I guess just the posts to follow from it are more of a different color.

X3;

I suppose I find myself in the minority then. The man just doesn't do anything for me :/ I'm more of a Cory Monteith fan personally (though I don't think he's that great of a singer.)

Also, first post here woo. Proud out of the closet 16 year old!

Yay for you!

Welcome. :3

DARREN CRISS; HANDS DOWN! lol​

[Insert Extremely Sexy Picture of Mr. Darren Criss Here]​

Am I the only one who'd like to point out how stretchy that shirt is?

Chris Colfer gets to kiss that guy on camera. Lucky prick.​

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Gothitelle. Surely there is no such thing as too late. Welcome! Just out of curiosity, what letter of our huge title do you happen to fall under?

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Apparently I am not the only one whom has a HUGE crush on Darren Criss aka Blaine! Even parents that are generally accepting of gay people would feel very leery about this, but look at other kids; they have crushes on other kids at school around that age, so I am glad that they realized that this is normal. If only all parents were like that; cute story!
Look down..

Welcome, King!...!
No sir, you certainly are not! I think every gay man who watches Glee fell in love with him. I know I did! XD
Really? Try "A very potter musical".

supermegafoxyawesomehot-darren-criss-24232508-500-244.gif

Just gonna say you should both join tumblr and we can fanboy together

QUESTION TIME!
Who's your favorite LGBT Activist?
Mine personally is Kathy Griffin. I love that crazy gay man.

That's the thing, I don't know what sexuality I really fall under to honest. I've said I'm straight but I've been really this close to quietly saying I like both sexes. :p
That mean's you're under "Questioning" or the Q's.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Its completely up to you what you want to identify as :) (I dont mean that in the way of saying "sexuality is a choice" of course because that is the exact opposite of what I think...I'm sure you knew what I meant. I dont need to explain myself)
I think its best worded here actually:
I don't really think sexuality is a static thing, and there are definitely all different levels of every sexuality. So, I don't think a one time incident says anything, one way or the other about your sexuality.

That is something that has really stuck in my head, and I find is really comforting to think about.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Why haven't I joined this club yet? ;; So, yeah. :P Joining ~

i c y'all getting glee upon in here.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Why haven't I joined this club yet? ;; So, yeah. :P Joining ~

i c y'all getting glee upon in here.
No no, Just darren criss being a giant keyboard. And me being the fanboy that I am and darren constantally flirting with chris on and off set... How can I not ship Criss-Colfer?

Back