• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
''Wow really? I'd like to check out the beach and the forest...'' Flora said and sat down in front of Snype. She figured that the forest was relatively close to the swamp so maybe she could go there later. Although the beach sounded promising as well...Oh how she was itching to go explore!

''Have you already seen all these places? By the way, how long have you been here? And...'' Flora was about to continue before abruptly closing her mouth, realizing that she didn't even give the poor guy a change to response and was just bombarding him with questions. Better take it a bit easy. She gave him a sheepish smile and glanced around a bit, waiting for his response.

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years

"Meh… I got a Trapinch with that move. I'm used to sand. I'lladmit your Shieldon is a great defensive choice, but if all you got issandstorm this will be a rather boring battle. Cauldero spice things up, ember."Isaac said.

Cauldero withdrew after his previous attack, and fired acouple of ember attacks. The sandstorm was rather un-relenting, but Caulderowas most defensive pokemon out there. He was holding on just fine.

"Cauldero lay down some cover. Use rock tomb all over thefield." Isaac said.

Cauldero smashed his feet into the ground and jagged stonesjutted out of the ground all over the field.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West
"You gotta be patient bro, strategy is about what moves you use and how you use 'em, not how strong the moves are, y'know?" Lincoln grinned good naturedly, enjoying the battle so far. "Anyway Jackson, take that ember attack then lay the field down with Stealth Rock!"

The ember flames bombarded Jackson, seeming to be more effective than the previous Rock Tomb, but the determined Shieldon held its ground.

"Shie..." It growled, glitters of light beginning to form around its body. They spiralled briefly around Jackson, growing larger, before they fired across the battlefield and disappeared into the ground, without seeming to have any immediate effect. As Isaac's Torkoal retaliated by firing off Rock Tomb again, Lincoln narrowed his eyes behind his goggles. Although Isaac hadn't used any particularly effective moves yet, he was wearing Jackson down, who hadn't had much of a chance to attack yet.

All part of the plan... just setting things up. Even if Jackson can't take down this Torkoal, I'll still have the advantage.

Several rocks from Rock Tomb shot up from the ground to surround and partially bury Jackson, who took some further damage. "Jackson!" Lincoln called out. "Dig your way out!"

From within the rock formation Jackson could be heard working furiously with its paws. "Shieldondondondondon!" He called out, disappearing under the ground and waiting for the chance to attack while the Sandstorm raged on.​

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Len nodded and scooted a bit closer as well. He was certainly comfortable with her now. He'd never had such a long conversation with another Pokemon before and they seemed to relate with each other very easily. He tingled a bit when Alexis was patting his foot, but it was comforting at least.

"Yeah, I'm probably just thinking about it. You learn more from mistakes anyways. One of these days I'll have a proper battle strategy. After catching another Pokemon we're going to study up on some techniques... maybe find a tutor... Though I guess Mark will think of something. He's the trainer after all..." Len said. Len fell onto his back and layed flat on it.

"Hmm... maybe I could carry you on my stomach. I could float in the water on my back...Try it. Gotta make sure I won't sink if we try it." Len said.

Snype nodded at Flora. "Haha, yeah I've been all over the place. Not the most pleasant experiences usually but sometimes danger is expected on those kinds of adventures you know? We've been in this school for awhile so we're pretty used to the area. We haven't gone up to the mountains yet though. Knowing Mark, I bet he'll be checking that out sometime." Snype replied.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alexis​

"Yeah, I'm sure Mark will figure out something, just like Daniel has with me. We only have a few tactics, but it's nothing amazing. I think he wanted to find someone to teach him too."

She tilted her head while watching Len lie down, a little snicker escaping her at the suggestion. She shrugged her shoulders and got up on all four, stepping closer before hopping carefully up onto him, making sure she didn't hurt him in the process.

She sat herself down again, tail lifted in the air above her, to make sure she didn't shock the Poliwhirl below her while peering down at him questioningly. "Is this alright? I'm not too heavy, am I? I was thinking I could just ride on your back, actually. Then you could also see where we're going. What do you think?"

She knew they might both look rather ridiculous to everyone else in the room, with a Raichu sitting on top of a Poliwhirl, but right now, their survival was at stake, so, as she thought, they both had to be prepared.

Megaman765

Years
"Oof!" Poliwhirl said when Alexis jumped on top of him. Heavier then he expected... Poliwhirl was alot lighter but that was probobly just because he was a water pokemon. Of course he didn't want to go off saying she was heavy... that'd be rude of him after all. He was strong enough to carry her after all. This was kind of a silly idea in general.

"Your not too heavy... I figured this would work in deeper swamp water if it comes to that. It'd probably be better if I just carried you on my back though... haha, we may look silly but when the other Pokemon come out of the water covered in muck then we can see who's laughing!" Len said, looking up at Alexis as she sat down on him. He doubted he'd be able to float on the water with Alexis sitting on his stomach. Maybe if he was evolved he'd be able to carry more then just a Raichu.

"Hope your not getting too comfy up there! Haha..." Len joked.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"Alright so when I swap pokemon they'll take damage. I'll keep that in mind. I'll admit going slow for a strategy is often a good method, but since I'm on a bit of a time crunch I'm keeping fast. You of course can still do as you wish, and so shall I. Cauldero magma tomb. You'll see that going slow will often leave you open to the opponents long term strategy." Isaac said.

He knew that Caludero, despite extremely high defense, would take a pounding from dig, so he would have to act now. Isaac had never really gotten much time with Cauldero, but with a good bit of luck this would work. Isaac had gone over the basics of combos with Cauldero and was working on a combo with smog and ember as well as a basic one with rest and sleep talk, but this was all new. Hopefully Cauldero would pick up on it.

The Torkoal slowly began to put two and two together. He smashed six more rocks onto the field then blasted each one until it began to glow red. Then Cauldero redied himself for Jackson. He'd have little time to strike after Shieldon attacked. He had already slowed it down with a previous rock tomb, but still he would have a good chance of getting away.

(note/ooc: ember has a 10% chance of burn per hit.

Magma tomb should be counted as a physical fire type attack. 20%(1/5) chance to slow OR burn. 5%(1/20) to do both. it has lower accuracy, but not terrible maybe a 90 or 85. it also takes a turn to charge. that turn on this occasion was the one after Jackson used dig. Next turn you hit then Cauldero gets his chance to hit.)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alexis​

She looked a little worried at Len's exclamation when she landed, on the verge of asking if he was alright. She decided to let it slide though, he seemed pretty strong, he could handle it. She then nodded a few times, smiling.

"Yeah! Sounds like a pretty good plan, Len. But let's stick with me on your back for now."

She burst into a giggle, smiling wryly as she wriggled herself into place, her tail still swiping through the air idly. "Maybe I am! You're a lot softer than you look." She said with a small snicker, directly afterwards getting up on all four once more, turning and hopping onto the floor, turning to sit down again, glancing over at Snype and Flora chatting away about the academy and its surrounding area. She smiled brightly while overhearing their conversation. She was so excited about her and Daniel exploring the island… and possibly finding more Pokémon for the team.

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
As Flora looked around, her attention got caught when she saw Alexis sitting on Len's stomach. She just sort of stared at them awkwardly and tilted her head, showing a small, amused smirk. That certainly looked a bit weird...she wondered what they were doing. Shrugging it off, she turned back to Snype.

The grass Pokémon made a small frown when hearing that the trips to the different places around wasn't always the most pleasant experiences. Thinking that Snype probably wouldn't like to talk about it that much, she made no mentioning of it. Instead, she replied to the latter part.

''The mountains huh? Who knows, maybe you and Mark get the chance to check it out today! Are you two often around and exploring?''

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln stared wide-eyed at the improvised Magma Tomb, never having seen anything like it before outside of his dads battles with Gym Leaders. Move combinations were some heavily advanced stuff that not just any trainer could pull off. Maybe this guy hadn't been blowing his own trumpet as much as Linc had expected.

So this is what a real battle is like... intense.

"...Okay Jackson, hit that Torkoal with everything you've got! We wanna end this one quick!"

There was some rumbling underground near the vicinity of Cauldero before Jackson burst out from the ground, aiming its strong reinforced head directly for Cauldero. As a ground type move, it should be pretty effective against Isaac's fire-type Torkoal, but then again Torkoal had only taken a few rounds of damage from Sandstorm so far which didn't add up to a whole lot. Lincoln just hoped that would be enough to finish things before Magma Tomb could hit...​

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Len snickered as Alexis wriggled around to make herself comfortable on Len as a joke. She then got off of him and sat back down. Len sat up properly as well, enjoying the conversation.

"Heh, your certainly one of the more interesting Pokemon I've talked with. Snype is usually the one that can hold conversations this long! I'm nowhere near as charismatic as he is, and probably nowhere near as big of a charmer as him either. Haha... He could make friends just by looking at somebody. You just can't get mad at the guy." Len said.

Snype shrugged. "Yeah we're often out and about. It's usually because we're following friends though. I could tell quite a few stories but I think that's best saved for a party or something." Snype replied. He glanced over at Alexis and Len. Alexis was on his stomach awhile ago. That Snype quickly let off a small snicker after seeing that happen. He decided to be nosy.

"You two having fun over there?" Snype said to them jokingly.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alexis​

Alexis smiled up at Len once again, really enjoying this conversation, for as long as it was lasting. She usually didn't talk too much with other Pokémon, mostly because she never had the chance or time, but here on the academy, things might change.

"Yeah, he did seem like it. He does seem like a nice guy though… so has everyone I've met so far, actually! It's only my second day here, but I've already made so many new friends… it's nice."

She smiled happily, lifting a paw to rub herself behind her ear when Snype called out, causing her to glance over towards him. "You two having fun over there?" he said, causing Alexis to glance at Len and snicker, rolling her eyes and flash Snype a wry smile.

"As a matter of fact, we are. We're trying to find out the easiest way for me to ride on him through the swamp, if you must know. I'm sure Len won't mind carrying you as well, after you've fallen into the swamp."

She said this with playful mockery, smiling wryly still as she turned her head to glance at Len to make sure he wasn't completely stumped by what Snype had joked with.

Megaman765

Years
Len scratched his side confused at what Snype had said. Of course they were having fun... it was a simple conversation after all. Snype was a real joker but Len always had a way to respond to jokes like this. Of course it was all in good fun.

"Hehehe, suurrreee." Snype replied with a sly snicker. Len responded by standing up, holding out his palm and firing a light water gun at Snype's face, drenching him a bit. Snype snickered as his ears drooped down from the water.

"Alright alright I'll shut up. Kehehe..." Snype said with a smirk. Len sat back down and turned to Alexis. "Like I said, you can't hate the guy. Heh. You should see him when he's electrocuted. Looks like a bedroom monster. Hehehe..." Len said.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
This was it. The pivotal moment that could define the rest of the battle. Jackson tore through the earth and appeared right infront of Cauldero. The Shieldon crashed into Cauldero head on, it's metal armor now it's main weapon. Cauldero took the hit having readied for it, and was pushed back a good foot or two despite having fortified himself before. The basis of all pokemon battles had to be type match ups, and that was currently not in Isaac's favor. Cauldero staggered a bit regaining it's feet. He was shaken and hurt, but he was too stuborn to let his get the better of him. Isaac smiled. When stats, moves, and all strategy was no longer the center of a battle will power would get you through. Cauldero showed him this. Despite the hit, the storm, the complete disadvantage Cauldero stepped forward, and all six of the burning hot red stones came crashing together around Jackson.

Isaac was still the slightest bit stunned by Cauldero's endurance, but he refused to show it. He kept his composure. He was focused on the battle, and he would be until the very end. That cocky act he had so often used to keep on top of a battle was now long gone, and a true dedication shown in his steely eyes. Despite all his personal strength Isaac could see it was his pokemon not him that were the strongest. They would fight to the bitter end for him, and Isaac had rarely even considered his pokemon's care for him. He may have been the trainer, but they were his team. They were just as strong without him, but without them he would be nothing.

"I swear... I swear I will become worthy... worthy of you all." Isaac whispered to himself and his pokemon.

Isaac took a deep breath to make sure his composure would remain intact. Funny how one battle could change you. It didn't matter about challenge or anything. What mattered was the joy of being with pokemon, and showing your bond. Cauldero was one of Isaac's newer pokemon, only having spent a couple of weeks with him, yet he was already so strong and dedicated.

"Cauldero, Amazing job." Isaac said with a nod, "I suggest you Rest up."

Cauldero turned his head to look back at Isaac and gave a smile,

"Tooorr ToOor KooOaAl."

He plodded back towards Isaac's side of the field and pulled his limbs into his shell to take a nap.

"Alright Linc. How we doin'?" Isaac said looking back to his opponant.

((If you didn't guess Torkoal is still fighting, but he used Rest.))

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln took an involuntary step forward as the six flame infused rocks crashed down on Jackson, the little pokemon disappearing amongst them. Linc had never seen any of his pokemon take a hit like that before, and the gut-wrenching feeling he had watching it let him know he didn't want to see it ever again.

Come on... come on!

He waited anxiously to see if Jackson was going to make it out okay, and as the rocks fell away Linc pumped his fist into the air to see that Jackson was still standing! The Shieldon looked absoloutely exhausted, but he was still on his feet.

"Booyah! Way to go little bro, we're gonna take this one yet!"
"Shi... el..." Jackson wheezed out before its body took on a faint red glow. "Don!" It cried out before collapsing to the ground, unable to continue.
"Jackson!" Lincoln rushed forward with Jacksons pokeball, ready to recall him. This was their first battle together, and their first lost. Perhaps it wasn't the best way to start things off, but he was so proud of Jackson for working so hard. "That was awesome Jackson. You totally rocked it dude."

Lincoln called Jackson back to its pokeball before looking to Isaac as the sandstorm died down. "Looks like you took it bro. Ready for round two?" Linc smiled, a clear competitive streak running through him.

We can do this. Bixi is next and we've got a total type advantage again. If Bixi can just take out this Torkoal, the Stealth Rock that Jackson laid down will soften up Isaac's next pokemon and get us back to an even playing field.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"Well... even I was convinced Jackson was still standing after that for a moment. You should be proud, but don't you start thinking I'll make this any easier. Cauldero is all healed up now, and we're raring to go. Cauldero sleep talk." Isaac said.

Cauldero didn't seem to be roused at all. He shivered a bit before settling back down, but then he instantly slammed a foot into the ground spraying up a rock tomb. The move seemed a bit weaker then normal, but not by any major margin. To be honest it was still hitting as hard, but somehow seemed more lax. How an attack could be lax Isaac didn't know, but it was almost as though the move itself was groggy. The rock's were a bit more spaced out, and less organized, but there and working none the less. Isaac knew that due to type disadvantages Cauldero was in no place to be controlling this battle, and that pretty much anything Linc did would end badly for Cauldero. This time Isaac knew he'd have to be ready for sending out his next pokemon.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alexis​

She rolled her eyes at Snype's comment, opening her mouth to reply to him, but stopped herself as the water drenched Snype. Alexis paused for a moment, watching at the soaked Sableye before breaking off into a little giggle.

"Play with a water Pokémon and you're bound to get wet, I guess." She said with a wry smile before turning back to Len, nodding her head a few times at his statement, the content smile back on her face.

"Yeah, I can see what you mean… and hey, maybe I will, sometime. Daniel might challenge Mark at some point… though he's not usually the guy to challenge someone else, unless he has a bone to pick with them… he can get pretty stubborn and angry if pushed far enough."

She glanced up at Daniel who was quietly adding his two cents to the conversation going on up above before she looked back to Len and glanced a little around the room, not really knowing what to talk about now. She wasn't even sure when they were going to head out to this swamp at all. Though she didn't mind simply sitting there, quietly. Len and her had had a nice conversation, and so had she and Snype, so she couldn't really ask for more.

Megaman765

Years
Mark watched his pokemon interacting with the others as he put on the pair of boots Alice lended him. From what he saw, Len was having quite a conversation with Daniel's Raichu. They sure were becoming quick friends. Mark didn't want to interrupt them of course, but it seemed proper to point it out to Daniel.

"Your Raichu is sure becoming good friends with Len over there huh?" Mark said to Daniel.

---

"Heh, Mark knows how to keep calm in almost any situation. Its effective in battle... now a battle between you and Snype? That's something I'd wanna see. Don't underestimate him though. Snype know's how to battle, even without trainer instruction. I can't tell ya more then that though. Hehehe. I should get myself one of those hold items for myself... I bet some kind of belt would look good on me!" Len said, flexing for a moment as if imagining himself with some kind of belt on.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln nodded to Isaac's comments and selected Bixi's pokeball from his belt, releasing the female Tirtouga for the second time that day. She seemed a little suprised at being sent out again, especially into a battle enviornment, but was no worse for wear for her exercise earlier.

"Bixi?"
"That's right Bixi, it's your first battle. So let's go to town on this guy! Use Iron Defense!"
"Xi!"

As the unusually groggy Rock Tomb tore across the field Bixi withdrew into her shell, considerably raising her defense. She was struck by one of the rocks and knocked to one side.

"Hit 'em with Stone Edge!"
"Ix bixi!"

Several fragments of rock scattered around the field rose up into the air and began to glow white before shooting towards Cauldero.

Solid rock type move, should work well against that fire type. Gotta take it down quick before it can wake up and use Rest again.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
(( Hey Mega, I think you meant Alice, rather than Alexis, since I doubt Mark would want to borrow boots from a Raichu ;P ))

Daniel Sabrak

Daniel was rather busy trying to think of something to say to liven up the room while everyone was getting ready to head out. His head was buzzing with excitement and questions, which more or less had him frozen in place, scratching his arm idly.

As Mark spoke up however, he blinked, snapping out of his trance-like state and glanced at the boy sitting on the nearby chair. He then looked down at Alexis chattering away with a Poliwhirl who seemed equally eager to chat with his Raichu.

The look of the two waving their arms and talking away caused Daniel to smile warmly. She was always happy to talk with other Pokémon, but she seemed really absorbed in this conversation.

"Heh, yeah, looks like it. She always was really friendly." He paused afterwards, wondering if he should let that be that and go back to his quiet thoughts. He shook his head internally, deciding to at least –try- to make friends.

"It's really nice to see someone else with at least one Pokémon that I can actually recognize… I only really know about the Pokémon in Kanto and Johto, being from Kanto myself. What about you? Where are you from?"

Meanwhile, Alexis nodded quickly, glancing towards Snype briefly before looking back up at Len. "Oh, yeah, I know better than to judge someone on their looks. I mean, even when I were a Pikachu, I was still pretty dangerous, and Snype sounds like he knows what he's talking about."

She snickered as he began flexing, canting her head to one side while looking him over.
"Yeah, I think a belt would look good on you! Maybe some bracers or something… I don't know a lot about held items though, so I can't really tell what kind of things are out there."

Back