The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon Anime
Help Thread Simple Help / Quick Questions

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old February 15th, 2015 (11:51 AM).
Splashstorm Splashstorm is offline
     
    Join Date: Feb 2015
    Gender: Female
    Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me which episode (or at least season) it was where there was a storyline with Poochyena and his owner? It was an episode where there was a little boy (or girl, I can't remember) and s/he had a Poochyena but had to give it up because their wealthy family said pokemon were too childish or something? I saw that episode way back when I was still a kid (I'm 99% sure Misty and Brock were still around), and it really stuck with me but I can't seem to find it anywhere. If anyone can help in any way, that'd be great.
    Reply With Quote
      #102    
    Old February 15th, 2015 (12:07 PM).
    Wobbu's Avatar
    Wobbu Wobbu is offline
    Drag a needle on the good today
       
      Join Date: Mar 2012
      Location: Stardew Valley
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 2,793
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by countryemo View Post
      Probably should create a thread for this.. as this seems dead. But does anyone know where you can find the music by Dani Marcus? Like The Key to Me, or the Coccon of Destruction ending song. Well, I found the latter on youtube, but I can't find the first and its the one I want. (Ending song for Whats that key special short).
      Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything about the songs you were looking for :\ I could only find information about the Japanese soundtrack.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Splashstorm View Post
      Can anyone tell me which episode (or at least season) it was where there was a storyline with Poochyena and his owner? It was an episode where there was a little boy (or girl, I can't remember) and s/he had a Poochyena but had to give it up because their wealthy family said pokemon were too childish or something? I saw that episode way back when I was still a kid (I'm 99% sure Misty and Brock were still around), and it really stuck with me but I can't seem to find it anywhere. If anyone can help in any way, that'd be great.
      Are you sure it was a Poochyena? Poochyena didn't make its anime debut until after Misty left, and none of the episodes that a Poochyena has appeared in match your description :\
      __________________

      My Favorite Song
      Reply With Quote
        #103    
      Old February 15th, 2015 (12:47 PM).
      Splashstorm Splashstorm is offline
         
        Join Date: Feb 2015
        Gender: Female
        Posts: 2
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Wobbu View Post
        Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything about the songs you were looking for :\ I could only find information about the Japanese soundtrack.



        Are you sure it was a Poochyena? Poochyena didn't make its anime debut until after Misty left, and none of the episodes that a Poochyena has appeared in match your description :\
        I must be mistaken then. :O I remember it was a dog (maybe fox?) type animal. Are there any other episodes that fit my description?
        Reply With Quote
          #104    
        Old February 15th, 2015 (1:52 PM).
        Wobbu's Avatar
        Wobbu Wobbu is offline
        Drag a needle on the good today
           
          Join Date: Mar 2012
          Location: Stardew Valley
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 2,793
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Splashstorm View Post
          I must be mistaken then. :O I remember it was a dog (maybe fox?) type animal. Are there any other episodes that fit my description?
          Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are episodes about a Trainer who is pressured to release his or her Pokémon. Are you perhaps thinking of James and his pet Growlithe? He didn't give it up but he did leave it behind at his mansion. There is an episode that kind of fits your description, called Holy Matrimony!
          __________________

          My Favorite Song
          Reply With Quote
            #105    
          Old February 15th, 2015 (4:48 PM).
          precita precita is offline
             
            Join Date: Aug 2005
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 271
            No, the episode she's talking about is the Contest episode in Hoenn with Timmy's mother, the kid with the Dusclops. In the backstory his mother loved Poocheyena as a kid but was forced to give it up and that's why she didn't want Timmy to be a coordinator.

            I don't know why he would think Misty was in that episode since it was a May Contest episode. "Disguise Da Limit" was the ep
            Reply With Quote
              #106    
            Old February 20th, 2015 (11:54 AM).
            Famon's Avatar
            Famon Famon is offline
               
              Join Date: Jul 2011
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 2,580
              Where did this come from--
              __________________
              The True Beauty of Anime

              Reply With Quote
                #107    
              Old February 22nd, 2015 (9:04 AM).
              twillight's Avatar
              twillight twillight is offline
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2015
                Nature: Sassy
                Posts: 191
                In the ANIME isanywhere constituted the rattata -> raticate change?
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #108    
                Old February 24th, 2015 (8:29 AM).
                donavannj's Avatar
                donavannj donavannj is offline
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2005
                Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                Age: 28
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 21,770
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Famon View Post
                Where did this come from--
                I think that was from a fan thing. That one PokeSpecial animation project that was starting to catch steam on YouTube several years ago, maybe?

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by twillight View Post
                In the ANIME isanywhere constituted the rattata -> raticate change?
                What do you mean by "constituted" in that context? Do you mean does the anime ever show a Rattata evolving into Raticate? If that's what your asking, then no, the anime does not ever show Rattata evolving into Raticate. Raticate does appear about as often as Rattata does in the anime, though, and it's probably been said by the Pokedex in the anime that Raticate is the evolved form of Rattata.
                __________________
                on vacation in LA and Chicago
                Reply With Quote
                  #109    
                Old February 24th, 2015 (3:38 PM).
                twillight's Avatar
                twillight twillight is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2015
                  Nature: Sassy
                  Posts: 191
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
                  What do you mean by "constituted" in that context? Do you mean does the anime ever show a Rattata evolving into Raticate? If that's what your asking, then no, the anime does not ever show Rattata evolving into Raticate. Raticate does appear about as often as Rattata does in the anime, though, and it's probably been said by the Pokedex in the anime that Raticate is the evolved form of Rattata.
                  Because "constitute" does not equal with actually showing a transformation, but can include things like Pokedex talk, or showing/telling this anywhere else (like poliwag-poliwhirl transformation is told in the pokecenter during the exam in series 1).

                  Simply "they appear as often" makes no actual connection on the other hand.

                  I am looking for the info that where does the pokedex tells rattata is transforming to raticate in the anime, or that is just game-canon/managa-canon, and not anime-canon?
                  Recently just came to me their appearances practically expired from the series according to the wiki, but I have no note about the connection between the two, so I thought I ask in case I missed something.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #110    
                  Old February 24th, 2015 (7:26 PM).
                  donavannj's Avatar
                  donavannj donavannj is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2005
                  Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                  Age: 28
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 21,770
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by twillight View Post
                  Because "constitute" does not equal with actually showing a transformation, but can include things like Pokedex talk, or showing/telling this anywhere else (like poliwag-poliwhirl transformation is told in the pokecenter during the exam in series 1).

                  Simply "they appear as often" makes no actual connection on the other hand.

                  I am looking for the info that where does the pokedex tells rattata is transforming to raticate in the anime, or that is just game-canon/managa-canon, and not anime-canon?
                  Recently just came to me their appearances practically expired from the series according to the wiki, but I have no note about the connection between the two, so I thought I ask in case I missed something.
                  I was inferring from the number of appearances they both have that the evolution connection is probably mentioned at some point.

                  I'd check the episodes that Raticate debuts in each season. The Pokedex query is done for pretty much every evolved Pokemon that appears in the series (with the Pokedex stating what they evolve from), so a moment like that is probably not listed in Bulbapedia itself for any Pokemon. For evolution, the anime follows the game canon to the letter when it comes down to what evolves into what (I cannot recall a single instance in 800 episodes where it does not follow this), though it takes liberties with how evolutions happen.
                  __________________
                  on vacation in LA and Chicago
                  Reply With Quote
                    #111    
                  Old February 25th, 2015 (1:25 PM). Edited March 24th, 2015 by twillight.
                  twillight's Avatar
                  twillight twillight is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2015
                    Nature: Sassy
                    Posts: 191
                    Well, the fact that the three canon does not contradict themselves on this issuedoesn't mean they strengthen each other.

                    Until further ado I'll go with Rattata NOT evolving Raticage in the anime.

                    ----------

                    Why everyone thinks Ash is "10 forever"?

                    -------
                    EDIT: The anime-canon DOES contradict other canons. Eg. in the anime tyrogue can evolve into and can be evolved from hitmonchan and hitmonlee, the only stable form of it being hitmontap.
                    And of course there is the poli-family which has in the anime 3 version of poliwrath and two poliwhirl.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #112    
                    Old April 2nd, 2015 (1:43 AM).
                    Beaute's Avatar
                    Beaute Beaute is offline
                    。◕‿◕。
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2011
                      Location: Orange Islands
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 71
                      Is there anywhere to watch the anime in japanese dub but with english/ japanese subtitles?
                      __________________

                      ♥ 'reach for the stars, even if you miss you'll land among them' ♥
                      Reply With Quote
                        #113    
                      Old April 2nd, 2015 (2:11 AM).
                      Wobbu's Avatar
                      Wobbu Wobbu is offline
                      Drag a needle on the good today
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2012
                        Location: Stardew Valley
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 2,793
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Beaute View Post
                        Is there anywhere to watch the anime in japanese dub but with english/ japanese subtitles?
                        Not legally. The only advice I can offer you is to use Google :\
                        __________________

                        My Favorite Song
                        Reply With Quote
                          #114    
                        Old April 9th, 2015 (12:32 PM).
                        johnathansmithonson johnathansmithonson is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2015
                          Posts: 1
                          I'm currently rediscovering pokemon and I want to buy the DVDs but they are not exactly easy to find in North America any longer for some reason.

                          Went on to ebay and found quite a few Malaysian DVDs that do not look the same as the North American ones and I am unable to find more information about them. They claim they are legitimate and have various seals to prove it.

                          I was wondering if anybody here has experience with obtaining "as-complete-as-possible" DVD sets that are in English. DVD-Region is not the biggest issue but I would prefer North America or obviously Region Free. I am mostly after the highest possible quality A/V so bootlegs are likely not going to be for me (unless they have higher quality than the official DVDs....)
                          Reply With Quote
                            #115    
                          Old April 9th, 2015 (3:28 PM).
                          Wobbu's Avatar
                          Wobbu Wobbu is offline
                          Drag a needle on the good today
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2012
                            Location: Stardew Valley
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 2,793
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by johnathansmithonson View Post
                            I'm currently rediscovering pokemon and I want to buy the DVDs but they are not exactly easy to find in North America any longer for some reason.

                            Went on to ebay and found quite a few Malaysian DVDs that do not look the same as the North American ones and I am unable to find more information about them. They claim they are legitimate and have various seals to prove it.

                            I was wondering if anybody here has experience with obtaining "as-complete-as-possible" DVD sets that are in English. DVD-Region is not the biggest issue but I would prefer North America or obviously Region Free. I am mostly after the highest possible quality A/V so bootlegs are likely not going to be for me (unless they have higher quality than the official DVDs....)
                            Off the top of my head, I know the Australian entertainment distributor Beyond Home Entertainment sells DVD sets. It isn't North American, but it is English. I'm sure there are North American DVDs but I do not know of any at this moment.

                            http://www.beyondhe.com.au/pokemon-season-1-2-gift-set.html
                            http://www.beyondhe.com.au/pokemon-all-stars-gift-set.html
                            http://www.beyondhe.com.au/pokemon-the-series-x-y-collection-1.html

                            I don't know if these can be ordered internationally but you can probably find these sets for sale at places like eBay.
                            __________________

                            My Favorite Song
                            Reply With Quote
                              #116    
                            Old April 10th, 2015 (2:17 AM). Edited April 13th, 2015 by twillight.
                            twillight's Avatar
                            twillight twillight is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2015
                              Nature: Sassy
                              Posts: 191
                              Here is a list of specials which seem to be "lost". I see them not on the official pokemon page, neither associated to a DVD or anything. If anyone has info about them, please tell.

                              - Pokémon 3D Adventure: Find Mew! (PK14)
                              - Pokémon 3D Adventure 2: Pikachu's Big Undersea Adventure (PK 16)
                              - Pikachu's Big Mysterious Adventure (PK 21) (second half)
                              Planetarium specials:
                              - Challenge from the Sky
                              - Get Together! Pokémon Planet Center
                              - Get Together! Pokémon Star Festival
                              - Celestial Globe of Light and Shadow
                              - Celestial Debris
                              Reply With Quote
                                #117    
                              Old April 10th, 2015 (1:03 PM).
                              Garchomp's Avatar
                              Garchomp Garchomp is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2013
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 152
                                Have you tried the Internet yet? Honest/serious question.
                                __________________
                                This signature has been disabled.
                                inappropriate and exceeds height limit
                                Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                                You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                                Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #118    
                                Old April 11th, 2015 (1:09 AM). Edited April 13th, 2015 by twillight.
                                twillight's Avatar
                                twillight twillight is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Feb 2015
                                  Nature: Sassy
                                  Posts: 191
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Garchomp View Post
                                  Have you tried the Internet yet? Honest/serious question.
                                  Yes, I did a serious search. One of the other specials I have in russian, as that was the only available language.

                                  I suspect the planetarium-specials never got released outside actual planetariums, and the 3D specials likely was only released in actual cinemas (prove me otherwise please).

                                  Pikachu and the pokemon band is not released yet even in japan, I call it back from the list for the moment :)
                                  And I better wait until subbed/dubbed the Mega Evolution 3.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #119    
                                  Old April 17th, 2015 (10:47 AM).
                                  AdamEternal's Avatar
                                  AdamEternal AdamEternal is offline
                                  Vanished, poof, gone!
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2014
                                    Location: Canada
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Careful
                                    Posts: 223
                                    (I don't actually watch the anime, but my curiosity is too strong.)

                                    A ton of Pokemon have been featured, and I'm pretty sure most, if not all. But are there any Pokemon that haven't been featured?

                                    By featured Pokemon, I mean Pokemon that have had some part, and not as an extra.

                                    Some Pokemon we tend to overlook, because they blend in with the crowd too much, like most middle-evolution Pokemon.
                                    __________________
                                    Username
                                    AdamEternal
                                    ING
                                    Adam
                                    Safari
                                    Seviper, Swalot, Drapion
                                    Games
                                    Pokemon Y, Pokemon White, Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Super Smash Bros. 3DS
                                    My Profile
                                    http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=486561
                                    Prism League
                                    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334179
                                    Notes
                                    Going inactive. Have fun!
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #120    
                                    Old April 17th, 2015 (11:02 AM).
                                    Garchomp's Avatar
                                    Garchomp Garchomp is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2013
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 152
                                      Well, I'm pretty sure both porygon2 and porygon-z haven't even been shown, but don't quote me on that.
                                      __________________
                                      This signature has been disabled.
                                      inappropriate and exceeds height limit
                                      Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                                      You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                                      Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #121    
                                      Old April 19th, 2015 (12:01 PM). Edited April 25th, 2015 by twillight.
                                      twillight's Avatar
                                      twillight twillight is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Feb 2015
                                        Nature: Sassy
                                        Posts: 191
                                        Here is the full list of pokemons and wether they appeared (and when) during the anime. Although I cannot guarantee the list is flawless, as bulbapedia at times contains mistakes.
                                        Two versions of Burmy did 0 appearances (not even specials/movies, which are marked by * on the list), or Deerling's winter form. These seem to be it.
                                        Misingno is also missing unless you consider to be its cameo what during the 7th movie's intro was probably just an effect.


                                        NEW QUESTION:
                                        What happens with a pokemon if it is inside a pokeball, when that pokeball gets irrepairibly damaged (like the pokeball Ash and Gery fished out and broke in half)?

                                        NEW 2 QUESTION:
                                        Is Alamos Town mentioned anywhere outside Rise of Darkai (the 10th movie)?
                                        __________________
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #122    
                                        Old April 25th, 2015 (5:17 PM).
                                        AdamEternal's Avatar
                                        AdamEternal AdamEternal is offline
                                        Vanished, poof, gone!
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jun 2014
                                          Location: Canada
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Careful
                                          Posts: 223
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Garchomp View Post
                                          Well, I'm pretty sure both porygon2 and porygon-z haven't even been shown, but don't quote me on that.
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by twillight View Post
                                          Here is the full list of pokemons and wether they appeared (and when) during the anime. Although I cannot guarantee the list is flawless, as bulbapedia at times contains mistakes.
                                          Two versions of Burmy did 0 appearances (not even specials/movies, which are marked by * on the list), or Deerling's winter form. These seem to be it.
                                          Misingno is also missing unless you consider to be its cameo what during the 7th movie's intro was probably just an effect.
                                          Thanks. It can be pretty surprising how many Pokemon have been featured. (Also, my post was originally a thread, but I guess it was just moved here without giving me a notification. Notifications, y u nu du stuf?)
                                          __________________
                                          Username
                                          AdamEternal
                                          ING
                                          Adam
                                          Safari
                                          Seviper, Swalot, Drapion
                                          Games
                                          Pokemon Y, Pokemon White, Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Super Smash Bros. 3DS
                                          My Profile
                                          http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=486561
                                          Prism League
                                          http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334179
                                          Notes
                                          Going inactive. Have fun!
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #123    
                                          Old April 25th, 2015 (6:26 PM).
                                          Ash's Avatar
                                          Ash Ash is offline
                                          redemption
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jul 2008
                                          Nature: Gentle
                                          Posts: 10,994
                                          Quote:
                                          NEW QUESTION:
                                          What happens with a pokemon if it is inside a pokeball, when that pokeball gets irrepairibly damaged (like the pokeball Ash and Gery fished out and broke in half)?
                                          I don't believe this is something that can really be explained in the anime. Though I would probably lean towards the Pokemon somehow gets released from the Pokeball upon it being damaged. If not that then the worst thing that could possibly happen and the Pokemon dies. We'll probably never see such a thing happen if it's the latter.

                                          Of course if there is something that says that happens (in the anime) someone is more than welcome to correct me.

                                          Quote:
                                          NEW 2 QUESTION:
                                          Is Alamos Town mentioned anywhere outside Rise of Darkai (the 10th movie)?
                                          Nope. None of the movie-only towns are mentioned outside of their respective movie.
                                          __________________

                                          my past does not define me
                                          'cause my past is not today
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #124    
                                          Old May 11th, 2015 (9:40 AM). Edited May 11th, 2015 by twillight.
                                          twillight's Avatar
                                          twillight twillight is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Feb 2015
                                            Nature: Sassy
                                            Posts: 191
                                            This is in both version of the 14th movie, during the intro:



                                            So this should be an unova-mon. But I just can't figure which. Pls help!

                                            ------------

                                            FOUND! It is a Swoobat.
                                            __________________
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #125    
                                            Old May 27th, 2015 (12:49 PM).
                                            Grade1310's Avatar
                                            Grade1310 Grade1310 is offline
                                            Pokemon League Official
                                               
                                              Join Date: May 2015
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Quiet
                                              Posts: 9
                                              hello this is my first topic. i have a pokeball related question
                                              in the wery first episode of generation1 we can see a green pokeball. now, i wonder what kind of ball that is? i have found a picture of all the balls and there is a blue and a green pokeball. istead of the red color there is Green.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                              Reply

                                              Quick Reply

                                              Join the conversation!

                                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                              Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:05 PM.