• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Liquid Crystal Bug thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Okay as you all know there are tons of bugs, oddities. so as co-owner of Liquid Crystal please tell me the stuff you generally don't like about the hack. Post it here so we can make sure that Liquid Crystal is completed bug-free for beta 3. Even if you need help solving a problem with Bugs, post it here and we'll sort it out.

So far problems include:
Sprites (loads of people love/ hate sprites like charizard).
weather effect palettes messing up.
freezing in battles, due to bad assembly.
Some music sound's strange.
Graphical based problems. (I'm obviously going to change everything :))
World Map palettes and tiles have been changed. It was a little dull before.
New maps, some people genuinely liked the HG/ SS maps so we're doing our own renditions of the routes.
Pryce's Piloswine on 2nd battle
Talking to Scientist Ross
The Admins of the electric type team don't have names
Trainers have odd names like Fishermen Zelk
Trainers have $0
A Bird Keeper in the Orange Is. has Remoraid
Bruno has a Machop (O.0)

So, if you have anymore problems/ ideas feel free to post. Try not to post the same things, I won't answer more than 2 to the same question. Please read each others posts carefully before posting.

Before Mod's say "There's another thread for that". This is for our development purpose as well as general troubleshooting. So don't close this.

Last edited:
Years
Known glitches that have been mentioned:
Pryce's Piloswine on 2nd battle
Talking to Scientist Ross
The Admins of the electric type team don't have names
Trainers have odd names like Fishermen Zelk
Trainers have $0
A Bird Keeper in the Orange Is. has Remoraid
Bruno has a Machop (O.0)

Unknown glitches:
Post will be edited when I do another playthrough

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
So,I will post it here....

Kadabra sucks :D,every time when my rival sends it the game will freeze...i have 2 saved files but i saves the game in emulator,which can be big problem....1.file is before he sends Kadabra,it´s his Magneton and 2. file is freezed game with Kadabra...

I am stupid with this things,I tried to patch file one again but it´s the same problem again....what i can do? I don´t want to lose my saves...please help...

Oh,and in Dragons Den you can walk through water...

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
I also found a bug. In the battle tower, Gold is up there on the battle tower and if you use the ghost cheat and talk to it, it will freeze the game. Same with Zane in celadon city.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I also found a bug. In the battle tower, Gold is up there on the battle tower and if you use the ghost cheat and talk to it, it will freeze the game. Same with Zane in celadon city.
"Bugs" aren't bugs if you use cheats to find them.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
So,I will post it here....

Kadabra sucks :D,every time when my rival sends it the game will freeze...i have 2 saved files but i saves the game in emulator,which can be big problem....1.file is before he sends Kadabra,it´s his Magneton and 2. file is freezed game with Kadabra...

I am stupid with this things,I tried to patch file one again but it´s the same problem again....what i can do? I don´t want to lose my saves...please help...

Oh,and in Dragons Den you can walk through water...

It's an assembly bug, I'll get back to you tonight with the answer to get around that bug. But it will be fixed in the final version.

Don't use cheats on any hack. There will always be problems, for that the bug you reported is invalid to us. :P

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
My crocanw seems to be learning moves for a quilava ...
:S y?

Years
Some Pokemon won't evolve.
The weather can be glitchy, and turn the color black.
Some trainers in Team Statics Hideout use non-electric Pokemon. What is Team Static going to be replaced with?

That is some more I have. I like Magnius music.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
It's an assembly bug, I'll get back to you tonight with the answer to get around that bug. But it will be fixed in the final version.

Don't use cheats on any hack. There will always be problems, for that the bug you reported is invalid to us. :P

Ok,I sent to you my folder with game and saves...hope you will answer me soon...

And,when will be released the last beta?

smeagol350

hines86
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
my game crashes when i go up to the three rats (entei,suicune,raikou) please help

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
It's been awhile since I played it, but after the Suicune/Eusine event in Cianwood (when Suicune runs on the water), surfing on the water will mess the game up. I'm trying to remember... the sprite was sort of gliding and I couldn't get back on land at all. Avoiding surfing until you enter a house or something and then coming back out will bypass this problem. If need be, I can play up to this part again and take pics.

Oh yeah, and I forget if it was this way in the original games, but I found it weird that the Poliwag family couldn't learn Ice Punch o.o

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Hi there. First of all, amazing game this is, Liquid Crystal. I am enjoying it a lot, can't wait for the updates to continue with the Orange League after the first island. I have experienced some glitches, but nothing that really affects what i can do in the game etc, so it's nothing major, apart from the cave where you catch Zapdos. I have already done that step with the flutes and all that and catched Moltres and Articuno, but the entrance for Zapdos is not accessible, the cave opening is blocked by 2 rocks, not even with the walk through walls cheat can i go into the cave. The original writing on the wall is still there, but shows nothing when i click on it. But the cave entrance itself is blocked and i can't get in. Thanks again for the great game. Other things was the fact that the guy who teaches Dragon Claw, my Dragonite can't learn it....

Years
I Have never experienced some of the bugs mentioned, except the "Strange Trainer Names" one, wich is not actually a bug. In fact i have no complaints whatsoever of this hack, since it's the best one i've ever played ( 60 hrs of gameplay so far {:3} ).

But i did came across some bugs:

- Sometimes, even after collecting a berry, the sprite does not dissapear;
- After the whole dragon's den event, clair stays outside of the little house (The one where the old guy gives you a dratini), when i tried to speak to her, she would say: ''This message prevents the game from crashing'';
- Some music, does sound strange;
- Sometimes i could not Dive. (Specially in that little cave, in cinnabar, near the PC)
- Some areas are not "walkable"

I missed the Coin Amulet ... ;-;
I was actually making a list of bugs, as i do with all the hacks i play, but i got so into this one, that i just wanted to play. Some say a hack will never be so good as a game, but this one is ;)

( Oh... Just realized how old this is... But n'ways, i do hope you, creators get this ;) )

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Whenever I check summary of a Pokemon I get a black screen. Anyone know how to fix this

Ft

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
Hey, I've played your Liquid Crystal hack extensively and I must say I am impressed. Throughout my Liquid Crystal journey I have compiled what I believe to be a 100 percent complete list of bugs and anomalies. I mean every single detail even the smallest errors like a random question mark found in one of the characters dialogue boxes. I even have screenshots of every anomaly found. Just contact me or repost this if Mr. Linkandzelda would like my email so I can show you what I found. I know the last post was 2009 so maybe you don't give a damn but I'm just sayin I could help you out in perfecting this amazing piece you created.

---Ft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back