• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I found a shiny Charizard on my FireRed...loading screen. :D If you ever notice when you're SRing, the Charizard starts off black and shining before flashing and being replaced with a normal Charizard. Well, that's it for shiny encounters on my end.

Well, considering I had Emerald and played it for ~90 hours before all my games prior to 4th gen (and the GBA) got stolen in an unfortunate accident, I didn't get to hatch more than ~5000 eggs, on that hunt. :P

I'm really sorry about that. :( I hope you end up getting that KFC! (And MM with his shiny Chiko!) And still, 5000 eggs is a lot!

Sorry for the lack of posting, I have been very busy~

I have edited the first post will all needed information.

Good luck on all hunts and congrats to all new shinies!

Haha, that's okay. I'll hold down the fort for a while. *grabs power*

Thanks for keeping the ShinyDex up to date - that's a lot of work, especially with all the new shinies people are getting. Unfortunately, I haven't given a contribution lately, but hopefully I will soon.

I would absolutely love to join this. :)

I've found myself a grand total of four shinies, all RE.

The first was in Silver. I found a Krabby, but I was so young (And hadn't lurked on the internet, LOL) I thought it was a glitch and killed it. XD Ah, youth.

As if in punishment, the years of RSE taunted me with not a single wild shiny. :( But, when I finally got Pearl, in the cave you find the lost girl in I found a green Zubat! O.O It was in a double battle, so I was terrified. I used the weakest move I had on the other Pokemon... and it criticaled and the other Zubat fainted. Fortunately, my partner only used a weak move, so the shiny was left with 1 HP. I tossed a Quick Ball... and caught it. O.O I trained it up to a shiny Crobat, but later traded it for a Mattle Ho-oh and a Hadou Mew.

Then one day after I restarted my Pearl, I was doing a scramble challenge. While trying to find a Shinx with Intimidate, I found a shiny Starly! This time I was much more savvy, so I traded it to the game that had all my Rare Candies to find out the IVs. I use that game for RNG breeding now. :)

And last, last but not least, my crowning achievement. I was playing through White for the very first time. I entered Heaven Tower for the very first time. My first encounter was of course a Litwick... but... I blinked. I didn't see the sparkle, only the very tail end. I thought I'd imagined it. Since I'd never encountered a Litwick before, I didn't know if the flame was the right color or not. I yelled at my sister to boot up the laptop, and sure enough it was shiny. I caught it in the first ball I threw. I hadn't been planning to use Chandelure, but seeing that shiny made me reconsider. I now have an orange Chandelure on about 60. :)

YAY shinies!

Welcome to the Shiny Hunter's Club!! It's awesome to have more members who love shinies. :)

That's an awesome story about Zubat - I would have been terrified! You got really lucky there, "lol."

I probably know less than 10 B/W Pokemon, but Chandelure is one of them, and its shiny form looks incredible. I would love to have one of those!!

Wow about time this club got an update, I will go on my Diamond later and find all the shinys I have, Currently I am just playing through both black and white and getting some good natured pokemon I always use the grass to level hoping to get a random shiny but so far nothing, As I have 2 dslite and the Pokemon DSI on my final DS I am sring for Giratina on platinum, As soon as I get to SR points I will be trying to get The new shiny tio of Visarion, Cobalion and the other one, aswell as a shiny victini.

GL all and good to see the club back, will update with what I have later, I have 5 I think

Welcome back to a returning member!

Giratina is a great shiny - the blue gives it a really aesthetic contrast in the color scheme. Good luck! Have fun playing through B/W, too. *grumbles*

I've been going after that new target in FR for the past couple of days. I usually do other stuff while shiny hunting, so I've been putting off the Mudkip hunt because I don't want to waste any time on Sapphire. I need to Mudkip-hunt only when I'm playing Pokemon and not doing anything else.

By the way, what are everyone's opinions on the pluralization of "shiny?" I've seen it both ways, and it always puzzles me when I post. Any stories/reasons/arguments either way?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I have added all new shinies and members to the first post. Welcome to all those new members, and good luck on all your hunts.

I made a banner for my signature with my shinies in it. Does anyone like it? Not like? :3 I would enjoy some criticism~

Also, I have decided what to start my next hunt on. Well, technically, I didn't. I found a random Pokemon generator, and I am going to do it until I get a Steel or Dragon type (that I can hunt in B/W) and hunt it for the circuit!

Let's see what I get:

Turtwig, Lickilicky, Trubbish, Abomasnow (Or as I like to call it, Obamasnow), Serperior, Palkia, Machoke, Tynamo, Bisharp.

I have determined my next hunt! It will be for a Shiny Pawniard! Wish me luck! I am going to MM it in White, and RE it in Black when I get it. I should get it tomorrow.

Here is the generator.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
Years
I traded my Shiny Patrat for a Shiny Rapidash the other day, via the GTS Negotiations.
I must say;; Shiny Rapidash is a very pretty Pokemon! x33

My favourite Shiny is Flareon -- I'm currently cycling up and down hatching Eevee eggs.
/Fingers crossed.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I traded my Shiny Patrat for a Shiny Rapidash the other day, via the GTS Negotiations.
I must say;; Shiny Rapidash is a very pretty Pokemon! x33

My favourite Shiny is Flareon -- I'm currently cycling up and down hatching Eevee eggs.
/Fingers crossed.

Okay, I removed your Patrat from the Pokedex and since Rapidash is from a trade, it won't be added to the Pokedex~ Just so you don't get "WHERE THE HELL ARE MY POKEMANZ?" when you look at the Pokedex. ^-^;

Years
I'd like to join. I've only recently actualy started seeking out shiny's rather than hoping for a random encounter/non-MM egg hatch. I've been breeding for a Litwick in White but decided to take a break after losing count over how many eggs I had hatched with no luck, so now I'm hunting for a sentret in Black, since seeing that they were swarming reminded me of how I used to want a shiny furret.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Good luck to everyone on their hunts, and congratulations everyone who got their shinies!

Right now I'm hatching for shiny Sneasel, Treecko, and Staryu. I'm hunting the Staryu for my best friend, just because he loves Staryu :D
I'm hunting the Sneasel and Treecko because their coloring is beautiful :]

Oh, and Landorus, you made a mistake on the Pokédex. I think somebody else had the Ponyta and Rapidash; my shinies are Absol and Poochyena.

Edit: I just hatched a female shiny Treecko on the 25th egg! I didn't expect to get her so quickly! This made my night.

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
I have added all new shinies and members to the first post. Welcome to all those new members, and good luck on all your hunts.

*Points* I don't plan to evolve my Pidgeotto, so don't count me on the dex for Pidgeot. :)

I made a banner for my signature with my shinies in it. Does anyone like it? Not like? :3 I would enjoy some criticism~

It's simple and gets the point through - it's nice! I usually prefer showing a bit more detailed info on my Shinies though (name/method obtained), so I use the card you see in my sig.

I'm really sorry about that. :( I hope you end up getting that KFC! (And MM with his shiny Chiko!) And still, 5000 eggs is a lot!

Ya tell me about it! I had 31 IVs rolling left and right on the last generation; each parent had two of 'em and they went all the way to Lvl 100 just from the Daycare (and 1 level each so that they'd be Combusken) - thus the KFC joke.

By the way, what are everyone's opinions on the pluralization of "shiny?" I've seen it both ways, and it always puzzles me when I post. Any stories/reasons/arguments either way?

Shiny is a normal English word, so the rule of "y->ie" theoretically applies. The word Shiny itself used as a plural does not exist normally, but as far as I know, only acronyms should have s/'s added to them (ROMs, CD's).

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
*Points* I don't plan to evolve my Pidgeotto, so don't count me on the dex for Pidgeot. :)

I count all evolutions by level whether or not you plan to evolve them, in case you ever chose to so I won't have to update again.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts, and congratulations everyone who got their shinies!

Right now I'm hatching for shiny Sneasel, Treecko, and Staryu. I'm hunting the Staryu for my best friend, just because he loves Staryu :D
I'm hunting the Sneasel and Treecko because their coloring is beautiful :]

Oh, and Landorus, you made a mistake on the Pokédex. I think somebody else had the Ponyta and Rapidash; my shinies are Absol and Poochyena.

Edit: I just hatched a female shiny Treecko on the 25th egg! I didn't expect to get her so quickly! This made my night.
Congrats on the Treecko!
I'd like to join. I've only recently actualy started seeking out shiny's rather than hoping for a random encounter/non-MM egg hatch. I've been breeding for a Litwick in White but decided to take a break after losing count over how many eggs I had hatched with no luck, so now I'm hunting for a sentret in Black, since seeing that they were swarming reminded me of how I used to want a shiny furret.

Welcome kind sir o3o

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
As promised the list of shinys I have,

Absol, Oddish. Geodude x40 lol. I got addicted to chaining them,Phanphy and donphan.

That all I have, Looking through I remember all the breeding I was doing for a shiny sceptile on Diamond, Back in the good old days of the last club before it died, now we have the new and old generation. :)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
As promised the list of shinys I have,

Absol, Oddish. Geodude x40 lol. I got addicted to chaining them,Phanphy and donphan.

That all I have, Looking through I remember all the breeding I was doing for a shiny sceptile on Diamond, Back in the good old days of the last club before it died, now we have the new and old generation. :)

Added~

So, I am getting Black today. Was supposed to get it Thursday, but FedEx is retarded. OKay, it is coming from Kentucky. They drove through my state, to Pennsylvania. Through my state again to Indiana. Through my state AGAIN to New York. Then they're finally delivering it.

Anyways, I am going to playthrough with my Shiny DW Darumaka and Shiny Whismur. I've had Whismur since 2008, still untouched. lol

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
I finally built up the courage to ask my parents to let me get Black, and it worked!!! They said yes! Black should be arriving sometime next week. They probably have absolutely no respect for me anymore, but at least I'll have the game. :) Now I'll be able to understand what you guys are saying - half the time, it sounds like y'all are speaking another language, "lol!"

I haven't been feeling that great lately, so I haven't been hunting for more than 3 hours a day. I like to get at least one shiny per month (I think my record is 7 consecutive months getting a shiny), but it looks like March might be shinyless for me. :(

Lack of posting means a lack of shinies on my end.
Lots of posting...well, that's still usually a lack of shinies on my end! :D

Nice banner! I like it, although I would get rid of the empty boxes, which take up a majority of the banner. I love the optimism and implication that you're going to get lots of shinies, but the empty boxes just don't do any good. If you made it include only the shinies you already have, each box could be bigger and you could more glamorously show off your shinies. ;)

/Fingers crossed.

Good luck! Eevee's one of the best shinies to get - it gives you 8 shiny options to choose from!

Welcome! It's always great to see new shiny hunters. ;) Good luck with the Sentret! And personally, I'd go back and continue with the Litwick hunt - Chandelure is the coolest 5th gen shiny! (out of the 5 I've seen, "lol!")

Congratulations!! Shiny Treecko is awesome! *does shiny dance*

Shiny is a normal English word, so the rule of "y->ie" theoretically applies. The word Shiny itself used as a plural does not exist normally, but as far as I know, only acronyms should have s/'s added to them (ROMs, CD's).

Thanks for the input. I was unsure because shiny is a normal English adjective, but not a noun. I think I'll be saying "shinies" from now on. :)

...Geodude x40...

O_O What!? That's nuts, man! 40 shiny Geodudes? Wow, that's awesome. You should be given a medal or something, "lol."

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Hi, I was in the last club. I would like to join.

Currently hunting shiny eevee and porygon.

G-Money

Years
Hi, I was in the last club. I would like to join.

Currently hunting shiny eevee and porygon.

Welcome back, Chr. Draco! Which methods are you trying for Eevee and Porygon?

Hunting Progress:

Nothing. It's getting towards the end of the month, so I'm just going to go on a hunting spree. I usually hunt while doing something else, but I should really start pure hunting.

I'm expressing my optimism with my lack of a banner. I haven't bothered adding Treecko or Venusaur yet, since I'll have to take it down soon anyways to add my next shiny, which should be coming soon! :)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I will see if I can find the cart with my geodudes on it. I lost it when I moved house. I was gutted. I know its around somewhere. lol. Just not sure where I left it.

For me I have been EV training my Virizion for a competitive team I'm going to be running.
What are the opinions on the new matsuda method? Was going to use it to get a shiny competitive team. lol

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I like the new Masude method. a 6/8192 chance or something like that to get a shiny Pokemon through breeding with a different language counterpart. I'm not trying to get a shiny, but I've been breeding with a japanese Ditto, and I'd be really happy if I just happened to come across one which was shiny. I'm just doing some plain IV breeding.

Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I did come across a Shiny Gothorita, and that didn't get in the Shiny Pokedex, so if it isn't any trouble, could I get put in there?

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Same here, my shinies didn't get added into the Pokédex. Poochyena, Absol, and Treecko.

Anyways, I should try the Masuda Method in White, but I'm too caught up with breeding in Platinum. I haven't even gotten that far in White yet (despite getting it the day it came out here, lol).

Years
My sincerest apologies for forgetting another shiny, but please add the Totodile line to the list. Here is my original post from the original SHC. I am now making a full audit of each of my 4th-gen games for other potentially missing shinies, though I doubt any more are missing.

780 Tepigs.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Welcome back, Chr. Draco! Which methods are you trying for Eevee and Porygon?

Hunting Progress:

Nothing. It's getting towards the end of the month, so I'm just going to go on a hunting spree. I usually hunt while doing something else, but I should really start pure hunting.

I'm expressing my optimism with my lack of a banner. I haven't bothered adding Treecko or Venusaur yet, since I'll have to take it down soon anyways to add my next shiny, which should be coming soon! :)

I'm SRing them
And don't worry, you'll find some soon before the end of the month.

My shiny News: Recently got shiny porygon in platinum.
Brave nature and mischievous characteristic
lv 25 and according to serebii, it's IV's are 0/1/13//31/27/13
(I still can't believe the stats, so I'll find out when I lvl it to 100).

Good luck everyone on their hunts

Update: sorry for posting so fast again, after I got my shiny porygon, I went to hearthome city to SR for shiny eevee, and can't believe it appeared so fast, like 10-15 SRs. Again sorry for updating so fast.
eevee: serious nature, highly curious characteristic, IV's 7/12/2/30/12/12.

Last edited:

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
Srry For the absense but it appears my luck is over :(. Haven't saw a shiny for awhile now,
but I just got myself a japanse ditto so I could MM for shinies now. Wish me luck.
Also congrast on all the new shinies and all the new members
DarkTorchic welcomes you all.

First MM target Charmander (HG)

EDIT Also Have Pokémon White :) (It's isn't my game it's from a friend)

EDIT Took a break from hatching and caught Victini, well let's start hatching again. :)

Last edited:

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Hello. I would like to join.
I don't have many shinies at all, really. Just 2 :)
I SRd for a shiny Snivy in White, and also caught a random shiny Joltik, which I evolved into Galvantula.
I'm gonna start breeding for a shiny Karrablast once I obtain a Japanese Ditto.

Back