• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Electric Pokemon Did You Use?

Which Electric Pokemon Did You Use?

• Luxray

Votes: 92 64.3%
  • Raichu

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Electivire

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Other (Please list)

Votes: 27 18.9%

• Total voters

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I used my Intimidate Luxray, I was so in love with it. It's a great Pokémon, and I trained it up to Lv. 100 in my first playthrought :D

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Strangely enough I don't recall having a real Electric type in DPPt, Don't think I had one at all in my original playthrough and as for my nuzruns, Diamond had none whil my first Plat had Porygon-Z with Electric attacks. In my 2nd Plat nuzrun I had a Luxio, but he fucking died at the Ghost gym so I replaced him with a Jolteon.

As for HGSS, I used Ampharos and Lanturn :)

Years
I see pretty much everyone using Luxray in D/P/Pt, but I think you should all give Pachirisu a chance. It's surprisingly tanky for a Pikaclone, and the success of both the one used on a VGC-winning team and Ninjarisu from Marriland's Platinum Nuzlocke only made me love it even more.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 15, 2019
Magnemite was and still is one of my favorites from Gen 1 so I naturally went for Magnezone. I am still kind of annoyed that Magnezone, the flying saucer, can't learn fly.

Years
Like most, I used a Luxray throughout D/P/Pt. I caught it early on and pretty much hung on to it for the rest of the game.

Last edited:
Years
in diamond, i don't have an electric type, but i have my female cranidos *nickname - mirit* with thunderbolt for that :smile:

in pearl, i have my female pachirisu *nickname: pachi* with spark :smile: *well, i did have my shinx, but i had to put her in the pc for shieldon... *

in platinum, again, i don't have any electric type, but i have my female rhyhorn *nickname: kano* with shockwave.. *although, she still kinda Succumbs to water type moves :frown:... but i do try to get passed that*

in heartgold, i have my female flaaffy *nickname: moko) with thundershock :love:

though, in soulsilver, i don't have any electric types at all....

The Foogle

Gone For Good
Years
I tried a LOT of elec types in Platinum but I think the winner was Jolteon it's so good. I tried Raichu, but it is EXTRAORDINARILY frail. Don't use it. Magnezone i don't think was a success because you get it AFTER you need it most. Not to mention Luxray was probably one of the best but awful move pool :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
In Diamond, I know I used Luxray bc I'm a basic bitch and I was excited for an electric lion. lol I used Rotom in Platinum bc I love him. And then SoulSilver uhhh I think I went with Ampharos. I know I used a Raikou in HeartGold at one point, and a Magnezone on another playthrough. And a Jolteon at one point. I played these games a lot, aha.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 24, 2018
Shinx and Ampharos are good options, since they are the almost only pokemon you can meet in the wild during your playthrough.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I know that I've at least used Shinx and Magnezone in my Gen 4 playthroughs

might've been others too, but idr

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Never played Gen 4 but if I had to go with an Electric Type(as tempting as Shinx is), I'd go with Jolteon. Special Attacker with exceptional speed to go with it.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
I use luxray, it has the coolest design and is really strong. Actually I'm my current run i am using one, and it is my MVP

Back