• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Turning her head to look at Bri, Sel grinned over her shoulder at him. "Seriously Bri? We've spent all day hiking up and down a freaking mountain, digging away in this heat, and you want to battle NOW before we've even had any refreshments?" she paused. Well...sure she was shattered...and really needed a sit down but, it could be a really good test to fight under these less than perfect conditions - especially seeing as Bri himself couldn't be all that fresh at the moment. Smirking, she turned to Bri, stroking Ryan's tail and walking towards him slowly.

"Sounds ideal. But we can't be too long, I want this smoothie I've been promised and, well," she gestured back towards Valorie and Mark, "my bestie over there got a bit of a situation I'm monitoring slash assisting with, get me? Although...she isn't going to be able to update me much with Mark actually THERE...so that isn't really a limiting factor." She stood opposite Bri.

"Well. I assume you're aware who I'll be putting out on the field," she grinned, patting Ryan's head, the Pikachu's cheeks crackling with electricity happily, "shall we get on this?"

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Bri was happy and terrified at the same time. His plan had worked! But, he had to battle now! He wasn't sure how well he would do... But he was going to give it his best. He sent out Nova, who seeing this was a battle, growled intimidatingly at the pikachu. Bri gave him a look, and he simmered down. Thyme didn't so much as look at the growlithe.Bri pulled out his pokedex to check the pikachu's level, and Nova's mones. Ryan the Pikachu was level 13, and Nova only knew Bite, Ember, Leer, and Roar. What did Roar do? He would soon find out. Then he froze. Wait, Ryan was her weakest pokemon by her own admission. So how strong where her other pokemon? This just got very bad. Bri had two pokemon that were level 12, but that was all he had! Nova and Drizzle were level 10 and 11! How could he win?
"Well, I've got to try... Nova! Use Ember!" Bri said. Novba looked at him, then turned and fired a great deal of small flaming red spheres at the pikachu. It almost reminded him of Bullet Seed.

That's when what Selene had said clicked in his mind. She was trying to help Valerie? With what? There could only be one explaination. She had somehow picked up what Bri had just found out. She was more observant than he gave her credit for.
"Wait... What? You're actually... Huh?" he said. He couldn't form an intelligent sentance. He didn't think she was at all up to the task she had set herself on, but no one else seemed to care, and Bri wanted to see his friends be happy.
"Well... Uh... How can I help?" he mumbled out.

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Years
Nova...Growlithe...hmm. Ryan had never been up against a fire pokemon before, this could get interesting. Sel smiled as Nova growled at Ryan, whose tail twitched as he kept to their strategy - give away nothing, never attack first. Ryan's speed and special attacks were their strength here - as Sel pulled out her pokedex to check out Nova, she was relieved to see that he wasn't anywhere near as fast as Ryan...but his attack stats were strong, even though he was 3 levels lower than Ry, Ryan wasn't too good on the defensive, so speed was definitely the road they'd have to take here.

"Use your Quick Attack Ry!" shouted Sel in response to Nova's ember attack, watching in satisfaction as Ryan dodged the Ember that was sent his way through his Quick Attack, darting forward from side to side so fast he was a blur to her. Even dodging the fire attack he looked on course for Nova, "If you hit use your Agility!" she yelled after him, their standard procedure was to keep their speed up even if an attack hits. The majority of training Selene had done with Ryan was on stamina, to keep up this strategy.

"I'm actually what? Helping them? Of course I am, Valorie is my closest friend here, we talk..." she said, raising an eyebrow at Bri. She smiled as he asked how he could help, "Aww hun, I'd like to say I've got this under control but to be honest, THEY'VE got this under control. I think the best thing you can do to help is just...let them have their time, but if Mark wants to talk about anything, then just listen! That's all either of us can do I guess!"

Nideous

Years
Bri looked at her.
"If you say so," he said.It wasn't that he didn't believe her, it just he felt that maybe it was more complicated than that! All he had to do was listen? That was easy! Nova got hit with the Quick Attack, and before he could turn to Bite back, the pikachu was gone! Where had he gone?! Oh, wait, there he was! Bri was over matched, and he knew it.
"Well, I guess it's time to try that move. Nova! Use Roar," Bri said. Nova growled a bit, then let out the fiercest roar Bri had ever heard. Thyme started shaking again, and even Bri got scared. Not only was it load and menacing, but it had power. Bri could feel it in him. It made him want to hide under his bed and never come out again. But he didn't. He stood there, trembling slightly, as Nova roared at the pikachu. Nova himself was mad! That pikachu had hit him! And then he got away! Well, he'd show that little rat who was boss!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie rubbed the back of her head in an awkward manner at Selenes' question. For a moment she was heavily tempted to answer that she'd tell Selene later. Yet, this was Selene. She trusted Selene. On top of that, everyone in the immediate area basically already knew anyway. She was embarrassed, but pushed herself the extra mile, playing with her hands out of nervous habit.

"Well... you see. Dratini sort of thinks that Mark is her father... and she thinks I'm her mother."

She let the implications go implied, figuring they were so obvious even a person that literally had no sense of humor could pick up on them, meaning Selene definitely would.

She then noticed Selene and Brian were starting a battle and turned back around, placing her hands on hee hips in an impatient manner. She said nothing though. What a time to decide to have a battle. She was half tempted to ask Mark for a reach, seeing as she had nothing else to do, but abstained on the sole premise that she worried their battle might somehow wind up lasting longer. Instead, she decided to let Charmeleon back out of her ball, seeing as how Charmeleon had had time to calm down. Charmeleon peered up at Valorie, who then patted her pokemon on the forehead. Dratini meanwhile seemed to enjoy being held by Mark immensely. Valorie glanced at Dratini brieflly and then at Mark. She seemed to be thinking, possibly about what to say.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark blushed slightly again when Valorie mentioned what happened to Selene but shrugged it off quickly as he was distracted by Dratini's signs of affection. He nuzzled against her nose and smiled down at Dratini. Meanwhile Selene and Bri were about to get involved in a battle. Well... they had all day. The smoothies weren't going anywhere.

He looked over to Valorie who had been looking at Mark. She had been looking at him alot every so often, though Mark was just as guilty. He was looking at her just as much. He liked her so... who could blame him? He simpily smiled at her again. "hm?" Mark said as if she wanted to say something.

SelenaStar

Years
The roar even set Sel's hair on the back of her neck on end, and she watched as Ryan froze up for a moment then ran back to her, curling around her neck. She tried to hide her annoyance. She was trying to train Ryan up, not have him scared out of battle by Roar...well, she'd wait until he calmed down and then she'd send him back out, if the battle wasn't over by then that was.

"Using a move you don't know? Intresting technique..." said Sel, not trusting herself to go any further than that for fear of saying something to Bri, unclipping a pokeball from her belt. She sent Ri out into battle, knowing that his Inner Focus ability prevented him from flinching, hoping it would be effective against another Roar attack. His speed was also impressive, so Sel wouldn't have to adapt her strategy much, she would just be able to be less evasive than with Ryan as Ri had stronger defense.

"Okay Ri, use your Force Palm attack!" she watched as Ri ran closer to Nova, flipping forward in the air and landing heavily, transferring that energy as he thrust his palm forward. This created shock waves of energy that sped towards Nova.

Nideous

Years
"Interesting technique? Um, don't you mean dumb?" Bri asked shaking his head. He was never ever going to use Roar again. It had almost made himpee his pants! And Thyme wasn't much better off! Nova got hit in the nose with the Force Palm and snarled, Biting at the pokemon's hand without even waiting for instruction.
"Nova! You're supposed to wait until I tell you what to do! I wanted you to use Ember!" Bri said to the dog, who simply growled at him. Bri scratched his head. This battle was going very badly for him.

SelenaStar

Years
"No strategy is ever dumb...maybe not well thought through, but not dumb as long as you're fighting," disagreed Sel with a smile - she just couldn't stay annoyed at Bri, he seemed genuinely startled and on edge himself as a result of the Roar attack...and it showed, Nova was now ignoring Bri and acting of his own accord. Well...this could just turn out to their advantage...

Ri let out a loud growl as Nova bit his hand, "he's in range! Focus Punch!" cried Sel, pointing straight ahead as Ri took advantage of the Growlithe's jaw clamped around his arm to tighten his focus before releasing a fearsome punch at Nova's head at point-blank range.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
"Stuh-hand firm Bri," Skye said softly. "Don't gih-g-give uh-hip. Stuh-stop sh-shaking. Nova w-won't lih-histen to you oh-if y-you sound l-like thah-hat. You cuh-can win." rama barked his agreement and nodded, playing with the bell.

Nideous

Years
Bri scratched his head.
"No-Nova!" Bri yelled, but it was too late. Nova got hit forcefully in the head. He stumbled a few steps back and shook his head.
"Ow..." he said. Thyme recovered from the shock and took the chance to berate him.
"You see? That's what you get when you don't listen!" she said sharply.
"I'd like to see you do better!" Nova said, growling up at her. She ignored it and jumped off Bri's shoulder and walked out into the field. Nova himself sat down next to Bri and shook his head again.
"Watch this!" he said to Bri, who looked at him oddly.
"She'll listen to me, and probably do better than you did on your own. Maybe this will prove it. Thyme! Use Vine Whip!" Bri said. Thyme obeyed instantly and sent her vines out to smack the Riolu around a bit.

SelenaStar

Years
The vines wrapped around Ri's arms and raised him into the air before throwing him around and hitting him on the ground repeatedly. "Ri! Brace your leg muscles and use those vines against Thyme - move into a Seismic Toss!" said Sel as Ri was slammed into the ground again. Ri held onto the vines and planted his feet firmly on the ground, flexing his leg muscles to stabilise himself, hopefully the well-trained muscles in his legs would prove stronger than Thyme's control of the vines. He pulled the vines upward sharply, throwing Thyme into the air and then leapt up after her, moving into a Seismic Toss attack that should end up with Thyme being the one slammed against the ground this time.

Sel looked at Ryan - he was still a bit nervy but was watching Ri battle and seemed to be getting his confidence back. She was anxious to get him back out on the battlefield.

Nideous

Years
"Whoa!" Thyme shouted when she was tossed into the air.
"Use Bullet Seed!" Bri said. Thyme came down shooting seeds at Ri. She decided to show off her speed, and went into a nose dive, passing through the Riolu's paws and slamming into the ground on her stomach as she tried to right herself. She scrambled away from him, and gave him a smug look.
"You're too slow!" she said confidently to Ri. Her stomach hurt from where she slammed into the dirt, and that Ri had yanked a few leaves out of her tail, leaving it looking more disgraceful than ever, but she had gotten away in one piece.

"Thyme, keep away from him. He's a lot stronger than you are... So just play it cool and use Bullet Seed!" Bri said, trying to sound calm. But there was a note of panic in his voice that just would not go away. Nova had shaken him up quite a bit. Nova caught that too, and looked down at the ground. He didn't like scaring people this badly!
"Duh!" was Thyme's answer as she began firing seeds at Ri again.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
(Finally back from vacation time to start rping!)

"Man this is bogus!" Vince said as he stood up from his chair in the classroom. The teacher was no where to be found and he was getting very bored waiting for him. As he started walking toward the door Byron came walking in.

"Oh hey Xackford is it?" Byron said questionly. As he spotted the fossil in Vince's hand a big smile covered his face.

"Wow you actually found a fossil!" He said as Xack handed him the fossil. "Oh wow it's a claw fossil that's even more rare," Byron began exaiming the fossil. Luna began scracthing his head as he watched his teacher mess with the fossil he had found.

"Hey Byron can you turn my fossil into an ancient pokemon?" Xack asked as he pet Wattage who was resting on his head.

"Yes yes but it would take some time so I'll get back to you soon," Byron said as he rushed out the door.

Great now he's gone, well might as well go out and find something to do Vincent thought as he stepped out of the class room. He began walking around looking for something to do but nothing seemed to be going on. Until he saw Bri with a group of people he didn't know. He was in the middle of a pokemon battle which it seemed that it could go either way. Bri was fighting a girl from their class.

"Hmm a Snivy vs. a Riolu eh? Sounds cool," Vincent said to Wattage as he walked behind the group of people.

"Hey Bri don't lose cause if you do I'll have to teach that pretty girl a lesson!" Xack shouted to Bri.

Dawn

Years
Valorie hesitated a moment before responding.

"Oh, it's nothing. I'm just not sure what to say."

She smiled lightly as she spoke. She really hadn't been sure what she wanted to say, and had decided to simply come out and say it. All of a sudden, an unfamiliar voice spoke and Valorie became aware of the presence of another male. She then became aware that he was talking about Selene. Every bone in her body somehow took his confidence as a challenge. Why was this? He hadn't even been talking to her! Despite the fact that Selene had beaten her in a battle, the truth was that Valorie somehow felt the need to defend her friend. Mark might notice her gaze abruptly turn to Vincent, the boy who had spoken, and her expression became sharp and serious, almost as if she were annoyed... if it weren't for the haughty smile that slowly broke out. She could not resist any longer, her competitive nature taking over.

"Well, if you're looking for a challenge I'd love to give you it~"

Her tone spoke of pride and a lust for battle.

005xh.png
Charmeleon ♀ Lv. 18 (Dragon Rage, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
147cl.png
Dratini ♀ Lv. 22 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
328p.png
Trapinch ♀ Lv. 17 (Bite, Dig, Faint Attack, Facade, Return, Toxic)
frilish.png
Frillish ♀ Lv. 10 (Absorb, Bubble, Night Shade, Toxic, Watersport)
---
---

HunterZero

Years
Xack looked down to the girl who had just challenged him. Does he accept this challenge? Does he take the chace of Dyno not listening to him and blowing the fight for him. He thought about it for a moment and then regretted saying anything, his pokemon weren't ready for battle.

"Ahh man you caught me I was just bluffing really I figured messing with Bri would give a boost of self cofidence so he could show me that he can win. As for me miss I'm not ready to fight anyone yet," Vincent said as he stared at Dyno's pokeball. He would fight this girl when he was ready and to get ready he first had to get his Deino under control.

"But! Do you prehaps know of a good place to train?" Xack asked as he let Blitz out of his pokeball and started petting him.

Dawn

Years
Valorie blanked awkwardly, and proceeded to cough lightly in an embarrassed fashion. Sheesh. She had jumped out there for nothing, only to realize he was just joking. Charmeleon observed what Valorie was doing and just sort of shook her head. Valorie meanwhile backpedal'd hard in an attempt to not come off as obnoxious, all the competitiveness vanishing from her voice and being replaced with a withdrawn shyness.

"W-Well, I usually train my pokemon through experience... Either against other trainers pokemon or eachother. These battlefields look like the best place to do that. There are also wild pokemon outside the school you can train against as well, I guess..."

Valorie was not a huge fan of training against wild pokemon. They just didn't pose the challenge that trained pokemon did, and so even training against her own pokemon tended to yield better results from her own experience.

HunterZero

Years
Xack smiled a bit it seemed that this girl had a competitive side to her which he liked. He loved being able to challenge someone and then get a whole lot of fiery spirit coming from his opponent it made the fight all the more fun. Vince then noticed the fact that this girl had a Charmeleon.

"Oh wow a Charmeleon," He began as he let Blitz out of his pokeball. This was a great opportunity to get some training advice from someone who had experience training a Charmander. He then knelled down to the Charmeleon's level and began examining it.

"Hey miss got any pointers for me and my Charmander Blitz here? I want to get him a lot stronger and seeing that you have a Charmeleon you must have some good advice," Xack asked not forgetting about what she had said before about the training but he was so excited to see a Charmeleon. He then thought about what she said and it sounded the best course of action would be to train Blitz against Dyno seeing the two were rivals anyway or go outside the school and fight wild pokemon.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark leaned back on the bench as the other boy and Valorie were talking with eachother. He pet Dratini again before speaking up to the unfamiliar kid.

"Don't believe I've seen you before... Names Mark. That over there is my Partner Snype." Mark said pointing to Snype who had been sitting down on the grass. Len hopped up onto the same bench as Mark and sat down next to him. "Haha, This here is Len." Mark said petting him as well.

"I'd have to agree with Val over here. Alot of my training comes from experience. Currently in this school I kind of have a record of 1-2 currently. But my Pokemon have learned quite alot from their losses. I'll betcha sooner or later, I'll be dominating the school in no time...Heheh. With a bit of work of course." Mark said confidently.

HunterZero

Years
"Oh where are my manners the name is Vincent Xackford Luna, call me Xack, Vince or Luna," Xack said to Mark as he pet Wattage who was still on top of his head. Vince felt really happy he was making friends and maybe even rivals coming to this school was probably a good idea after all. He then eyeballed Synpe he had never seen a Sableye in real life before only pictures.

"I don't have a record yet but I plan on having no losses here once I get my team ready," Xack said as he looked at Blitz who shook his head in agreement.

"But if anyone will be dominating the school it will be me Mark. By the way this Charmander's name is Blitz and this Joltik Wattage," He said as he looked back to the girl waiting for an answer.

Back