• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Honey no. The problem was that Iris was supposed to be a throwback to Misty, and the entire BW series was supposed to evoke the feel of Indigo League. Her goal was to be a Dragon Master, much as Misty's was to be a Water Pokémon Master. Neither was constantly being challenged or working toward her next challenge. Ash, May, and Dawn always had a challenge coming up that brought them into focus. Misty was never a consistent focal point of the show. Neither was Iris. Misty was fun, but the focus then was Ash's growth. Iris was fun, but BW had little focus on anyone's growth. And after AG and DP, we've come to expect multiple storylines and side-by-side developmental journeys. We remember Misty as a good character who worked in that stage of the anime. We expected Iris to have as much focus and as clear a goal as May or Dawn. We expected better character development from BW.

A Misty imitation doesn't work in the anime anymore. A love interest could, but a Misty-clone won't.

All that aside, THE DIODESHIPPING IS STRONG

Sir Codin

Why not? I'll get on board with this. Looks like it's getting plenty of support already and the season's barely even started. Plus the whole childhood friends thing looks like it holds some weight and if not, at least it might give us some insight into Ash's past.

So do we have a name for this or what?

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
I don't know if the trailers are purposely trolling, or serving to promote the idea of Ash x Serena as much as possible. Because right not it's definitely the latter. Almost everything we've seen of Serena in trailers is her fondly/affectionately/fantasizing remembering her time with Ash. They are doing that more than saying anything about her actual goal. The magazine was the thing that brought up this whole "Rhyhorn racer" idea. All the trailers have pretty much shown is "Here's a new trainer named Serena, and she is really fond of Ash."

I'm on board with the ship, don't get me wrong..but they need to slow it down a bit and tell us more about her goal?

I suppose they could turn it around and reveal it's not Ash that she's thinking about, just being a case of mistaken identity...but that be kinda stupid? Like what would the point be? Serena having potential feelings for an exact Ash clone..would seem like a cop out. That doesn't stop me and a few others from being a bit skeptical. I guess I'm just cynical like that, given this is the first ship I've really taken an interest in and trying to keep my expectations low. That being said, most are convinced that it is Ash.

Sir Codin

If it isn't, there's going to be A LOT of pissed off fans. Seriously, this shipping is exploding on Serebii right now.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
If it isn't, there's going to be A LOT of pissed off fans. Seriously, this shipping is exploding on Serebii right now.

The pairing is apparently pretty popular amongst Japanese fans too according to one of the posters that currently lives in Japan too. Apparently the Pokeshippers are having a rough time on the Japanese boards, because almost everyone else is against them and on the Ash x Serena hype train now.

As said, even though I am skeptical...I don't see what the point of making Serena have feelings for an Ash clone. I mean, IMO, you're either going to have a girl like Ash or you're not. Having a girl come along and have a crush an exact clone is incredibly silly. I mean what are they going to do, have Ash 2.0 make an appearance in the middle of the saga and turn out the be a complete ahole? Or have him appear and make her chose between the two Ash's? If you're going for the latter, you're better off making an original character..not an exact clone. :/

Last edited:

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
As you can tell from my sig, I've caught on to the SatoSere bandwagon. Eheh. I have high expectations for this pairing, but I don't expect anything major to occur out of it. I'm still a Pearlshipper at heart, if anything.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I like if Ash & Serena has special nick name for each other like typical childhood friend.
For example , Serena call Ash ''Seto-Kun'' and Ash call Serena ''Sere-chan'' .
Oh , found this -
2la3j83.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Wait, so they met when they were kids or something? In any case, I can totally see this shipping, even over the alternatives. Not that they would ever make love an actual thing in an anime such as this, but it would be a cute sidestory with some awkward affection.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah, we haven't gotten much of the story on it yet but Serena definitely knows Ash. It's unclear why or where they met or if he even remembers her. xD;

Totally on board with it no matter what, but Diode's definitely my primary ship this series. :P idk why I shy away from what the writers want to tease me towards.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Diode is Ash/Clemont. And it's really cute. And I really hope those two argue a lot because it seems like they would. Especially if Ash is accidentally the victim of his failed gadgets...

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wonder if Ash & Serena made some sort of promise which promote Serena to travel with him.
As I see , Ash & Serena's encounter might be One time thing or they were close friend in past .
By the way , I wish Serena's hair were more like this-
fhair8.jpg

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Diode is Ash/Clemont. And it's really cute. And I really hope those two argue a lot because it seems like they would. Especially if Ash is accidentally the victim of his failed gadgets...
Oh, haha. Well I don't see that ship happening as I think Clemont has shown far too little personality to be interesting for Ash even if there would be any such tendencies. But everyone is free to dream~!

I wonder if Ash & Serena made some sort of promise which promote Serena to travel with him.
As I see , Ash & Serena's encounter might be One time thing or they were close friend in past .
By the way , I wish Serena's hair were more like this-
fhair8.jpg
I feel like they rather met just one time. She says "it's that boy" or something along those lines, she wouldn't have said so if they had been friends for a while I think. Maybe they were on some kind of adventure together briefly. I'm itching to know :3 Maybe she even fell in love with him that one time and has then dreamed of him ever since? :D:D /wishfulthinking

Also yes, she should ditch the hat ^^

Years
Oh, haha. Well I don't see that ship happening as I think Clemont has shown far too little personality to be interesting for Ash even if there would be any such tendencies. But everyone is free to dream~!

I feel like they rather met just one time. She says "it's that boy" or something along those lines, she wouldn't have said so if they had been friends for a while I think. Maybe they were on some kind of adventure together briefly. I'm itching to know :3 Maybe she even fell in love with him that one time and has then dreamed of him ever since? :D:D /wishfulthinking

Also yes, she should ditch the hat ^^

About Serena knowing Ash....

08_zpsa1f644ac.jpg

She asks Sycamore and I quote. "Professor, the boy who save Garchomp was..."

09_zpse6ec905f.jpg

"You're talking about Ash."

10_zpsd65d9bb6.jpg

"Ash...so I was right!!"

Perhaps it was only a one time meeting. I'm thinking (and hoping really) that they knew each other for quite some time. We'll see soon enough though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Okay then. It's meant to be. Can't wait to see this unfold 8D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well idk Clemont started getting in on things more in today's episode. Ash's reaction to travelling together, his invention, and the aftermath of the invention's epic failure was um. Adorable. Like, he thinks Clemont is really cool and already supports him even after his invention got them attacked. And Clemont is fascinated by Ash and thinks his understanding of Pokémon and selflessness is great and asdfgh cute ok

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Well idk Clemont started getting in on things more in today's episode.

It's clear to me both Ash and Serena want a piece of dat Ash to some degree. XP It's:

Clemont-------->Ash<------------Serena

Oh, and: Ash<---------------> Food/Battling

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I wonder if they'd actively ship tease Diode? Like they're obviously pushing Ash/Serena and I'm sure Bonnie will be a Shipper on Deck for Serena/Clemont. But Diode's already got subtextual support and I mean... would they do it to make the circle complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back