• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Codin

Struck out on blackjack, so I'm drowning in my sorrows right now.

How's your day been going?

droomph

weeb
Years
Well, grab a life jacket because stuff is gonna get a lot tougher.

As for me I'm really bored. I agreed to eat pork buns or whatever and now they're getting drunk or whatever grown-ups do at dinner.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Well, grab a life jacket because stuff is gonna get a lot tougher.

As for me I'm really bored. I agreed to eat pork buns or whatever and now they're getting drunk or whatever grown-ups do at dinner.

You using the word grown ups makes me feel very old ugh.

Years
I feel like as I get older I definitely have this superior quality to teenagers and children. Mostly my brothers' friends. I know some people want to argue that I'm still technically a teenager but I feel 18 is the threshold for adulthood.

I totally understand when older people say to respect your elders now because it's this feeling of authority.

Years
My parents still baby me in many ways, such as not allowing me to make some decisions on my own, or prohibit me from having an opinion in the house, which I think is wrong, especially considering I'm already 18. And it's ironic that too, that they acknowledge me as an adult.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I still look like a 14 year old or something, and I'm childish and playful enough to get along great with teenagers. Online or irl (as long as they aren't too teenagegirlish, gawd). I'm beginning to realize that I actually am what younger people refer to as a grown up though. It's sort of freaky, haha, so I'm with you, Luke.

EDIT: okay maybe not 14, maybe... 16? People still ask to see my driver's license when I buy redbull which is only sold to 16+ so ._.

Years
Unfortunately, I'm not perfect at doing other accents away from my own, but I really wish I was. It makes me jealous whenever I can hear other people around me mock either an Australian accent or a British accent :\

Years
Accent mimicking is fun. I'm like a parrot and I can repeat something someone says almost perfectly. But I'm also like a goldfish because I'll forget how to do it 30 seconds later.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I can't do anything but my normal accent and my southern accent... both which are natural u_u

Honest

Hi!
Years
Apparently, I still can pass off for a 16 year old too. I went to family friend's house the other day, where there were a lot of people invited, and this one lady was shocked when I told her I was going to college.

"You look like you're in you freshman year of high school!"

Christ, lady.

Years
The only thing that can pass me for being younger is my voice. My voice hasnt changed much since I turned 15, though it's gotten deeper slightly this year.

Earlier this year I had a friend tell me when we returned from spring break that "my voice sounds different", and that it had gotten deeper

Gabri

m8
Years
In my case it's the face. If I am clean shaved I look like I'm 15.

And about accents, I can't do them but would like to know how to do a Scottish accent.

Hypocrates

shampain
Years
I can only do an English accent properly. And a very stereotypical American accent pretty terribly.

I usually get mistaken for fifteen or sometimes even sixteen. It's probably because of my height, but it really doesn't bother me. My voice is also kind of deep for my age so that's probably a contributing factor as well.

Years
There's really no such thing as an American accent, tbh.. each accent and dialect here in the US is very localized in some areas to widespread in others it just varies. xD

Also, people tell me I look older whenever I get my hair cut. I had gotten my hair cut earlier this year one time and after the haircut I shaved any facial hair I had. People thought I looked older. o_O

Years
Actually there is such thing as an American accent. It's any one of those localised accents you just referred to.

There also isn't one central standard speaking accent. Although I find that Australian accents in movies are odd if they aren't playing some sort of stereotype, which is odd for an Australian I think.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
When I hear Australian accents it sounds a lot (to me) like New Zealand accents, so I get confused and easily fooled by a Aussie trying to be a Kiwi. LOL

American accents, are my favorite. I love listening to American speech it sounds so gorgeous

Years
Actually there is such thing as an American accent. It's any one of those localised accents you just referred to.
That's probably from the perspective of someone who isn't native to America, then. There is no set "American accent" like there is a Britsh accent, Indian accent, or Australian accent. Over here, no accent is ever referred to as an "American accent", you either have like a Southern accent, a northern accent, a New York accent, etc..

You all could probably say the same about your countries, though. I guess stereotypes play a major role in accent imitation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back