• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon L.I.F.E (Card Version)

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Is the map supposed to be glitched out to start with? I just want to know if I don't have to be fighting this.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Wow, those are pretty cool screenshots! I like it, and am jealous of the item drops after a battle *^ *
good luck, everything's getting better and better!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Is the map supposed to be glitched out to start with? I just want to know if I don't have to be fighting this.

I don't quite know what you mean?
V1 has many bugs, that was the reason for that version to be released, so people could find them and I can fix them... So if you find something that's out of the ordinary, let me know so I can take a look, or maybe at least say, that it's been fix for the next release.

Wow, those are pretty cool screenshots! I like it, and am jealous of the item drops after a battle *^ *
good luck, everything's getting better and better!

Lol, thanks... I've always been fond of the card drops in FF8, so I made it my goal to make that a feature in my game... At the moment though, the drop is a standard drop rate for every Pokémon, I'm thinking about changing it to more common, the rarer a Pokémon is... But it won't matter too much because you could probably just win rare cards off NPC's.

When you have Triad cards, it will appear in the Pause Menu, which you can click, and a list of Triads you own, will show.
s8pt.png

Left side of the screen: Shows you the rank of the card, what cards you own and how many.
Center of the screen: Shows you what your card will look like, plus stats.
Right side of the screen: Shows Triads, in the Pause Menu.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I don't quite know what you mean?
V1 has many bugs, that was the reason for that version to be released, so people could find them and I can fix them... So if you find something that's out of the ordinary, let me know so I can take a look, or maybe at least say, that it's been fix for the next release.

Lol, thanks... I've always been fond of the card drops in FF8, so I made it my goal to make that a feature in my game... At the moment though, the drop is a standard drop rate for every Pokémon, I'm thinking about changing it to more common, the rarer a Pokémon is... But it won't matter too much because you could probably just win rare cards off NPC's.

When you have Triad cards, it will appear in the Pause Menu, which you can click, and a list of Triads you own, will show.
s8pt.png

Left side of the screen: Shows you the rank of the card, what cards you own and how many.
Center of the screen: Shows you what your card will look like, plus stats.
Right side of the screen: Shows Triads, in the Pause Menu.
is there ones for every pokemon? would it mean that some people may want to defeat legendary pokemon in hopes of getting legendary triads? or are the cards random? (I thought the drop was the card of the defeated pokemon but I may be wrong)

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
No, you're right, the card dropped IS the defeated Pokémon.

I'll show you a sneak peak at my new cards ;)
3016.png

You see the ranks before these ones... The ranks go from 1-A/P for all cards.

If you want a specific card, it will be available to you... And there are multiple ways to collect them... Legendary cards however, you will acquire these, somewhat, differently from the basic monsters.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
I downloaded your game and what i noticed is that the maps seemed to be glitched, laying over each other, and i cannot see where i am going. I've gotten up to get a free butterfree but i cannot see where i am going because of other maps are being shown on the screen and not the one i am currently on.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I downloaded your game and what i noticed is that the maps seemed to be glitched, laying over each other, and i cannot see where i am going. I've gotten up to get a free butterfree but i cannot see where i am going because of other maps are being shown on the screen and not the one i am currently on.

I can't say I can replicate this... Maybe re-download it... Nobody has mentioned this problem before.
Does it kick up some lag before you go on to Route 01? Can you get Butterfree before the maps overlap?

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
That the exact problem I had. A rocky map overlays on top of the opening cutscene for me and it only gets worse afterward.

I thought it was part of the modernistesque story presentation.

aw82lJb.png

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Oooh, thanks Lauerolus, I know about this problem, I guess you downloaded the first one, this has been fixed with the new version, I'll remove the older download and will release the new version this week.

Would've been nice to know some of you are experiencing this... Some of the guys have and the problem was sorted, but I'm pretty sure it's the version of connections.txt, since when I save VIA editor.exe, all the PBS files mess up, mainly just connections and encounters though.

So this is my third attempt to post this message >:(
Anyway, V1 had many errors, some visible, some not, so here is V1.1.
PLEASE: Start a new game to make sure all past bugs and errors are removed.

Report any new bugs or errors or if any are still occurring.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Seriously, we have to sign up on a site to download the game? I was gonna download it, but now not so much.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Seriously, we have to sign up on a site to download the game? I was gonna download it, but now not so much.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything... Thanks for your support though... I'll remember that when I make free scripts for you to use.

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
at first I thought he meant like signing up for a download site - I refuse to do that for anyone and everyone; when I saw it was your own site, I decided to wait til I have time - I'll try it out later today and fill you in on whats up

says it appears to be malicious >.>

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
at first I thought he meant like signing up for a download site - I refuse to do that for anyone and everyone; when I saw it was your own site, I decided to wait til I have time - I'll try it out later today and fill you in on whats up

says it appears to be malicious >.>

That's because the Game.exe, is a .exe file, I assure you, there is nothing wrong with it.
o5dz.png

co3q.png

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Well for some silly reason my game or RPG Maker is having a mare and wants to give me an error that Google doesn't even know:
So Unfortunately progression has ceased until I can either find a decrypter for my game or someone can help me with this error, it's mad me a little annoyed (the words I wanna use are frowned upon) but there's nothing I can do really! Sorry.
Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

So I fixed the problem myself, so I will continue, yay for me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
So I downloaded the new v1.1 and started a new game. I'm still getting the same problem as before shown in lauerolus' previous post.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I just downloaded it 2 times, both I can play with no problems... I don't understand... I'm not sure if it's just you 2 or others aswell, since my friends around here can play with no problems either.

When I originally got that problem it was because the connections.txt was repeated but with different names and where the connections sat, thanks to the editor.exe... But it should all be fine now, it is for me.

I'll download a 3rd time using another computer and see if it may be a system or computer problem, the other computer I will use is much slower than this one, the download time will be worse than it already is... But I will come back and let you know if the problem is there then.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
the problem happened with me too - its game breaking, I cant even play I have no idea where I am or where I'm going, and its just as bad inside the houses - also if you enter in your age and you say "no wait im lying" it still says "great" and then moves on - same thing happens if you say you're 00 age
theres also a lot - A LOT of black everywhere

also your player sprites could use a lot of work

**if it helps, I played it in the 256x192 format and it appears to be working

Last edited:
Back