• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Epic

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2019
some ideas that poped up in my head:

1) at the end of the game after you beaten the champion there will be a seacret room where you Battle all the developors themselves (us) they will be much harder than the champ.

2) easter eggs and hidden messages (whats a game without that)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I don't know guys. I think Fenne-kun hasn't been posting in this thread for some time, so we can only assume that everyone likes the idea of hero turning evil. Windjungj is another storyliner, so let's hatch up a good plot already!

Game Developers battle idea is so easy; you just don't know it.
And Easter Eggs and Hidden Messages is a yes-yes, although what's more challenging is to MAKE the puzzles themselves.

New Order:
To prove that you're still working with us, shout "XXX reporting!" to the team. That way we can sort out who is active and who is inactive.

★Hoenn★ reporting!

Incisor

[ Straight Edge ]
Years
some ideas that poped up in my head:

1) at the end of the game after you beaten the champion there will be a seacret room where you Battle all the developors themselves (us) they will be much harder than the champ.

Nice Idea so everyone can choose his favourite Team ... that would be awesome ^^

( Incisor Reporting :P )

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I would like to ask, what is the progress so far, Ride The Yoshi? And it looks like Acecaldwell has been inactive for the past four days, so we'll have to leave most of the decisions intact until he comes back. Remember, he's the leader, not me, people!

Years
I would like to join
Nickname: VPZeek
Skill(s): Scripting, Pokemon-trainer spriting
Proof of Work: I'm new but have used many tools and scripting just easy
Experience: about two years of self learning and practice
Are you on any other teams:none. if i join ill give full attention on work.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Great! Done! You're in! Would you show some examples of your trainer spriting? Not for proof, but so that I could give you some tips? (Make this a VM or PM)

Incisor

[ Straight Edge ]
Years
Hoenn ... who exactly is in our team now ? we need a structure because i dont think this project will end up good if we don't have one ....

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
You need to sort up the work for everyone. I am confused on if we keep Fenne-kun's story or not.
JNathan reporting.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2019
my idea will definetly not be hard to script

for now im going to let ride the yoshi do the first maps while I work up consept maps in my notebook.

I did not get a ips patch yet. do we have any progress so far? I dont belive i can start doing good maps until we get someone who can do custom tiles

as for fenne-kun's story, i am quite skeptical with this contriversial idea of the player being evil.
(I would like you to close your eyes and think of someone like niko bellic or cj from GTA in a pokemon game...)

*****Pepster98 Reporting*****

Ride The Yoshi

~ Diversity is the key ~
Years
I've been at work on a few maps. Before finalizing them, I'd like to know if the region has a tropical climate and basic feel or is more temperate. It will help me make any last minute changes.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Fine guys, I'm gonna sustain some order here.

The Team (as of the time I posted this) :

★Acecaldwell01 (Ace) : Leader, All-around
★JNathan : Storyline
★Pepster98 : Mapper, Storyline, Minor in Music, Graphics
★Windjungj : Storyline
★Fenne-kun : Music, Storyline (Offline for a while)
★Nintendork15 (Varion) : Graphics, OW inserting (Offline for a while)
★Ride The Yoshi : Mapper
★Incisor : Mapping, Scripting
★Blazikenboy (VPZeek) : Scripting, Trainer Spriting
★★Hoenn★ (Hoenn) : Co-leader, Sprite Inserter, Spriter

Ride The Yoshi, please make it tropical.

The Storyline

This is controversial. I would like to respect Fenne-kun's first original idea, so I'm calling a vote. You all should say if you want his story or not, since this is democracy. Then we'll decide.

What you guys should work on:

Until Ace comes back, mind you I'm not gonna let us be chaos.

★JNathan : You are to be waiting until the vote is finished. Until then, make up the names of the towns, names of the characters, Gyms and Gym Leasders, etc.

★Pepster98 : Yes, make your concept maps.

★Ride The Yoshi : PM me your maps after making them.

★Incisor : You, also, should wait.

★VPZeek : You are to try making some trainer sprites for hero etc. on courtesy of Page 2. That has Ace's trainers.

★As of myself, I too will wait for the concept maps and vote.

Hope that sorted things out!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2019
I am waiting on ride the yoshi for (some) tile maps.

in the mean time I have composed a small melody for one of the towns (NOTE: IT IS NOT THE FINAL SONG. JUST A BASIC MELODY WITHOUT A BEAT.)

Nobody posted in awile so i might as well post :)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Yes, I'm starting to like the fact that our group is starting to bud out to other fields as well. WHERE ARE THE MAPS??!! I WANT SOME PROGRESS!!! Else, everyone goes to the pit.

I'm gonna use Wesley FG's tiles. Also, VOTE, PEOPLE!!! VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!!!!!!

I like the rhythm you've used there. I'll advise you to make it longer (about 50 seconds) before giving the beat and music.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2019
ok can someone pm me the official tilesets so i can actually get started? that would be great.

Im going to vote against the player being evil (sorry fenne-kun)
also I think the evil team of the region should actually not be a bunch of bimbos in taky uniforms (I am leaning to more of a Gangster/Mafia type.)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Don't worry Pepster, I'll take care of everything. I'll even name down some of the stuff you shall map.

Okay, thanks for the vote xD. WHY ISN'T ANYONE ELSE POSTING??????

xD, Gangster/Mafia is not something that suits Pokémon, we all know. No, they can only be bimbos or Secret Agents(?) in tacky uniforms. There is no 'gun' concept in Pokémon as well, the only thing frightening could be Pokémon themselves. Which is why most Hacks/Games find a hard time with the villains.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I understand that you're trying to make this hack together with your team and all, but sometimes it's a good idea to have a foundation to work on. Such foundations include a solid story line, a good idea of the game you're going to hack, the first few events (I'd say up till leaving the first town), and what you want to include as features.

Right now, you're hiring a story writer to write the story for you. In an ideal case, you should already have your story done (or a generalized version of it), and have the talented writer help you develop it further/discuss possible events.

I think that's why your team's production is going slow right now. There is an internal struggle to determine what this foundation is, and such things don't come easily.
Once again, I know I'm not part of this team and it's not my place to suggest, but consider it helpful advice for the future :)

Back