• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

in the beginning there was an egg

Years
Pokemon games most always have interesting lore regarding their region's deities. Have you ever written a story around some of the mythology, or is there a legend you think is really interesting/would make a good story?

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
The fanfiction I just posted here yesterday was about Cyrus returning from the Distortion World, and his new plan to remake the universe was to use Unown to change reality--because he believed that the "thousand arms" of Arceus were actually Unown.

The Sinjoh Ruins event was an inspiration for this plot, as were these dex entries:

"It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms."

"When alone, nothing happens. However, if there are two or more, an odd power is said to emerge."

Vragon

I haven't dabbled in version making since my writing favor resides in the PMD corner, but I did have an idea once. It was two legendary dragons where one was in the earth and the other in the sun. This was more about orbit and stuff so not really lore. Especially since my lore is in my PMD stuff so.

I don't remember giving them names but I think they were more around,

Orbitar (The one in the sun)
Terorriol (The one in the earth)

A third could be from somewhere else or show up in a planetary alignment. But who knows, I might've made it come from a nearby galaxy like Andromeda.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Like ShivaDF, I've also had Arceus being partially 'completed' when being surrounded by unown. I'd wrote before that when Arceus spoke the words which created reality as we know it, it created its body and its own arms and with those arms it continued to craft the pokeverse, and then after creating the first Pokemon those arms broke apart from the feat and became the pokemon known as unown which then floated freely about the limited space, carrying out the final wishes of the god as they aided in the further creation of man and pokemon.

Bay

Years
Long ago I wrote a fic that has Sinnoh's lore become an important background as to why the main characters are in this big Da Vinci Code/National Treasure search for those Arceus plates, if that counts. Alola's lore will have some importance in Foul Play as Grimsley will be meeting Nanu and learning that region's history.

Spoiler:

Speaking of Alola, I thought some stuff concerning its monarchy sounds cool, considering Hawaii used to have that system too before becoming one of the States.

(I noticed several of us mentioned Sinnoh lol).

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
When I still wrote Pokemon fanfiction, the big focus of my stories was about the towers in Ecruteak City. I loved the story about Ho-Oh and Lugia living in the two towers, and the war that caused one tower to burn down, which forced Lugia to hide away and Ho-Oh to create the three legendary beasts. That whole story was my favorite part of Pokemon mythology. Probably because Lugia and Suicune were my favorite legendary Pokemon.

That whole lore was the basis for the fic, where two trainers head out to look for Lugia. Along the way, one of the trainers becomes chosen by Ho-Oh, even though the trainer made a terrible mistake during his journey. The fic's plot itself was a huge mess (it went through several rewrites), but I always did want to explore more about the two tower Pokemon.

Right now, I still have one Pokemon fic on the back burner. It involves the Unova legendaries, particularly the Swords of Justice: Cobalion, Terrakion, Verizion, and Keldeo. Again, the war that they took part in interests me. But I haven't read up on that as much as I did for the Johto stories. The fic that I have planned that involves those four hasn't gotten much thought besides three of the characters, so I don't know how involved this all gets.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Honestly, I have been trying to figure out this post for like three days and I'm actually mentally tired about it so sorry if it feels like some things are disconnected. Please Understand™.

I admittedly have written a lot about mythology for my interpretation of the Pokémon world, in particular for WBJ; but I have not written using the mythology. It is one thing I should be hoping to solve sometime. There's just too much good stuff. Closest thing would be that I wrote Playfield projecting some IRL mythology and folklore onto Eltenios (Arcanine) and Berecien (Rapidash).

I see we tend to share similar thoughts about the whole Arceus-Unown relationship and we go places with that. That's wonderful, tying together a Legendary with a "gimmick" Pokémon. My theories about that pretty muc go similar to everyone else's - that Arceus had to use the Unown as a sort of power to create (parts of?) the universe. In my case unlike aeternum's, however, Arceus was already complete by itself; however he lacked the ability to describe the universe in its state of chaos, and as such created a language which would give him control over anything material or not; the Unown would be the glyphs that he used to express concepts and ideas, but as back then he and the Sextet were the only creatures existing, there were very few ideas or desires, and thus very few Unown to be chained to attain great reality-warping power.
I would love to see more of us authors' thoughts and plans about Arceus-Unown and compare notes~

And then there's the Ho-Oh Lugia relationship. As in Astinus' case they are among my favourites, and my interpretation of the whole stuff about the Towers, the war and the two birbs leaving ended up being a fundamental component of my setting's lore in what pertains to human-Pokémon relationships I've been meaning to write about that sometime, but I have enough projects in the backburner as it is, so in the meta it remains for now.

Anyway, there's lots of good stuff. Many interesting flavour texts that give potential to write stories. My favourite "question to fill" is that machine in Movie 5 that is able to interact with and drain energy from a Latios and or their Soul Dew. The idea that the three Muskedeer used to go around attacking human settlements is of interest as well, and much can be built about it considering they themselves call their special moves "Swords". The existence of Darkrai and Cresselia also becomes far more alluring when you take into consideration the Dream World. And finally, what about the Original Dragon, and the relationship between Kyurem and the other two Taos? Lots of food for thought there.

Darn, lots of too much good stuff.

Back