• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✜// CHECKMATE (OOC)

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Haha, sorry. I have band camp these next few weeks, so I may be a little tied up. I will definately post by tomorrow (in the morning sometime), my day off from band. I might be able too squeeze it in this morning, but I have to leave in a few hours.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
As long as it's just a bit of temporary lack of time, It's completely understandable and you shouldn't post until you feel like you have time to sit down and concentrate ;D

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Edit: i hope nobody finds it difficult to post now. I would recommend for client players to put stuff in their sylladex (5 things) and keep talking to their servers and for server players to either go will trying to build stuff or ask your mysterious new chum for advice. And do deploy those machines...
I'm sort of just waiting for other people to post before I post again, although I guess I could post today if you'd like me to… I kind of already know what I'm going to do.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Hopefully I'll get a post up by the next hour or the morning.~ I managed to get an idea of what my post will be made up of.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Okay, posted!

Sorry if Its a little sloppy\short, but I didn't want to get too far into things without really knowing what will happen.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Finally someone deployed the most important machine ;D

EDIT: Otherworld9) showed a good way of getting your items back out form the Sylladex! My thought is that eventually, the characters will become so accustomed to "thinking things out" from it, so they only have to touch the pendant and the wallet will appear and throw out the right card and item just by the command of a thought. But you'll still have to pick out a card manually in order to store a new thing.

Also, I updated the FP (first post) in the IC thread. We'll see for how long I can keep up with it xD

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
I posted.

As soon as Gavin's not in sight, stuff's getting deployed! :D

EDIT:
EDIT: Otherworld9) showed a good way of getting your items back out form the Sylladex! My thought is that eventually, the characters will become so accustomed to "thinking things out" from it, so they only have to touch the pendant and the wallet will appear and throw out the right card and item just by the command of a thought. But you'll still have to pick out a card manually in order to store a new thing.
Oh. Good! So we don't have to deal with impossible to use Sylladex Modi? I was already dreading having to use something like Dirk's. x(

EDIT2: Do we need to have a juju?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
what is a juju lol

The only bell that rings when I hear that is if you mean like Li'l Cal and Bec and Nanna - a guardian... who might become a sprite. Is that a juju?

EDIT: Hahaha! Awesome use of the server player powers, drunk xD Server players can move around stuff in the client player's house and in some range around it. Now, to write out Gavin's reaction...

For you who have read Homestuck, the server player's radius won't depend on where the player is, in Checkmate. Instead the server can do stuff all around the house at any time.

Oh, I forgot to answer about the sylladex. No, no silly modi. I don't see a practical necessity for that in the RP xD The pendants on the chain de-abstract the sylladex in a good enough way... I hope.

EDIT2: why aren't we allowed to double/triple/multipost xD Retro Bug! If you want to control Gavin, I can erase my last post. Just say so. I posted before I realized that I had given you guys control over your family for now.

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014

Also, I updated the FP (first post) in the IC thread. We'll see for how long I can keep up with it xD

Oh really? That's good. I was afraid I probably did it wrong somehow. ^^;

Oh, I forgot to answer about the sylladex. No, no silly modi. I don't see a practical necessity for that in the RP xD The pendants on the chain de-abstract the sylladex in a good enough way... I hope.

I was getting worried there. xD Like drunk said, Dave's would be a mess, but hilarious.

As for the update, that will help me a ton once I get posting. That way I can just look there instead of reading on my past posts. =P I had to add Mr. Fluffy. I just had to.

As for the Sprites, since we are getting close, I suppose any kind is allowed? Or do you have it planned? I can imagine one of us randomly making an object fall there, like Dave's dead bird.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
The way I'm thinking now... You can prototype with anything. You choose! And either one or two before the hatching.

But, hm, for RPing (and actually canon) reasons, at least ONE of the two things you prototype with should be some kind of... well, something that is/has been/resembles a living thing. Because if you prototype with a toy boat and a comb, the sprite won't really be useful XDD

I hope this doesn't sound like too much greeknadabingbong for Retro Bug and Evan ;; But it's good if you follow what I bolded above when you get there. And that'll hopefully be soon.

And to drunk and Otherworld - I don't want to explain everything before we get there in the games, because I'd like to try and keep some of that wonderful feeling Homestuck gives when you read it for the first time - that the game and world grows and grows... :3

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Im not going to lie, you guys lost me at sprites. What do sprites do in Homestuck? How do you get them/why would we pick a certain one over another?

And what of this prototype business?

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
And to drunk and Otherworld - I don't want to explain everything before we get there in the games, because I'd like to try and keep some of that wonderful feeling Homestuck gives when you read it for the first time - that the game and world grows and grows... :3
Yeah, I feel you.
Spoiler:

Anyways, I guess now I just have to wait for Retro Bug to decide what happens with Gavin, although I'm pretty sure that if it's left up to Ricardo he's going to be stuck in the bathroom for a while… xD

PS: Do you guys like my new avatar/title/location/siggie??? :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Im not going to lie, you guys lost me at sprites. What do sprites do in Homestuck? How do you get them/why would we pick a certain one over another?

And what of this prototype business?

Don't worry, I'll make sure to explain when we get there. Probably through velociClamper ^^

... derp ok click the spoiler for sprite / prototype info. IF YOU REALLY CAN'T KEEP YOURSELF FROM BEING SURPRISED ;_; :D

Spoiler:

@ drunk - Hahahhaa stuck in the bathroom... such a good plan. Let's see what Retro says about my post first ._. Also, nice signature! I feel it's time to change mine too...

Spoiler:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Woah, nice ideas we all have =P I get you though, Red, I prefer them to be surprises. ;3

Haha, yeah, I have one idea to use for the sprite, but for now, I'll wait until I'm right there at the RP to think about it. xD

@drunk - I like Roxy Lalonde, so it's all good~ Lol, it must be very delicious xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
what is a juju lol
EDIT2: why aren't we allowed to double/triple/multipost xD Retro Bug! If you want to control Gavin, I can erase my last post. Just say so. I posted before I realized that I had given you guys control over your family for now.

No worries you can control him! I'd rather you do it then me.

Now to catch up and write up my post. Yay!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Sounds good, Otherworld.

Retro, ok :3 Right now it's up to Ricardo/drunk where he ends up though xD bathroom, come on!
And for the smoothness of playing, I'd say drunk is allowed to bunny Gavin for now. Is that ok with you, Retro?

@Everyone - when you are done writing a post, read through it an extra time before posting. I notice some of you having trouble staying with a single tense through a post (some start in present then switch to past and then back) and some have trouble staying with the 2nd person view and slip over to 3rd person from time to time.

You can change between posts, of course, so if you one day feel like writing a 3rd person post and then the next day do a 2nd (or even 1st!) person post, go ahead. But within one post, stay with one style of writing! I'm using 2nd person present tense since I'm more or less talking directly to your character. Like in the OOC-like IC post to Vieve just now xD
Thank you :3

@ Otherworld - and I love your sig, but this is Eridan's best quote, I think:
It's hard. Being a kid and growing up. It's hard and nobody understands.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Just posted. :)

It's time we sped this up though! In the words of a very wise (although likely bipolar person(?)):
"DAMN I HATE THE BEGINNING OF THIS GAME"

… ok, I don't, but I like the middle part better :D!

PS:
@Red: If I decided to try my hand at speculating our characters' roles, this probably would be the place to do it right? To avoid spoilers and such…

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Sounds good, Otherworld.

Retro, ok :3 Right now it's up to Ricardo/drunk where he ends up though xD bathroom, come on!
And for the smoothness of playing, I'd say drunk is allowed to bunny Gavin for now. Is that ok with you, Retro?

@Everyone - when you are done writing a post, read through it an extra time before posting. I notice some of you having trouble staying with a single tense through a post (some start in present then switch to past and then back) and some have trouble staying with the 2nd person view and slip over to 3rd person from time to time.

You can change between posts, of course, so if you one day feel like writing a 3rd person post and then the next day do a 2nd (or even 1st!) person post, go ahead. But within one post, stay with one style of writing! I'm using 2nd person present tense since I'm more or less talking directly to your character. Like in the OOC-like IC post to Vieve just now xD
Thank you :3

@ Otherworld - and I love your sig, but this is Eridan's best quote, I think:
It's hard. Being a kid and growing up. It's hard and nobody understands.

Gaah. The tense thing is totally me I'll try to be more aware of it when I'm posting from now on. x; And, :p anyone with a reason to bunnying Gavin can do so.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@ drunk - Ok that's enough of bunnying Gavin though, no more lol xD

I'm quite content with the rate of posting in the IC so far. I don't demand that you post every day, even though it's nice. Some days you don't have time and other days you simply don't feel like posting in a certain RP for whatever reason. At least I can can feel like that sometimes. I'm just posting as soon as I can in Checkmate now because I don't have any other RP to post in :3

About roles and aspects, I won't be using the canon descriptions of them, because some are just so foggy and strange and not fitting for RPing without giving the characters godmodding powers or letting them know stuff that I don't want players to have control over.

If you want to speculate or talk about this more, put in spoilers :3 Evan and Retro will likely click them anyways xD but just so they're warned that the things inside might not make every bit of sense to them... yet! Eventually inside the game, it will start to matter. But not for now.

Back