• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Temporarily taking away the player's Pokemon?

Guest123123

For my Battle Frontier, there are two facilities where players won't be battling with their Pokemon (one in which battles won't be done with Pokemon at all).

From the "Manipulating Pokemon" page on the Essentials wiki, I learned the scripts used to delete Pokemon from the player's party. But I wasn't able to find ones to use to temporarily take away the player's Pokemon and to give them back later. I assume that something like it exists since Pyrite does this when Silver is sent to the past, and Apex does this when it switches perspectives from the player to a different character. But I haven't been able to find or locate these scripts.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
That's because it's not a built in feature.
Fortunately, I've done it before!
I know for a fact it works on v16.2, and I don't think v17+ changes anything that would break this script.
Mind you, there's the limtation that switching parties causes you to lose what ever is in Party2 when you switch back to the original party (wasn't a requirement at the time).
If I look on the wiki forums, there should be a version with slightly more features, but I don't remember if I still have it.
EDIT: Scratch that, It was just a way to have more than one set of parties and the code sucks. For the sake of it though
Code:
def takeParty(party=2)
  case party
  when 2
     @party2 = @party
  when 3
     @party3 = @party
  end
  @party = []
end

def giveParty(party=2)
  case party