• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Metal (Update - Gen 6+more!)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 20, 2014
Nice work I started the game and I've just got the 6th badge and I like it so far

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Thank you guys for your comments :) I'm really glad you like the game!

As far as the music goes, I plan on changing it in the future. I want to make custom soundtracks for all the gym leaders (In the style of the musicians they're based on), so I can change the battle theme for standard Pokemon battles. But I'm afraid that'll have to wait until I acquire proper recording equipment.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Thank you guys for your comments :) I'm really glad you like the game!

As far as the music goes, I plan on changing it in the future. I want to make custom soundtracks for all the gym leaders (In the style of the musicians they're based on), so I can change the battle theme for standard Pokemon battles. But I'm afraid that'll have to wait until I acquire proper recording equipment.

Thats cool just take your time. I can wait for that easilly. Music stuff is harder than most parts about a game I would thing, due to the necessary recording stuff and everything. Seeing a number of MIDI animations on youtube I can see how tricky it is to get the right sound channel to make the right note for a composition.

My real biggest gripe comes from the battle animations, as all the moves tend to be missing their moves or they're badly-rendered or off focus, it's pretty distracting in a way. But others I've spoken to on another RPG game maker pokemon game told me that while the issue of the moves having bad placement is fixable it's apparently kinda tricky. As such its nothing I can really complain about especially since the visuals for the moves are pretty impressive so its hard enough to really make them work I would suppose.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 19, 2014
This looks an amazing game, but could you put the .gba file up for download so I can play it on my mobile device? Thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
This looks an amazing game, but could you put the .gba file up for download so I can play it on my mobile device? Thanks!

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this isn't a ROM hack. This game was developed using RPG Maker XP & Pokemon Essentials starter kit, and can only be played on a PC. Sorry :\

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
Hi, great hack from what I've seen so far. I have the 4th badge and am attempting to go through the desert on route 11. However the guard house looking thing wont let me enter, not sure if that is a bug or not. Am I supposed to go somewhere else for the 5th badge or an event I have to unlock??
After getting strength I also went back to MT frost and put the 2 boulders in the proper place so I could explore more. I went to the top but the entrance leading outside wont let me pass through either so I just went back down. Was that also a bug or need an ingame trigger? Please HELP!!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
^I am also having this problem in both mt frost and route 11 desert where there is a hole for a door, but i can't go through it

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Yes, those are both bugs, but I'm pretty sure I've fixed them with one of the last updates. I'm not sure what version you're playing, but doesn't matter. To be sure, I've uploaded the latest version, where the bugs are definitely fixed. Download link in OP. I'm terribly sorry for all the inconvenience.

EDIT: I have now completed a major update in the game. The big one is - I added Mega Evolution! Now, I haven't included all the Mega Evolutions that were present in X & Y. The reason for that is I couldn't find the fitting sprites. Maybe in the future... anything's possible! Some Mega Stones are hard to find, others are easy, some are rewards for quests, etc.

Aside from that, I have added the offline Wonder Trade feature created by Black Eternity.

Spoiler:

Much more quests have also been added into the game! Bugs, typos and grammatical errors have been fixed!

NEXT UPDATE: For my next update, I plan on adding the other Mega Evolutions, some fake Mega Evolutions, Fakemon, more off-region islands, maybe even a new, small region. However, for most of this, I need a spriter. If anyone has some free time, spriting skills and is interested in helping out, shoot me a PM. Thank you!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
Not to sound like a noob, but how would I update to the current version while keeping my progress? Do I just download or should I install somewhere specific?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Not to sound like a noob, but how would I update to the current version while keeping my progress? Do I just download or should I install somewhere specific?

Just download it and play :) The save file is stored in C:\Users\User\Saved Games, and it works for every version you download. Let me know if you run into any troubles.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
So I'm at Thrill city (5 badges) the route that has the powerplant; 15 I believe has no wild pokemon in the big grass.
I flew to Laniston city to talk to bill about the wonder trade thing but he said to come back later so is it a post-league thing?
1 question; where may I catch an Elekid or Electabuzz?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
So I'm at Thrill city (5 badges) the route that has the powerplant; 15 I believe has no wild pokemon in the big grass.
I flew to Laniston city to talk to bill about the wonder trade thing but he said to come back later so is it a post-league thing?
1 question; where may I catch an Elekid or Electabuzz?

The encounters for Route 15 are defined, and wild Pokemon should appear in the tall grass. If you're talking about the really, really tall grass, I believe I've turned encounters off in it.

Wonder Trade isn't a post-league thing. Just walk out of Bills house, walk back in, and talk to him again. That's "later" for Pokemon games xD

You can catch Elekid in the Rainbow Safari Zone.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
ooh adding fakemon and custom fake mega evos for current ones? If that's the case adding one for either Pikachu or Raichu would be great, though more realistically Raichu since Pikachu already has Light Ball as a pokemon-specific item.

As far as fakemon go, it never hurts to ask other makers if you can have permission for fakemon from their games, there's a few interesting ones I saw in a 4chan pokemon essentials fangame called Pokemon Sage. Of course that may be a no-go regardless.

I can offer ideas for your game's fakemon though if you'd like. I can actually showcase some great suggestions for fossil pokemon to start.

fossil fakemon 1

Spoiler:

fossil fakemon 2

Spoiler:

fossil fakemon 3

Spoiler:

Those are three ideas for possible fossil pokemon I have right now to use as inspiration for some fakemon. Who knows one might even inspire a mega evolution like the official one for Aerodactyl.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
The encounters for Route 15 are defined, and wild Pokemon should appear in the tall grass. If you're talking about the really, really tall grass, I believe I've turned encounters off in it.

Wonder Trade isn't a post-league thing. Just walk out of Bills house, walk back in, and talk to him again. That's "later" for Pokemon games xD

You can catch Elekid in the Rainbow Safari Zone.

What do you mean the encounters for Route 15 are defined? The only tall grass I see on that route is the really tall grass. According to the pokedex Route 15 is where I can catch an Electabuzz but I can't because there are no wild pokemon :'(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
ooh adding fakemon and custom fake mega evos for current ones? If that's the case adding one for either Pikachu or Raichu would be great, though more realistically Raichu since Pikachu already has Light Ball as a pokemon-specific item.

As far as fakemon go, it never hurts to ask other makers if you can have permission for fakemon from their games, there's a few interesting ones I saw in a 4chan pokemon essentials fangame called Pokemon Sage. Of course that may be a no-go regardless.

I can offer ideas for your game's fakemon though if you'd like. I can actually showcase some great suggestions for fossil pokemon to start.

fossil fakemon 1

Spoiler:

fossil fakemon 2

Spoiler:

fossil fakemon 3

Spoiler:

Those are three ideas for possible fossil pokemon I have right now to use as inspiration for some fakemon. Who knows one might even inspire a mega evolution like the official one for Aerodactyl.
Those are some nice ideas. However, there are more than enough Water Pokemon in the series. If I were to add Fakemon, I'd start with some other types, some that are scarce, or lack really good Pokemon (design-wise & strength-wise). But then again, the more Fakemon, the better. My only problem is acquiring the sprites. As I said before, I really, really can't draw. Anything I try to do turns into a disaster xD If any spriter is interested in having their Fakemon in a fangame, they should contact me. I'd also like sprites for fake Megas, like Mega Zoroark, Mega Mismagius, Mega Dragonite, etc.

Adding a new region would be tough. Since all Pokemon can already be found in the first region, what I'd do is move some of them to the second region, move some legendaries, add 6th gen and Fakemon. It's a lot of work, so I'm afraid an update like that is gonna have to wait a long time.

What do you mean the encounters for Route 15 are defined? The only tall grass I see on that route is the really tall grass. According to the pokedex Route 15 is where I can catch an Electabuzz but I can't because there are no wild pokemon :'(

Wow, there really isn't :\ Okay, I've uploaded a version where encounters occur in the really tall grass (Like the one on Route 15).

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Yeah on the matter of the fossil pokemon, that was why I mentioned making the mosasaur idea a dragon type rather than water, but I see your point. A Smilodon would be awesome though, the only official pokemon that bears resemblance to that is Raikou. A fossil pokemon based on a smilodon one can end up being pure rock or perhaps rock/normal or rock/dark since cat pokemon have usually always been normal like Meowth and Skitty or dark when we factor Purrloin.

But yeah I'll hold off on ideas until after you find an artist to help. I'd do it myself but I don't have a scanner and photoshop on this computer sadly.

BTW I appear to be stuck, I got Rock Smash and my second badge, am I supposed to go through the cavern after the large beach and hotel??? If so I think I made a wrong turn as I wound up back in the Aura Cavern while exploring it. I did see this Aggron but I know for a fact that it'd be stupid to consider touching that thing. Am I supposed to attempt to fight the Aggron?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
BTW I appear to be stuck, I got Rock Smash and my second badge, am I supposed to go through the cavern after the large beach and hotel??? If so I think I made a wrong turn as I wound up back in the Aura Cavern while exploring it. I did see this Aggron but I know for a fact that it'd be stupid to consider touching that thing. Am I supposed to attempt to fight the Aggron?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
Thank you! Got my Electabuzz :D
Out of curiosity where can we get the mega ring to mega evolve?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Thank you! Got my Electabuzz :D
Out of curiosity where can we get the mega ring to mega evolve?

Spoiler:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Thanks for that tip, part of me felt I could just go onward but I thought the cave was the way to the next town lol. Oh well I know where to find Gible after having made that unnecessary detour and I caught a Seedot for the road as well.

Just so I know are ability capsules in this game? or is everything that's in this game up to gen 5 only? I figured I'd ask since with mega evolution and all I figured ability capsules may also be a thing and those can end up being very helpful even if they're found only post-game.

EDIT: Oh I almost forgot to mention this, why not add some fake versions of some of the mega evolutions from omega ruby and alpha sapphire? I would love Mega Steelix or Mega Glalie, or even Mega Pidgeot. hough depending on circumstances that could reuire move tutors and I have no idea if theres move tutors in this game, since Pidgeot as a special sweeper would need Heat Wave.

Back