Deleting Save Data?

Started by Reuncario April 10th, 2014 4:39 PM
  • 3 replies
Male
Seen November 10th, 2014
Posted September 6th, 2014
14 posts
5.3 Years
This is probably a dumb question, but how do you delete the current save data on your game without starting a new game and overwriting it? (I assume it involves manipulating a file, but I don't know which one it is) If I make a demo of my game, I don't really want people to start from the continue point I made while testing out the game...

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looking for helpers! If you want to help, PM me!

Male
Bay Area, California
Seen June 28th, 2016
Posted June 15th, 2016
283 posts
6.9 Years
If you go to the C: drive, then go under users, and hit your username, then go to save games, you should fine a folder with your games name. In that there should be a .rxdata file. Delete that to delete the current save data.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

England
Seen October 27th, 2018
Posted September 1st, 2018
5,178 posts
11.4 Years
You can also start up the game (the game proper, not via RMXP), and hold Ctrl+X+Down at the title screen (the one with the flashing "Press Enter") to delete the save file.

Any existing save file is not included when you compress your game data. You don't need to worry about your playtesters getting your save file, unless they're using the same computer as you.
Go to the Essentials Docs Wiki

Essentials Docs Wiki

Follow me on Twitter: @maruno42

Advertiser Content