• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Superpowered Acrobatic Hypersonic Extreme Battle Bowling: Ball Stars! [OOC]

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
For me: it's not happening.

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
Oops, sorry! I guess the holidays was too much for me and I got sidetracked. I'm going to finish up my app by tomorrow!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 11, 2018
looked it over again and with a little revision here we go~

Name:
Keiko Amagi

Nationality: Half Japanese, half Irish. She grew up in japan

Personality:
Keiko is loud and has been accused of being slightly obnoxious on more than one occasion. She has a bad habit of warming up to others entirely too fast for anyone's good. An open book by all definitions she can and will reveal all secrets she has, not limited to her own (be careful). She also has a tendency to get carried away and show off, almost always ending up worse for wear.

Appearance:
Keiko is pretty short with short black hair that is always kept in small pony. She has thick rimmed glasses and is always found wearing a lab coat and her tennis outfit (shorts and a long sleeve striped shirt). She cuts her left sleeves off so she can properly fit her giant mechanical arm through them. I guess you could say the first thing people notice about her is the fact that one arm is at least twice as big as the other and also robotic. She always carries a messenger bag full of notes and of course her racquet and ball

Background:
growing up Keiko never knew her mother, a grand tennis player her father used to tell her. Keiko's father Peter O'langley head of the O'langley corporation is a world renowned tennis player and scientist. growing up Keiko had two things drilled into her: Engineering and Tennis. By age 8 she was a prodigy at both, winning many competitions and science fairs. At 16 she had achieved excellence in both fields and while her career paths were varied with her obviously unique and desirable skill set, she opted to join the family business (not that she really had a choice) becoming the face of the company. With that an enormous amount of pressure was put on her to be a presentable young lady, she hated it. one day while running tests on an experimental mech suit for tennis players, to bring new life to the game an unfortunate incident left her with only one arm

fearing that she would never play again she fell into a depression and didn't leave the house. It was then that she discovered the truth about her mother while cleaning up one day. in the attic she found some old bowling trophies and albums lying around revealing the shocking truth. Her mother was not a tennis player, she was a bowler... all this timer her father had lied to her. An article she found still haunts her to this day, an interview with her mother while she was pregnant with her. "one day i hope to share my passion for bowling with my son or daughter" the words were too much for Keiko, emotions she never knew even existed burst inside her She knew she had to do something. after months of work in secret she perfected her designs. One night she decided to enact her plan of revenge. Breaking into her father's lab was… well easy she worked there, and everyone knew her. Not exactly the kind of espionage feel she had hoped for, but at least she could work in peace. It took her all night but she had turned her plans into a reality, a mechanical arm to boost her swinging power the perfect racquet designed to maximise surface area efficiency and her TENIS ball the Turbo Engaged Nuclear Ignition Sphere the ultimate tennis ball. To leave a note a message of her fathers betrayal she would serve that ball right into the building destroying it (making sure to get everyone out of course).

And then she ran, she ran and never looked back finding herself in Cairo, Egypt. It was there she took up the sport of bowling to which she found a knack for immediately as if it ran in her blood. She spent her years there and after honing her craft. It was time for the big leagues.

Striker & Ball:
Keiko has a mechanical arm of her own engineering that boosts her swinging power with her racquet astronomically. With thrusters around the elbows and up until the wrists that she can control with a neural transmitter hooked into her brain. What she lacks in finesse she makes up for in power, she mostly relies on sheer power and the shock waves to topple the pins, sometimes being known to get several strikes across lanes.

Her ball is TENIS the Turbo Engaged Nuclear Ignition Sphere, a tennis ball of her own design, and while unorthodox she never fails to pull results with her handiwork. it's outfitted to be perfectly balanced giving it complete control. The nature of having a bouncy ball as her bowling ball means that she is no stranger to trying to pull off trick shots. And while these don't always work the way she planned, the results are always spectacular.

Roleplay

The river Nile bowling alley was unique in that it resided inside a pyramid, built to honour the great pharaoh Koora a great fan of the sport we have come to know as bowling. Keiko knew the owner so she frequented the joint.

"Who wants to watch me get three strikes!?" Keiko yelled as she excitedly looked into the crowd gathered behind her.

The crowd is filled with nervous mutters as they all know that when Keiko gets excited like this things always go wrong.

"No one? Fine I'll do it anyway!" Keiko gestured towards the crowd to her right to get out of the way she she lined up for a serve, she ran the scenario in her head, off the right wall off the left and into the pins…

She took a deep breath and threw the ball in the air, her left arm roared into action as the thrusters engaged. In one blur she slammed the ball into the wall and before anyone could react it had bounced off the right wall, bounced off the left and soared towards the pins. Only not quite making it, instead the ball hit above the pinsetters and rocketed back towards Keiko, managing to duck in time the ball found it's pins finally, a whole bar full of expensive bottles.

"uuuhh, put it on my tab?" she shrugged meekly as the bartender stared at her with a look on his face that could only be pure thankfulness that he was alive.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
It is the 16th cycle, day 36 524. The first day of The All-Star Bowling Tournament! Mega! In front of the bowling alley on Mount Olympus, a giant field has been built, with a nice and slippery bowling floor. Here, the qualifications will take place. Here, champions will be born.

Busses have been put on standby to allow contestants to arrive, but any mode of transport is viable. As long as you're in the bowling ring at 10:15 in the morning, you're in.

As soon as the elimination round stars, each contensant will receive 10 holographic pins that follow them, about a feet away. When all ten pins are knocked over, you'll be teleported out of the ring, and are done. Pins can only be knocked over by balls.

Rules for this round are:
- Don't leave the ring.

OOC, or how this is going to function:
Once the round has started, you'll find a giant list of names. These are contestants. During the first round, you're allowed to knock over any NPC's pins. If you knocked someone out in a post, you will be asked to post their name here, and they'll be crossed off from the list. When only 32 contestants are left, the round will end and we'll move on.

You're allowed to attach character, personality ability and look to these names. If you knock out someone anonymous, just pick a name from the list. It doesn't have to be clear IC which name maps onto which contestant.

EDIT: I probably wasn't clear, but the idea is that your characters now arrive at the arena, and move in. There a host'll take over and start it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ech

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Yo waddup, this be cancelled.

Back