Star of the show~

Age 30
Female
if i told you, it wouldn't be a secret
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
6,155 posts
15 Years
Does anyone listen to music while writing? If so, what usually helps motivate you for it? Do you just listen to random music, or do you come up with a story soundtrack to boost your inspiration and what not?

I usually come up with story soundtracks. It helps motivate and inspire me to stay on task with what I'm writing. I don't always do it, but it's not a bad idea imo.

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
3,078 posts
6.1 Years
I do! I switch between several playlists based on what I want to write. I go with metal/rock for action scenes, indie/jazz for comedy parts and so on... I even go with random playlist on Spotify sometimes.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!

At the arcade, playing DDR with Ash
Seen 57 Minutes Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
5,973 posts
14.6 Years
I usually have music going while I'm working--Celtic, jazz, and new retro wave are my main genres--just something upbeat to keep me motivated.
The Pokemon Anime Remix Project:

Pokemon Moonlight Silver--a re-imagining of Johto, without all the filler.

Pokemon Shine Diamond
--a retelling of the Shinou arc, without all the filler.

Pokemon Island Sun--a live episode by episode remix of the Alola arc as it airs, done as a collection of letters

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
19,746 posts
7.1 Years
I often have music on while I'm writing because it helps set the mood and get you into the correct headspace.

Bay

Darkinium Z

Female
Dani California
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
5,611 posts
13.1 Years
On occasion, yes. I haven't really done playlists for specific stories/genres so I usually just pull up what's currently in my music library. I tend to put music more when I'm editing than writing though as I get bored easily when I edit and the music wakes me up.

Foul Play
[Chapter Nine up!]
Advertiser Content