• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

simple changes

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
togepi293.jpg

what are some small quality of life changes that would make playing the games much more convenient?

I'd love some better tools for navigating and sorting the PC boxes. Besides gen 7 letting you skip straight to "Move Pokemon", the whole interface really hasn't changed much and it feels really clunky to use. Sorting it and keeping it sorted is a pain too, especially when the auto deposit to box system will just dump Pokémon you catch anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I wish games went back to using "X" to close all open menus at once, as was the case in Generations 5 or 6.

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
More a wish than a change I guess but I'd would love to see more Alola Forms and Mega's Returning. I do not wanna see anymore signature z-crystals. I can't believe how they think that they are that popular when everyone is screaming MEGA!!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Stop forcing me to free up a party spot for a Pokémon I'm going to store anyway. Let me just store it in my PC right off the bat.

what's crazy is that with all the changes that have happened in pokemon since the first game, the worst one was the fact that gen I is the only gen where you don't have to do this. they regressed lol.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
what's crazy is that with all the changes that have happened in pokemon since the first game, the worst one was the fact that gen I is the only gen where you don't have to do this. they regressed lol.

Only instance where that doesn't apply is the Daycare guy where you must have an open spot for you to get your Pokemon back. Otherwise, yeah so long as you have space in your PC box, any Pokemon you catch or get from NPC's is auto sent to PC. Kind of ironic that they regressed in that regard since newer generations are meant to improve, not go backwards or get worse.

Lord Flamingo

Hmm, pretzels.
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 13, 2018
I agree with the return of Mega Evolutions and the ability to skip tutorials. I mean, in GSC you can literally avoid learning how to catch a Pokémon; it'd be as easy as just displaying a box with the options "yes" or "no."

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Faster Day Care Ladies.

Plus the ability to activate running shoes when you want to (HGSS) instead of having to hold B.

Years
Skipping cutscenes for me, Gen 7 games are a pain to replay when you spend so long watching those damn cutscenes. Would surely be easy to add a skip button!

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Super small thing: the ability to change the order of moves while in battle. This was in Gen III and was removed after that. Sometimes, when my pokemon learns a new move, especialy when its a powerful stab move, I like it in the top left position, so that I can just spam A. Sometimes I forget to change it outside of battle, so having the ability to do so in battle is convenient.

Back