• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokémon Black and White’s 10th anniversary!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Happy 10th anniversary to Pokemon Black and White, whom were first released in Japan September 18th, 2010. They're the 5th generation of Pokémon games that introduced a variety of memorable characters, features, areas, and of course, new Pokémon.

pokemon-black-and-white-2-covers.png

So, in celebration, I'd like this thread to be a general discussion about the black and white games, and what they really meant to you as a whole as part of this series of Pokémon. What did you like about them? What didn't you like? Who were your favourite characters? What sort of features did you like from them? You can chat about anything related to Black and White here!

This board will also have many other Black and White related topics coming up, so please look out for those! So, what did you think of the Black and White games? Feel free to share!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Happy Birthday Black/White

Hard to believe that it's already been a decade....

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Equal with GSC in terms of awesomeness. 10 amazing years since BW release day - still remember it like it was yesterday. Always will be happy memories.

Randomly decided to watch a playthrough... then I remembered it was the 18th and I was like... good times. :) figured a BW thread would be here so logged in.

Thanks for bringing magic B&W!

Years
Ah yes, BW. It did take a little while for me to REALLY appreciate these games. But with lots of Pokémon I really loved, an epic plot, very good characters and great final battles it made for one of the best experiences in the franchise. Thank you BW (=

Years
5th Generation at the time wasn't crazy for me in comparison to 4th Generation, like I wasn't especially looking forward to it's release, and then I actually played them... and I fell in love with them. My favorite character is easily N - Absolutely amazing rival, very unique too. :)

Years
My favorite games, love them very much, it is a joyful time playing them. Everything about them is just so epic an awesome to me.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
hell yeah gen 5 yeah happy birthday babeyyyy!! i have good nostalgia w gen 5. i was in my first year college when they released in japan, which i did get a japanese copy of white. i was diagnosed w depression and anxiety at the beginning of 2011. black and white helped me through a lot. i finished my first major challenge in my japanese copy of white, which is documented in my blogs here as the hall of fame challenge. i learned how to RNG abuse and used that to get so many shinies in black. i did a lot of other challenges in my extra copies of the game too. i just did so much in gen 5 as a whole, not just the original BW. they mean a lot to me and i don't talk about them nearly as much as i should. also gave me petilil and victini, 2 of my top 5 favorite pokemon of all time even to this day. so much to celebrate w these games man.

Years
can't believe i missed this thread. long belated happy 10th bday to the last 2D pokemon game, and the end of the DS era. not as nostalgic over it as with DPPt, but it's loved regardless.

Years
Happy birthday BW!! I just bought a used copy of this a couple months ago, must have been right around the time of its 10th birthday. BW came out when I was 20 years old and was having a tumultuous (?) time in my life. I remember I bought it but I'm gonna be honest, out of every generation, BW is the most hazy for me. However I really like the idea of all new Pokemon and BW is very special because it's the last 2D Pokemon game we'll ever get---- I think I'll go play it right now. My firepig babe is waiting for me.

Back