• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OU]My team to stay [RMT]

Veristical Blaze

Musician VS. Waterpolo xD
Years
Hi all,

Another team up for rating, hope you guys can find any weak spots I didn't find, right now it does play around pretty good on Smogon's Showdown server.

091.gif

Cloyster (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Rapid Spin

065.gif

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

286.gif

Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Substitute
- Stone Edge

598.gif

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 232 HP / 24 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

472.gif

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Spd / 176 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Protect
- Ice Fang

485.gif

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Protect
- Earth Power

Thanks in advance!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Cloyster can't Shell Smash sweep and Rapid Spin at once; this would be too suicidal, as its current set has a serious case of 4-moveslot syndrome. Hydro Pump or Razor Shell is too important to give up as a secondary STAB (and give Cloyster a way to hit most Steels neutrally).

Breloom's EV spread should be 12 HP/252 Atk/244 Spe to give it a Poison Heal number (an HP stat divisible by 8)

If you're investing into Ferrothorn's Attack, take some EVs out of its Defense rather than from HP (252 HP/24 Atk/232 Def).

Gliscor needs a speedier and more defensive spread to help it take hits while outspeeding neutral base 90s (Impish nature with 248 HP/24 Def/232 Spe). It's also meant to stall out opponents, not attack directly, so Ice Fang can be dropped for Toxic.

Never, ever, significantly invest in a defensive stat unless you max out HP first, as the bulk would be too inefficient. Your current Heatran set is meant to defend, not to sweep, so Earth Power isn't really needed, and a status move can go in its place. Your EV spread should be 248 HP/252 SDef/8 Spe.

Last edited:

Veristical Blaze

Musician VS. Waterpolo xD
Years
You're right about Cloyster, was also thinking about changing that since it never is capable of using it anyway. Furthermore, I changed the EV's from Breloom but don't really understand why. Ferrothorn the same, why is it better to invest in HP then Def for him?

Gliscor will stay this way, I like him like this and gives me a way to hit the high amount of Dragons and Landorus teams in OU. It can take their Physical Attacks and finish them off 9 out of 10 times, only Multiscale Dragonite survives the first hit, if I didn't have SR up.

Changed Heatran for the good, kinda in a pinch with him since I always end up having another Heatran in front of me and wanted to be faster to counter those with Earth Power

Back