• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakala Pri

Okay, I'll try.... they're all in their twenties though and it makes them ultra scary and... old. xD But yeah, I'll give it a shot. And for safety reasons, don't bring up Miley Cyrus, Cloud Strife or anything to do with FFVII, y'hear? c:<

Charcoal92

Banned
Years
Well is both kinds of feedback aloud?

Okay, I feel that the moderators need to be more understanding to new members. I have only met one Moderator (Cinro) who is fair and kind. I don't really feel safe talking to most of them. It is just that I'm afraid they might ban me or something. It is just that they need to help out more and not look down apon us. Not being mean.

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
It is just that they need to help out more and not look down apon us. Not being mean.
This is what bothered me the most. If you've only spoken to Cirno yet, how can you know they dont help out enough, and are looking down upon the others? I spoke with multiple staff members so far, and none of them were looking down upon me and they helped me out with everything I needed. So as Hiroshi said please give some arguments for this.

Honest

Hi!
Years
You have to make an attempt to reach out to the moderators, if you want to know them, just saying. Realize that there are around 50(?) of us, but well over thousands of members. Cirno prides herself in welcoming new users, as that's the position she takes, but the rest of us don't have the time to go to every single new user and make them feel welcome. If you yourself don't take a step to at least conversate with other staff, then you can't really say that we're being superior to you, which we are not.

And to reiterate what Hiroshi said, one does not get banned for no reason. Simply read the rules, and follow the rules. Do that, and you'll be shining brighter than a diamond.

Years
You have to make an attempt to reach out to the moderators, if you want to know them, just saying. Realize that there are around 50(?) of us, but well over thousands of members. Cirno prides herself in welcoming new users, as that's the position she takes, but the rest of us don't have the time to go to every single new user and make them feel welcome. If you yourself don't take a step to at least conversate with other staff, then you can't really say that we're being superior to you, which we are not.

And to reiterate what Hiroshi said, one does not get banned for no reason. Simply read the rules, and follow the rules. Do that, and you'll be shining brighter than a diamond.

See, listen to Dipu. He knows his stuff.

But yes, Hiroshi does have a point, a member doesn't get banned for no reason. There's usually always a reason behind one's banning. We have rules like every other forum, but ours are actually quite easy to read and once you read them over and over you'll get familiar with them over time like I did. I used to not be very aware of the rules and often made mistakes, but now I'm very aware of the rules so much I now end up reporting rule-breakers which is a massive change from two years ago when I used to be a silly noob.

Cirno for example, loves helping new users out since that's part of what her section (The Welcome Lounge) involves, and I've even been getting active there in recent months and showing newbies around. I know that not every mod has the time to welcome newbies due to their jobs and all, but as many have said you should take time and talk with the staff individually and get to know them all, and then you'll notice they aren't trying to be "superior" to you at all. In fact, they turn out to be nicer than you think! I used to think mods were power-abusing me and I thought they were always trying to chase me out, but as time went by I took time to interact with them and now I see them differently then I did back then. Plus, I have a good chunk of them on my friends list as well so that's explaining how nice they are.

Remember, as wise Dipu said there, follow rules and you will eventually get past that noob state just like I did myself.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Okay, I feel that the moderators need to be more understanding to new members. I have only met one Moderator (Cinro) who is fair and kind. I don't really feel safe talking to most of them. It is just that I'm afraid they might ban me or something. It is just that they need to help out more and not look down apon us. Not being mean.
I'm sorry that you feel that way. We will keep trying to act like the regular people we are and not seem like police or high and mighty something, and I hope most members, and you, will think better of us soon! :) the blue username is just so that members who need help can find us easily, so it's a pity if that's part of what's putting you off. If it's rather actual bad behavior you have seen, example would be nice yes so we can know how to not act in the future to make members feel better.

Sirfetch’d

Listen, I know that the forums are a bit intimidating for new users because I felt the same was when I first joined. I was afraid to talk to moderators because I thought that I would say something stupid or get myself banned. However, a few staff members started talking to me and welcoming me to the forums which made me feel accepted and I had the feeling of wanting to be here. The quicker that you realize a bold and colorful name means nothing in the terms of how friendly a member is or how much they accept you the happier you will be. As others have said, not all staff members are going to go up to each and every new member and greet them. This isn't because we don't want to meet and greet new members, but it is impossible to do this to everyone who joins. Just post around a lot, spark up random conversations with everyone regardless of the rank and before you know it, you will have forgotten that you ever feared moderators in the first place! Just remember we are here to help you and make you feel comfortable. We are NOT here to ban you or make you not want to be a part of this wonderful community. Also, if you ever want to have a conversation my VMs are always available and I would love to get to know you :D

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Sorry you feel that way sport, but, I really do hope that you'll reconsider and try to get to know the rest of us better? Cirno is a really nice person, but you'll pretty much find equally nice people on staff too, like good ol' Michonne-kun, and even Adventure-san and Vertigo-kun above me, and I hope that you'll understand that we do not support the idea of looking down on members on anyway - in fact, I haven't met a staff member here who would do such a thing. We do also gladly accept new members, in fact, it's part of our creed to help new members in any shape or form that we can! I, personally, not only as a staff member, but as a typical member honestly want to know you better because, maybe we have some things in common. :3

Years

It's okay, we're all here to be friendly. Sure we might seem a little strict when we put our moderating caps on, but believe me, the thing we hate doing here the most is having to either ban a member, issue a warning/infraction, or even lock a thread.

As the other staff members who have posted here suggested, you should really get to know them as a member before you judge how they are. And it's a good thing you started with Cirno because she's one of the nicest, if not the nicest and most sweet person you'll get to know here on staff. But everyone here on staff is just as sweet and kind as her if you get to know them.

Just leave some of us a VM, even if it's a simple "hello, how are you doing?" VM! :) You'll get to know us if you converse with us more, so please do not look at us as almighty members simply because we have extra powers. If you see a moderator that's intimidating to you, just talk with someone on h-staff and they'll see what's up.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
^ that's actually quite true. Except that there are a few others like Blade and Wentos that actually post a lot in various sections whenever they're not held up by life. I do agree that some of their activity can see some increment, yeah.

Though, to be perfectly fair, I understand their side as well. Being in a position where they have certain privileges might make it seem as if they're supposed to go that extra mile and post more than an average member and be more known around the forums (ie show their faces everywhere). But, at the end of the day, they're just members too. And I'm sure most members don't even post in all sections. They stick to whichever place their interests lie in. Can't expect hstaff people to post everywhere just because they are hstaff. For example, for the longest time, I thought Hiroshi Sotomura just vanished from the face of PC. But then I wandered into the pokemon games sections and saw that, yeah, he did not. It might just be a case of mismatch of your and that specific staff member's section of preference. Or they're just plain busy. Like I know Blade, Fabio, Wentos and a few more are. Generally.

IF some of them are not posting cuz they're lazy...I don't blame them then, either. I'm pretty lazy so I understand, lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I post more in the staff rooms now than I posted on the forums as a normal member. I know we should try connect with members, but hell, I go to university full-time, and work on top of that, as well as enjoying a busy social life. Somehow I still manage a few hours for PC per-day, if I had to also add a larger array of activity on the boards outside of the staff rooms than I do now, I'd explode. I'm not even the busiest on H-staff. Unless you think my activity on the boards is reasonable, otherwise I can see it being a challenge. Not impossible, but certainly an added stress factor.
Something I posted in the staff lounge recently. The same applies here. However, in saying this, I am going to make more of an effort to post out in the open...you'd just be surprised how much discussion goes on, even to make the small decisions. I admit I get caught up in it, and should do more to post more generally. Either way, I like to think every staff member (whether open on the general forum or not) is doing something to contribute to PC that improves it in some way.

Years
In over seven years on the site, I can honestly say I've never been unhappy with the staff on the site. I've never had a problem with any member of staff and I've had nice dialogue with many of them from time to time though I realise I usually don't hang around long enough to strike up any major friendships.

I'd like to think I've never caused too much of a problem for the mods, I have a couple of tellings off from a long time ago for not meeting the minimum post count for roleplaying which was hopefully a minor indiscretion that didn't bother the particular member of staff at the time too much. I suspect when I originally signed up I may have posted a few threads in the wrong place, but I was ten years old and I imagine it has long since been forgotten about.

At the moment, the forum seems very well moderated, I only ever see incorrect threads in the X&Y section and they are sweeped up as quickly as possible. So credit to those particular moderators and I'd single out Went, Livewire, Sydian and Lightning as the best staff over a prolonged period of time (with no offence to any others, I just see those particular ones post more often).

Charcoal92

Banned
Years
Well I have a real feedback.

Ok here it goes. A lot of you Mods and Gods lol. You do try to help out, but I really still feel as you guys should be mentors instead of infraction people. I understand some people deserve it, but still I like a lot of the everyday mods now you guys n girls are great and I feel good talking to you.
Super Mods: I'm scared of you guys. I just feel nervous and you guys got the power to ban people. Some of you guys are cool and understanding.
Admins never really talked to you guys much so no pros or cons. I'm am trusting you to run this site well so do your thing and make this site the best computer tech can allow. Bye.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Just pointing it out, but regular moderator CAN ban people; we just don't have access to custom bans. Anyway, we are mentors. I really hope you don't view us as 'those people who throw around infractions like chicken wings at a party', cause you'll be surprised how many of our mods rarely infract people, if ever. We're here to assist anyone who needs it, albeit we're more inclined to assist in the sections we moderate. I'm glad you've gotten over your paranoia, though. As for the smods, they're essentially global moderators, don't think any differently. They're also cool cats (cept Razor, he's a cool cow), so just be brave and instigate conversation with one of them.

Years
Just pointing it out, but regular moderator CAN ban people; we just don't have access to custom bans. Anyway, we are mentors. I really hope you don't view us as 'those people who throw around infractions like chicken wings at a party', cause you'll be surprised how many of our mods rarely infract people, if ever. We're here to assist anyone who needs it, albeit we're more inclined to assist in the sections we moderate. I'm glad you've gotten over your paranoia, though. As for the smods, they're essentially global moderators, don't think any differently. They're also cool cats (cept Razor, he's a cool cow), so just be brave and instigate conversation with one of them.

I agree with Dipu there, most staff members actually don't like issuing infractions based on what I saw posted in this thread earlier. In fact, they not only don't like giving infractions or warnings, but they also don't even like locking a thread especially if it was a good topic that turned bad. They aren't power-abusing you, and as you heard I once had a fear of staff power abusing me two years ago but managed to overcome that noob state lately and now I want to show those newer members that the staff actually just want to help you.

Smods and admins might have more power than the regular blue mods, but they still don't like issuing infractions and the whatnot out of the blue. Staff are there to help you, not make you sad. And they are always there if you have any problems so don't hesitate to leave them a message if you need help.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 13, 2015
Just popping in to say I think PC has some of the best moderators ever tbh, haha. They are really serious about their jobs, while at the same time they are approachable and friendly. I think being a mod requires those traits, and most of the mods here do! Same with the upper staff members. Keep up the good job guys :3

Reactions: Sun

Honest

Hi!
Years
Staff are there to help you, not make you sad. And they are always there if you have any problems so don't hesitate to leave them a message if you need help.

We are here to help, but keep in mind we aren't robots. We have lives outside PC, and sometimes, of not most of the times, those irl events will take precedence to stuff on PC. So if we don't respond within 15, 30, 60 minutes, try to understand.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Well I have a real feedback.

Ok here it goes. A lot of you Mods and Gods lol. You do try to help out, but I really still feel as you guys should be mentors instead of infraction people. I understand some people deserve it, but still I like a lot of the everyday mods now you guys n girls are great and I feel good talking to you.
Super Mods: I'm scared of you guys. I just feel nervous and you guys got the power to ban people. Some of you guys are cool and understanding.
Admins never really talked to you guys much so no pros or cons. I'm am trusting you to run this site well so do your thing and make this site the best computer tech can allow. Bye.
I pose issue with the bolded part here. Take a look at this conversation. Firstly, you asked me to make you a mod, then you asked me to penalize you. I mean, I didn't do either of those things because I was only trying to help you out. Out of all the staff, I'm probably one of the most blunt, but that doesn't mean I don't want to help you out, even after you insulted me. As I know we all have off days, but we can't just project our feelings at other people and try and drag them down.

Nobody on this staff team is qualified to give you emotional guidance or support, that's something you can contact your GP about. We're here to help you around the forum and ensure that people enjoy their experience on it. It is simply not the responsibility of any staff member to keep another member happy, I know that sounds rather abstract, but the work that we do as staff which does not include directly interacting with members, should hopefully improve user experience when on the forum, and if that makes a person happy, then great! But we're not here as moral compasses.

Maybe instead of trying to drag down everyone around you, use the support we offer to help pull yourself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back