• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Alpha] (MEH) Map Editor of Happiness

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Use Advance map to remove and change the directions of the map then use MEH to align them, that's how I do my connections and it works well

yeah, that's what I'll have to do. But the idea is ultimately that I only want to use one mapping program and preferably not Amap because i hate it with a fiery passion.

sertin12

Beginer Rom Hacker
Years
yeah, that's what I'll have to do. But the idea is ultimately that I only want to use one mapping program and preferably not Amap because i hate it with a fiery passion.

Haha I know what you mean, that's why I'm following this editors development cause I would love to switch, it's just not at a stage that we can switch :P Personally I would love for one of them to add a delete map feature.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 24, 2014
Is there a place i can view Source Mods people have made and download those? Or do you just put them into MEH whenever one is made

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 24, 2014
Just did a search and found it it's also by Shiny Quagsire. That really made me happy~

Anyway, kevinin, we can't post links to other forums so just search Google and you can find it pretty easily.

Looks like it's still in Alpha, but why does it have to be on another forum?! Don't want to sign up for just one thread lol.

Shiny, you sure know how to keep yourself busy! Looking forward to updates to both of these wonderful programs! I might have to kick XSE to the curb soon~ Hmm. Looks like that thread hasn't been updated since late 2013 though.. Ah well, still might be better than XSE for me lol.

Have you tried Pksvui? it has a script generator that works pretty well, so you don't have to do everything yourself

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Have you tried Pksvui? it has a script generator that works pretty well, so you don't have to do everything yourself
I didn't like it for various reasons, reasons I don't really want to discuss in this thread, since that's way too off topic. I doubt I will ever use it again, unless I go back to Gen II hacking (since there is no other option for Gen II, that I know of)

Anyway, still waiting for updates and hoping for the day when MEH is complete! Keep up the great work!

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
I didn't like it for various reasons, reasons I don't really want to discuss in this thread, since that's way too off topic. I doubt I will ever use it again, unless I go back to Gen II hacking (since there is no other option for Gen II, that I know of)

Anyway, still waiting for updates and hoping for the day when MEH is complete! Keep up the great work!

MEH will never be finished. :)

Oh shoot, it's been four and a half months since I last pushed any code to MEH. I should probably get back to it sometime.

Bliss

Years
MEH will never be finished. :)

Oh shoot, it's been four and a half months since I last pushed any code to MEH. I should probably get back to it sometime.
When I said complete, I meant that all core features stand above the competition. To reach a point where MEH is without a shadow of a doubt the best Map Editor for Pokemon ROMs. At this point, many people still prefer A-Map. (I quit ROM hacking, so my opinion in this is moot lol) There are still quite a few little things that will be required before the majority of hackers make the move to MEH permanently, and that's the day I'm waiting for lol.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 24, 2014
I can't seem to find the actual application in the zip download. Am i missing something?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
sorry Shiny Quagsire but how can i use your tool of day/night?? i just click the option but and nothing happen, you show us some great ways to change the palettes (the colors) depending of the hour, how can i do that?? sorry for my bad english

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 24, 2014
It blew up in my face and broke my ROM. Could you maybe set it up to automatically make a backup on opening just like A-Map? :(

Bliss

Years
It blew up in my face and broke my ROM. Could you maybe set it up to automatically make a backup on opening just like A-Map? :(
I suggest making backups at least once every couple of hours. (Assuming you are working for several hours at a time, else at least once per day)

Making it a habit will save you a lot of time and energy later, believe me lol.

Ugh, I remember when I was working on a hack with Silver as the main character... over 2 weeks of work gone because I didn't make a backup lol.

So yeah, it's a good idea to make frequent backups no matter which tools you use. Relying on the tools won't always be in your best interest, though I agree that this tool should have such a feature in the future.

Years
Any chance that adding maps via MEH will be done, or are you relying on the idea that we all know how to add maps ourselves (which I have no idea how to, considering the fact that pretty much every GBA dev guide I can find links to required resources that don't exist). Also, is there some way you prefer that anyone looking to contribute should contact you guys, if you're still accepting anyone? I have some experience with programming, and am currently taking a look through Oracle's Java documentation, but I wanted to know before I throw myself wholeheartedly into this...

And, as always, THANK YOU. I know you don't get enough of this, but I also wanted to let you know that I am glad for this being open source, and that YOU are taking the time to help US rom hack easier, rather than forcing us to go and learn how to do it manually.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
This looks really awesome!

i can't wait for it to be in a more stable state, then i can use it for real!

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
Sorry if I look really stupid, but seeing as this is a .jar file, is this able to run on Android? If not, will it ever be able to run on Android?

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
Years
Hey, ShinyQuagsire, I know you have a life and all, but please hurry with finishing this. It's a beautiful program and I love it. I want to be able to use it in full once you've completed it. Thank you thank you thank you! You're amazing and so is this.

Haha, ignore my rushing you. You have a life, I understand that. I'm just so excited for this is all.

Bliss

Years

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Sorry if I look really stupid, but seeing as this is a .jar file, is this able to run on Android? If not, will it ever be able to run on Android?

It is completely dependent on the system you are using. A phone cannot use Java to open and use applications of Java. But a lot of tablets can however.

Back