Get your game on!

Age 19
She/her
Norway
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted July 6th, 2021
312 posts
3.4 Years
I don't watch dubbed anime that often, but I have been watching the English dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX lately, and I will admit it, I like it! It's hilarious and the voices fit the characters. The dub has a genial sense of humor, and that's why I like it.

Setsuna

がんばルビィ!

She/Her
黒澤 ルビィ ♡
Seen July 21st, 2021
Posted May 31st, 2021
2,135 posts
320 Days
The GX dub has seem pretty great moments, I haven't watched past season 1 but I've seen a playlist of clips on YouTube and man those got me laughing. An old friend of mine said that some dub lines sound like they're straight from a sitcom, and I kinda enjoy that kind of thing more than just watching a normal subbed anime sometimes.

For my pick, this scene is so silly and dumb and I couldn't pass up any opportunity to mention it in a thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnZverZ4nMw&ab_channel=TheCuriousInferno

PC's official Nijigasaki fangirl ♡

Do your Rubesty! ♡ Ruby Kurosawa
AvatarFlairidol.st ✦ Paired with IV

Dawn

None
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
Hellsing Ultimate, it ranges from fantastically authentic to outrageously ridiculous and I love it for it. Not many anime have Kari Wahlgren singing German opera in them, either!

Anything with Crispin Freeman and/or without Yuri Lowenthal in it is generally good though tbh.

VPPGame Journal ✩ Paired with Dusk ❤ ✩

Sheep

she/her
Australia
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
Soul Eater was soo good and quite faithful to the original. I loved it as much as the Japanese version. Very good dub imo!!

art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 28 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
6,601 posts
12.7 Years
Durarara for sure. It was very well done, and I love it. Also, the Bleach dub, too, is one of my favorites. It's just really good for the time it came out. Also, any dub with Johnny Yong Bosch in it? I'll watch that over the Japanese version in a heartbeat /bias.
Theme: Tsubomi Kido
Pair: Taemin

machomuu

Lilybilly

Female
Take a left, turn right at the next stop, bear left for a few mil
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
10,481 posts
13.5 Years
Oh Yu Yu Hakusho, without a doubt. I don't think I've ever seen a dub take a script and make it so much more fun and also performed with such energy and gusto while still keeping the characters in-tact. Easily a gold standard for dubs for me.

Baccano! obviously comes close since I genuinely think it's one of the best dubs to grace the market and is probably also something I would consider a gold standard.
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life
Eternally bound, eternally paired, eternally Dutch. Say hi to her will ya? It'll be the best decision you make today. Promise.

IV

Your local Dutch joker

Age 25
Male
Some stupid city in The Netherlands
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
6,416 posts
2.6 Years
I haven't watched a whole lot of dubbed anime series really, but the one that does stand out above them all is Yu-Gi-Oh GX, it just feels like such a comedy. It did bless us with the GOAT The Chazz after all

Soaring Sid

Wishes you a good day

Age 19
Male
Lion's Abode
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
1,598 posts
2.1 Years
Durarara for sure. It was very well done, and I love it.
I can't believe I watched Durarara without knowing it has a dub ;-; I'll watch it in the near future.

About dubbed anime, I think FMA: Brotherhood, Hunter x Hunter, Violet Evergarden and Monster are really good. The voices for each character feel natural and doesn't feel forced.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!

Age 23
Male
Seen May 23rd, 2021
Posted January 4th, 2021
478 posts
8.1 Years
The Devil is a Part-Timer!

Probably the most fun I have had watching a show. It is also kind of necessary to watch the dub unless you like pausing. The characters talk over each other a lot.

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 28 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
6,601 posts
12.7 Years
Addendum: Attack on Titan has a really good dub. I don't know why, but I just couldn't watch the Japanese version for some reason, I found it not that great.
Theme: Tsubomi Kido
Pair: Taemin

serene sejal

Flowing life

Female
India
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted January 13th, 2021
30 posts
1.9 Years
For me it's Violet Evergarden and HxH. I love both of them and I have watched Durarara and it's really good. God Eater too.
My conclusion is I can't chose a specific one because there are many like FMA and many more.
Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends. A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection. The clear water's surface reflects growth. Now listen to the Serenade of water to reflect upon yourself.
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
838 posts
275 Days
dragon ball z, yu yu hakusho, baccano. but if its anything old you def have to watch it in dub, for the nostalgia.

almost forgot steins gate, that was a weird one, the dub voices were so good they almost sounded like the sub characters just in english.

Until you hear the big guys japanese va. lol. Took some getting used to.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast

Age 19
Any
Oregon
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted August 13th, 2021
233 posts
3 Years
Aside from obvious mentions like Cowboy Bebop, I really enjoyed Kaguya-sama Love Is War’s dub. The rewrites stayed true to the original, while making it more humorous for western audiences. The narrator was practically his own character.

Name: Lucky
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Megan

Explorer Empress

Age 31
She/Her
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
8,665 posts
8.7 Years
I liked the German dub of the first couple seasons of One Piece. Don't know about the later ones, though, as I switched to the manga at some point. I also liked the little of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX we got dubbed here, as well.
Art | Moderator of Previous Generations, Forum Games and VPP
Isn't intelligence what gives you insights of your own thoughts at the expense of losing sight of what's in front of you?

NipahRika

Age 30
Female
USA
Online now
Posted 14 Minutes Ago
142 posts
36 Days
English dub for InuYasha I liked a lot. Same with Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Tenchi Muyo, and most older anime. I dunno about today's anime stuff.
Switch FC: 6546-0842-6796

Aslan

Age 19
she/her
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2,920 posts
8.6 Years
I've barely watched English dubs so I only have a few to mention but I agree that the dub for Yu Yu Hakusho was better than the sub. They really brought the characters to life. Other than that, I remember when I first started watching anime that the dub for Ouran High School Host Club felt very natural and well done. I've never watched it subbed but they did a good job.

I can't speak for the actual anime as I haven't watched it in dub yet but the bloopers for the Ace Attorney dub are a goldmine. I have never laughed so hard in my life, the dynamic of the cast in the bloopers is perfect. Bless the VA for Phoenix Wright. I might start watching it in dub just to appreciate the actual voice actors more.
paired with Austin

NipahRika

Age 30
Female
USA
Online now
Posted 14 Minutes Ago
142 posts
36 Days
I've barely watched English dubs so I only have a few to mention but I agree that the dub for Yu Yu Hakusho was better than the sub. They really brought the characters to life. Other than that, I remember when I first started watching anime that the dub for Ouran High School Host Club felt very natural and well done. I've never watched it subbed but they did a good job.

I can't speak for the actual anime as I haven't watched it in dub yet but the bloopers for the Ace Attorney dub are a goldmine. I have never laughed so hard in my life, the dynamic of the cast in the bloopers is perfect. Bless the VA for Phoenix Wright. I might start watching it in dub just to appreciate the actual voice actors more.
YYH is one I forgot to add. I agree the dub for YYH is better than the sub. As far as Ouran I agree there too. Phoenix Wright and his Eng Dub VA is amazing.
Switch FC: 6546-0842-6796

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness

they/he/she
っ・ω・)っ━☆゚.*・。゚
Online now
Posted 9 Hours Ago
1,829 posts
2.3 Years
Kirby Right Back At Ya! solely because of King Dedede.
(╯°Д°)╯ ┻━┻
FLIP ALL THE TABLES!

Q+A / My Art
Owner of PC's fashion club!

Soaring Sid

Wishes you a good day

Age 19
Male
Lion's Abode
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
1,598 posts
2.1 Years
Kirby Right Back At Ya! solely because of King Dedede.
I didn't know there was a Kirby anime :O

Meanwhile I discovered Vinland Saga has a dub now, that's nice so far.