• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

poison in field

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
prior to gen 5, poison damaged you as you moved around during in the overworld as well as during a battle. that mechanic has since been removed, which now leaves poison very similar to burn, except that burn also halves your attack.

should poison bring back its old mechanic of damaging you in the field? should it be changed in some other way to differentiate it from burning? should it become more like the Badly Poisoned status where damage increases every turn?

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
Can't believe I'm saying this but I actually miss that little effect outside of battle it made things seemed more serious and the game makes you feel pretty bad if you didn't make it in time and successful if you did (you know, if you didn't have a healing item and tried walking back to the center).

Also makes nuzlockes more intense as well.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I mean obv there isn't a benefit to it, it's a negative status effect haha. I think even if it's not particularly challenging except in the early game, it's still a nice feature to distinguish it from burns. I might do some brainstorming to see if I can come up with a replacement feature for poison though.

Years
Surprisingly I do kinda miss it, having poison affect you in the field made things a lot more serious and it was an interesting effect that distinguished it from burn.

Back