• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?

• Yes! I love this new feature!

Votes: 170 89.5%
  • No, I don't like this new feature!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
It sure would take a while to actually defeat the World Tournament, we're talking around approximately 53 trainers.. I wonder what the prize is if any? Regardless I'm still loving that they included this, it's a great challenge.

Years
It sure would take a while to actually defeat the World Tournament, we're talking around approximately 53 trainers.. I wonder what the prize is if any? Regardless I'm still loving that they included this, it's a great challenge.
Probably a new color for your trainer card... I don't know what I would do w/money if that was the prize. They might do something similar to the Battle Frontier w/the points system. Though I don't really know if the Tournament will include ALL 53 trainers... Sort of overkill don't you think?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Probably a new color for your trainer card... I don't know what I would do w/money if that was the prize. They might do something similar to the Battle Frontier w/the points system. Though I don't really know if the Tournament will include ALL 53 trainers... Sort of overkill don't you think?
Well since we don't get them all at once maybe we get a trainer color for obtaining all 53 and another change for when we defeat them all. (by the way does that 53 include the Unova gym leaders who are gone and Juan?)

Years
Juan will be either demoted (to Gym Trainer, Towel Boy, Gym Leader's Slave, etc.) or forgotten.
Are the Unovan Gym Leaders in this? If not then good 'cause there's too many of them as it was 10, right? Anyways they got rematches so they don't need to be in this.
Either way I hope the above aren't put in this as 53 trainers are overkill and they WILL end up using the same Pokemon over and over again. Ex: We have Iris/Drayden, Lance and Clair. Who gets to use the Salamance. Or Dragonite. Or whatever.

Years
^ I agree on the variety, I hope they decide to give them more difference. Though thankfully it's 3 Pokemon and there are more than 9 dragon pokemon lines to chose from.

Years
Though, that's barely scraping by. We have Gym Leaders and the Tournament people to divivy the Pokemon up to. Not to mention the other types. Division problems... Someone pull out their calculator... Do we have enough Pokemon for 53 Trainers?
Plus, another problem. 3 each right? I heard a rumor somewhere (can't remember) that the Pokemon will have held items... How do we divide the items up? Sure, 17 Plates and etc. might be enough. Though they'll end up reusing items.
Oh well, I can't complain rant on forever, right?

blue

gucci
Years
It's abit disappointing that they are limited to 3 Pokémon each assuming that's the rules but I suppose it saves some time, I would have enjoyed to have a 6 on 6 battle with EVERY Gym Leader & Elite Four member.

Years
Now THAT is a challenge. Which would take for ever just like the Battle Frontier which I have NEVER completed. Though I do see the fun in that...
That reminds me, the SAVE option like in the Battle Frontier. They better have that. And what other options could they have incorporated into this?

Years
A double battle function.
A level 100 and level 50.

I hope there there is a reward...
Not sure if there are enough Pokemon by type but we have 600 + and 53 x 3 =159 I believe so they can do it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
A double battle function.
A level 100 and level 50.

I hope there there is a reward...
Not sure if there are enough Pokemon by type but we have 600 + and 53 x 3 =159 I believe so they can do it.

Only reward would probably be a medal. Unless you maybe get your third master ball...?

Years
Only reward would probably be a medal. Unless you maybe get your third master ball...?
I'm guessing that's sarcasm... or I completely missed something...

Maybe the reward would be akin to the special rooms you got in HG/SS with the Pokeathlon. Well, if you competed in those at all, remember the "Solidarity Room", "Friendship Room" and etc. where you got to check your records and achievements? Once you got to the Friendship Room (I think it's the last one) your Trainer Card got updated.

Years
A third Masterball? Eh at least it's something. The Proable award will most likely be a title (World Champ?), a hall of fame entry for the world tournament, and maybe a medal.

Years
A title? I guess...
A Hall of Fame, I can see.
A medal? NO. A trophy? YES. Or a statue. A big, gold, shining statue proclaiming you as the strongest in the world.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Oh my god, I could picture the newer Pokemon fans wondering who the Hoenn gym leaders are. But this seems like the best idea that ever reached Pokemon.
This, pretty much. When I read that some older faces were going to be in the game at some point, my face lit up :D hope it's not a disappointment, though.

Years
A title? I guess...
A Hall of Fame, I can see.
A medal? NO. A trophy? YES. Or a statue. A big, gold, shining statue proclaiming you as the strongest in the world.

The statue could be like the one in HgSs only this one can be bigger! Perhaps they will do the rooms as someone stated earlier.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
And the new footage on Pokebeach confirmed gym battle theme remixes, now I really wanna hear a remix of the hoenn gym theme.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Imo this remix doesn't sound like something they really put much effort in making. It's so simply remixed. Probably other remixes will be like this too, including Hoenn ones. I guess they don't want those tracks to sound better than in games they belong to, and are saving better remixes for R/S remakes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back