• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CBC's Tutoring Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
Student
Pokémon Online Server Username: Karl
Timezone:i dont know but i live in england
What do you feel you need to work on the most? team building and battling
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? i go to school every week day at 8am and finnsh at 3pm it takes me about 15-30 minutes to get home. i tend to have to get off computers at 9pm unless off school. at weekends i tend to be on all the time unless i have to get of for what ever reason
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? i used to battle in d/p but i got new internet with wpa connection stopping me from playing i missed out on battling training from them and i need to catch up so i can beat some of my friends rather then it being down to luck that i beat them. thanks :D (oh also im not good at spellings:))

boktor666

I Learnz hacks.
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2011
Yay, its here! Finally the ability to learn from the pro's, im not gonna let this chance pass. I will be following classes too, but also like one on one.

Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username:boktor666
Timezone:Europe (like holland)GMT+2 (I belive)

What do you feel you need to work on the most?
Most of the time, I go in with a team that has been trained. However, I don't seem able to create a very effective team. Im not that good at natures, stats and EV+Items and movesets.. so yeah.

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?
Well, I work regular, but its in the evening most of the time, then i have these other activeites, but those are evening too. I currently am enjoying summer break, so im really free now.

Years
I would like to apply as a student.

Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Nato4eyes
Timezone: PST, GMT-7
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Everything
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Im out for the summer, but generally 10am - 5pm my time
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I am a complete noob at competitive battling and want to get into it.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
Years
Is it possible to recieve some kind of one-on-one tutoring through IMs or some such? I want to brush up my skills but I have no desire to meet people, and I have no means of transportation.

Please, please, please, PM me the answer. I'm scared of big giant threads.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Is it possible to recieve some kind of one-on-one tutoring through IMs or some such? I want to brush up my skills but I have no desire to meet people, and I have no means of transportation.

Please, please, please, PM me the answer. I'm scared of big giant threads.

Oh my-- XD; For one-on-one tutoring you don't actually go and meet that person! |: You do it on Pokemon Online.

Years

Oh my-- XD; For one-on-one tutoring you don't actually go and meet that person! |: You do it on Pokemon Online.

Seriously? I was counting on chilling in Bergen County with KG as he teaches me stall or with Oppo in Norway, to hone my ability to use Gimmicks. Summer=Ruined :/

To make this post valid, does anyone know if we have a date for the first class?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Tutors

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Dark_Azelf
Timezone: GMT
What aspect of competitive battling are you best at? This is like asking "how long is a piece of string?" ;D lol
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Yes its rather random as i do shift work so i wont always be available. Im also out alot these days whether its with my gf or friends so once again i cant be certain when im available.

Only for class btw, i suck at 1 vs 1.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Seriously? I was counting on chilling in Bergen County with KG as he teaches me stall or with Oppo in Norway, to hone my ability to use Gimmicks. Summer=Ruined :/

To make this post valid, does anyone know if we have a date for the first class?

I wanna go to Norway. :(

We should get it out today. I mean, I'm going to force the date out sometime today from Wolf. ;D

k137an

Smile... or go to jail
Years
im all for this im quite tired of losing to everybody tbh so im ready and free anytime that wouldnt be school hours.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
Years
I'm interested in the class section. My timezone is GMT - 4:00

As for dates, I won't know for sure until the dates are announced but my best times are weekdays

lriley777

Pokemon hacker lv.100
Years
Student
]PC Pokémon Online Server Username:
BWO Luke
Timezone:
EST (-5 GMT, I believe)
Team Building, EV Raising
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule:
Tuesdays, thursdays, and sundays are work days.
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself?
Still new to Wifi Battling,All Teachings are reccomended

P.S. are we getting PM'd when Dates are chosen?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
sorry for not posting this sooner! i've been really busy this week, and everything has distracted me from this. hopefully this isn't too late of a notice.

the first class' date and time is JUNE 26th (sunday) @ 2 PM (GMT -5 / EST)

for other time zones:
7 pm for gmt 0 (uk, etc)
8 pm for gmt +1 (norway, etc)
5 am for gmt +10 (east of australia)
1 pm for gmt -6 (central america)
12 noon for gmt -7 (west coast america)

or just click this, and it will happen when it hits 2 pm on there.

we hope to see you there!

also, if you miss it, we will still post the log, but you won't be able to experience the class and tournaments.

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
If we show up late to the class but before the tournament can we still be part of the tournament? Because I might be busy when it starts, but I might be free; I'm not sure.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
If we show up late to the class but before the tournament can we still be part of the tournament? Because I might be busy when it starts, but I might be free; I'm not sure.
sure, users who don't participate in the class and still join the tournaments.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
If you aren't able to make it to the first part of the session and have to come in late that's okay - you'll just have to figure out where we are exactly and try to catch up from there. The beginning part that you missed will be posted in the form of a log eventually, too - it's okay if you miss out on some of it. And this goes for everybody in general... you're free to come and go as you please, nothing's gonna force you to stay participating if we start and you get the feeling that this sort of thing isn't for you. (Though we'd love if you'd stay and participate the whole time!)

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Okey, it will be 8 pm for me then. But in which server is the classes going to be in? =)

Last edited:

Tsvet

A wild trainer appears~
Years
Damn, I was waiting for this classes, and they just in the same weekend with an local Anime event we're doing. ;\

So, if I read the entire log for this first class, will I be able to join the second class?

And to join the tutored 1-on-1 lessons, any special pre-requisites?
I mean, in Platinum I have around +450 hours of breeding, trading and casual battling; so I know what stats mean, how to EV train and such, but my actual battle experience is close to zero. Hard to find people to play above casual, so I can't say that I really know how to battle like you guys.

Anyway, if that is enough, applying:

Student

PC Username: Tsvet

Timezone: GMT -03:00

- Prediction (and "switch-in"s, of course);
- Team building (Typing, move-setting);
- Actual battle experience.

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?
- Work [GMT -3] (1:30pm ~ 17:30pm) / [GMT -5] (11:30am ~ 15:30pm)
- College (Always night, but random finishing time. Usually starts at [GMT -3] 7:20pm, but ends at 9:00pm or 11:00pm) / [GMT -5] (5:20pm ~ 7:00pm/9.00pm)
- Sport (American Football) [GMT -3] (Usually mon, wed and thurs, 9:30pm to 11:00pm) / [GMT -5] (7:30pm~9:00pm)
- Kung Fu (Saturday morning, [GMT -3] 9am~11am) / [GMT -5] (7am~9am)

So basically, every weekday morning, saturday afternoon/night and entire sunday free.

Thank you for the chance to become better (:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Damn, I was waiting for this classes, and they just in the same weekend with an local Anime event we're doing. ;\

So, if I read the entire log for this first class, will I be able to join the second class?

And to join the tutored 1-on-1 lessons, any special pre-requisites?
I mean, in Platinum I have around +450 hours of breeding, trading and casual battling; so I know what stats mean, how to EV train and such, but my actual battle experience is close to zero. Hard to find people to play above casual, so I can't say that I really know how to battle like you guys.

Aww, that sucks. ;-;

Yes, definitely! If you also have any questions about the log or about any parts/things we discussed in particular, you'll be free to post about them here or ask on the server. Most of the people that are going to help with the class are daily regulars at the server so it's going to be really easy to find them and ask for some help on there. By missing the first class you'll miss out on the experience of battling with some other totally new players as well as some of our more experienced ones... but you can also just come on the server later and battle anyway. ^o^

I dunno if the 1on1 stuff is full or anything since I'm not really a big part of that, but no, there are no special prerequisites. Knowing simple things about Pokemon is probably the most helpful thing you can have while battling - type charts, STAB, EV training, about the stats in general, natures, things like that are all very useful knowledge especially when you're starting off battling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back