• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Fave spinoff?

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
Years
There are lots of pokemon spinoffs over the years, but which is your personal fave?

For me its 100% Pokemon XD: Gale of darkness for Gamecube.

Years
Mystery. Dugeon. end of thread.

no but seriously it's the only spin off i've played where i was just as hooked as i would be with main series ones. i played ranger and trozei for a bit but they really weren't for me sadly. and i didn't have any consoles growing up so stadium, colosseum, etc. were automatically out.

Years
TCG and Puzzle League on the GBC for me personally. Played those to death when I was younger and loved them so much. ❤️ Wish the TCG sequel made it to NA. :(

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 25, 2022
Pokemon Conquest for me.

It was my first spin-off that I found after downloading the wrong rom on a website, but not only it was great, but it opened my love for games like Fire Emblem.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
The Ranger series. I loved those games and while I think the first game's a bit old in terms of graphics I still absolutely adore Rangers 2 and 3.

I'm kinda sad that the odds of us getting a reboot / sequel on that franchise are kinda null now that the DS era is gone.

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
Years
Pokemon XD Gale Of Darkness is sooooo good. Heck, on schedule, in about half an hour from posting this i will play it. It takes place in the Orre region, where cipher has stolen people's Pokemon to taint them with shadow. You, as the player, use the snag machine to steal Pokemon from other trainers to purify them. It has a really good story and some unique characters.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
Pokemon Snap mainly, but also Pokemon Conquest. So hyped for the Snap sequel, but I hope they do it well. Although, I may have outgrown the kind of game Pokemon Snap is...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
My faves were pokemon colosseum and pokemon snap. but mystery dungeon is definitely a contender, that was a very solid addition to the franchise.
I wish we could have a main series game with the strength of plot and world building that mystery dungeon did.
Actually maybe that's why i loved pokemon colosseum & XD so much.

Years
pokemon stadium at the top of my list, followed by pokemon colosseum/XD. all three games were the highlight of my childhood years, i really do miss them. :c

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and Pokémon Ranger, more specifically the second game in each series

I also liked Pokémon Battle Revolution, hopefully someday we will get another game similar to it

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
The trading card game. Gives both pinball games a close second/third. Sunk numerous hours into all of them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Definitely Colosseum and XD. Iconic.

Also the Stadium games, as frustrating as they can be, are a lot of fun.

Back