• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Firered Remixed (386 patch)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 12, 2017
Phys/Special Split one's broken.

After going through the blue tutorial screen at the beginning of the game, it automatically resets itself so you can never actually get into the game itself.

Sad.

EDIT: Both are broken. Can't get past the blue tutorial screen on either.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 31, 2017
Phys/Special Split one's broken.

After going through the blue tutorial screen at the beginning of the game, it automatically resets itself so you can never actually get into the game itself.

Sad.

EDIT: Both are broken. Can't get past the blue tutorial screen on either.

Yeah i tried both and couldnt get past the tutorial screen in neither of them

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 3, 2017
sorry if this is in the wrong place and sorry I'm so retarded but I downloaded the game and drastic doesn't work or pick it up as a game file to begin with what emulator is this used with

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
sorry if this is in the wrong place and sorry I'm so retarded but I downloaded the game and drastic doesn't work or pick it up as a game file to begin with what emulator is this used with

DraStic is a Nintendo DS Emulator.
This is a Pok?mon Fire Red ROM Hack.
Pok?mon Fire Red is a GBA Game.
You basically need a GBA Emulator.
In Android, you have MyBoy! and John GBA.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
Patched to FireRed (U)(Squirrels) and works just fine for me on VBA-M.

Just wanted to thank OP for the awesome hack. I'm doing a Nuzlocke and having a great time of it. (R.I.P. Schwinger the Wingull, who wasn't quite tough enough to take a Rock Tomb from Brock's Onix...) I don't know if I'll be able to go back to playing Kanto with limited catch pools, or without Physical/Special split...

Edit: Odd bug: the nurse at Indigo Plateau refuses to speak to me...

Edit: Finished with two deaths to Elite Four (a critical Mega Kick from Bruno's Hitmonlee and a critical Outrage from Lance's Dragonite). Especial thanks to the hacker for purchasable Lucky Egg and Exp. Share, which made the last stretch of pre-E4 grinding much more tolerable than it could have been.
Hall of Famers:
Spoiler:

Thank you for the great hack! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
When I patch the file and try to start the game it just loops the into scene. It'll get up to the screen that says, "Press Start" and then go up to the tutorial thing and then reset.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 16, 2017
Can't get past tutorial screen either. Any help? (Auto reset, patched on FireRed Rom US v1.1)

EDIT: Works fine on Squirrel ROM US. Do not use v1.1

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 15, 2020
Is there a way I can get moemon on this version? I tried and it crashed.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 18, 2021
Is there a way I can get moemon on this version? I tried and it crashed.
When did it crash for you? I've been playing the game for a little bit, and I patched this 386 patch on top of a moemon revival rom. So far it's worked fine for me, but I've only gotten to Viridian City.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Doesn't work with v1.1 (U), loops back to game start like people complained about. Works fine on (Squirrels) rom though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 15, 2020
When did it crash for you? I've been playing the game for a little bit, and I patched this 386 patch on top of a moemon revival rom. So far it's worked fine for me, but I've only gotten to Viridian City.

Whoops, I patched it the other way around. Works now :p

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 3, 2018
Im looked for a Fire Red rom without change the storyline much yet adding the physical/special split to enhance the game play with very minor bugs, and now I found it!!
Just patched the file and tested, yes it is playable so far~ But only workable for Fire Red (U)(Squirrel) aka V1.0
It will failed to play when patched to the V1.1 where repeating the introduction page.
I might be late now to play Fire Red version but hey, this is totally different experience, i mean all pokemon are catchable!!
I will definitely raise a Gengar since have not chance to get it start from yellow version without trading and cheat code!!
Im excited to enjoy this patch!!
Personally felt only one thing miss out which is day and night system~

Big thanks to RemixV4 for developing this patch!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 3, 2020
Yes, all the Legendaries are wild encounters. To make it at least somewhat of a challenge.

I know this post was from forever ago, but I for the life of me can't find any information on how to make it so a wild legendary pokemon can only be caught once.

In advance map, I could make it so Zapdos has a one percent chance of appearing, but then wouldn't that mean it would keep appearing even if it has already been caught?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

Back