• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Symphonic Horizon

Who is your favorite main character from the pre-emptive bio and their official artwork

• Vice Braving

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Marissa Brennan

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Eevee

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Krista Harper

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Vivian Vance

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Hiro Monochroma

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Allan Monochroma

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Helena Brennan

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Why are the mega stones so expensive? 100k for an Ampharosite is ridiculous. Players never had to give close to that much even to buy the starter Mega Stones in OR/AS. I'd suggest lowering them to 10k. Otherwise, screenshots look pretty good. Some of your graphics are still clashing style-wise though.

The reason why they are so expensive, is because in X and Y, the 3 Mega Stones that you can actually buy in that game are worth WAY more than what I have them as in my game. Secondly, the enemy AI has been enhanced to the point that you are able to get quite a bit of money after each battle, but the trade off is that they are much harder. Also, throughout the game, there are some hidden items that you can pick up that can help you quite a bit, financially in-game. I find that 10k is too little, because then that would make them too easy to get, rather than having them be somewhat of a challenge, by conserving money.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Comic Strip Update: For those of you who didn't see on the front page a little bit ago, a friend of mine turned a scene from my game into a parodied comic strip of Allan VS. Vice in the City of the Timeless. Enjoy the funny little strip, and enjoy the rest of your day ;)

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2018
This looks really nice aesthetically and the unique elements seem pretty promising but reading through the endings list the explicit denial of the ending where you talk to and take allen in your party being a relationship between the two characters makes me worry the rest of them that fill the same critera are "Happily Ever After" endings that pair them all off?

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
This looks really nice aesthetically and the unique elements seem pretty promising but reading through the endings list the explicit denial of the ending where you talk to and take allen in your party being a relationship between the two characters makes me worry the rest of them that fill the same critera are "Happily Ever After" endings that pair them all off?

The endings are basically just, "What If's," as in, none of them are really canon, but are mainly there for the sake of people who like that kind of stuff. The scene with Allan is mainly there for the sake of giving the player more information about the backstory of the other characters, which would not be explained during the course of the story otherwise. A lot of them are basically just there for the sake of filling in backstory, and to see more interaction between the characters.

My game is not the first to do it. In fact, Tales of Symphonia 1 and 2 both did it similarly. The 2nd more than the 1st, mainly because in the 1st, it was just implied, but in the 2nd it was said outright that they were together. Unless it was a male character, otherwise it was still a "bro-bond."

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Wait, so will there be multiple endings? Like if I play your game one time it'll have one ending, and if I play again it could have a different ending?

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Wait, so will there be multiple endings? Like if I play your game one time it'll have one ending, and if I play again it could have a different ending?

Yeah, basically. What ending is determined, is based off of a specific scene later on in the game. So, yeah you can potentially be able to get different endings on multiple playthroughs. At this point, however, I am thinking of including Multiple Save Files, but I am still contemplating that idea.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Yeah, basically. What ending is determined, is based off of a specific scene later on in the game. So, yeah you can potentially be able to get different endings on multiple playthroughs. At this point, however, I am thinking of including Multiple Save Files, but I am still contemplating that idea.

Multiple save files might be a good idea for this type of game. I like the idea of multiple endings too.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Multiple save files might be a good idea for this type of game. I like the idea of multiple endings too.

Yeah, I may end up doing that, because it seems appropriate for the kind of game that I am going for. I'll see if I can get it running and working alongside the custom scripts that I have.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Update: Hello all, sorry for not posting, finals have been keeping busy and stressed. But, without further adieu, I have an exciting new update, for those of you who like to read lengthy posts XD Number one, new artwork for a character that has been kind of been left in the dark, and has not gotten nearly as much screentime, or fan-time(?) as the other characters. This character was the one who got shunned, because she was Serena. However, since the original post a long time ago, I changed her name, story, and personality to match her new character. The artwork will be featured below, and I hope you all enjoy it! I am quite pleased with how she turned out.

Number two, a COMPLETE sprite sheet for Allan Monochroma has just been finished. That means: walking, running, surfing, diving, solo diving, flying in the sky for when you go to the Heavens Sanctuary on the Floating Island, Arcanine Riding Sprite, UNIQUE idle animations, such as his scarf blowing in the wind, sending out a Pokemon animation in the overworld, as well as an animated trainer sprite for when you battle him! It is definitely something extremely awesome, and I give big props to my spriter for putting in 300% effort into making his sprites! Honestly, I didn't expect him to do THAT much!

I will not be showing off Allan's sprites in this thread, but I will feature them in a trailer video for the Summer Public Beta for when I receive all the main character/villain sprites, and want to show off everything that will be included in it! Allan sadly will NOT be in the Summer Public Beta :( I am afraid that he is about... 20 hoursish into the game, depending on how fast you go through it.

Changelog:
  • Running animations have been changed to more closely resemble Pokemon Black and White's running animations, so that way they don't look like they still FR/LG sprites in disguise as BW Sprites. The running and walking now resembles Pokemon Black and White to a T, and as a result looks MUCH better.
  • Gameplay has been extended upwards to Skycrest City, but the City itself is not 100% finished, and that is because... making a city that is THAT massive is going to take my whole summer XD
IMPORTANT Side Note: So for those who contributed sprites or what-have-you, you all will be placed on the Closed Beta list for this summer, and I must advise that people DO NOT record the game, send it to other people who were not on the list, or post it to other sites, because if so, Dylan is not going to be a happy camper. Like... really not happy. Like... absolutely LIVID.

Krista Harper's True Appearance Revealed!

krista_harper_by_thedarkgateway-d8ujf2q.png

Yes, this is Krista's True identity! This is just at the end of her story arc, and decides to show everyone what she really looks like. There are some other reasons, but those would be considered spoilers, and no one likes those, right? She actually has a lot more to her, but you can't actually see it, just yet. Mainly because all you see right now is her front profile, and not other directional shots of her. Other angles of her will be posted, but for right now, this is all you get.

I basically wanted to make her look like she was a very beautiful, very refined young lady. Which basically is the complete opposite of her best friend Vivian, whom she has been living with in Lumia ever since she moved there, in search of her friend.

Let me know what you all think about Krista's True Identity. I wanted to give Krista more screentime for the forums, since she has been overshadowed by the others, as well as her hidden alias design.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Animation Update: I think this animation says it all, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnOJqKnWgCY

Side note: I cannot change anything in the animation, so if there is something you don't like about it... I'm afraid that it's a finished product, and the only person who can make the changes, is not me.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Update: Hey guys! I know it's been awhile since the last time I posted anything about my game, aside from the anime animation (which there will be more of), and some new tidbits of information here and there. However, I am almost finished recovering from the financial problems that my family has been going through these past few weeks, as well as my depression that has been oh-so present for longer than necessary. New changes to my game have been made.

All the old maps that were made back in 2014 have been revised and completely redone to help match my new style, and have been vastly improved overall. Namira Village has been fully completed, aside from the indoor areas. Ivory Harbor and Skycrest City are the only maps that remain to be completed for the ENTIRE 1st Continent to be finished. WOOO! Now... 3 more to go... yay? Well, at least the northern continent is going to be the easiest since there is only 4 towns, and a few areas few and far between. And, the southern continent is optional, so you don't need to go there to finish the game.

New scripts have been started, including... Overlimit!~ That is right, the feature that I have been talking about for awhile has now been officially started, and once it is finished, I will discuss it's mechanics in a video, among the other script changes that have been made, which are listed below. Mej has worked hard at making these new scripts work, and they will be finished sometime within the next couple of weeks!

• Costumes
  • Rideable Pokemon - Sky, Surf (Krista Only), and Land
  • New Battle Mechanics to help support the change in gameplay formula.
  • All Encouragement Effects
  • Character Abilities (All of them)
  • Lead Pokemon

Box Art Update, because... why not?: Because I had nothing else better to do, and a person on dA that I have been following for awhile now decided to make something cool for me, and it turned out to be the "Box-Art" for my game. I wanted to do a real-life mockup with it, but, I just don't have time for that, now do I?

Spoiler:

Real Life Probs:So, as some of you know, or may not know, I have been going through some bad depression as of recently, among other things... Also, I have been having a terrible situation with financial problems, in regards to things I would prefer to not talk about. Because of that, I am now working 2 jobs, well, technically 3 if you count YouTube. So, to help pay off the debt that was caused only 3 weeks ago, I have decided to take it upon myself to allocate a lot of my Summer to working harder. So, I may not have time to work on my game nearly as much as I used to, especially with my depression that I am still recovering from, so forgive me for being tardy on updates. Depression happens to the best of us, unfortunately :(

Also, if you haven't already watched the anime animation for my game, check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnOJqKnWgCY

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
Keep your head up hopefully working on this game can take your mind off those things that have been troubling you best of luck and keep up the good work.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Keep your head up hopefully working on this game can take your mind off those things that have been troubling you best of luck and keep up the good work.

It's been kind of hard as of lately, especially with managing 2 jobs at the same time. But, I am getting there, hopefully.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Update: I am gonna skip the introduction and just say this: The first 2 pages for my manga have been finalized, and toned, and are now available for people to read. I am not releasing all of the pages to the manga adaptation of my game all at once, and I will instead have it released in intervals, courtesy of my manga artist. It's been awhile since I came here, and I only came here to mention a few things, before I go and try to get my life problems back in order. Especially since I now added another job onto my Summer schedule, to help get my life back in order. So, for those of you who care, here is the first 2 pages of the manga for my game:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The rest will be uploaded as time goes by, since they are currently being finalized and toned.

Other Stuff: So, how about that game progress, you may ask? It's been going alright, especially since I found a happy-medium to balance both of my jobs, and working on my game. Progress on the first continent is about 85% completed. All that's left is the biggest city in the game: Skycrest City (see the anime animation for reference to what it is), and the Oblivion Forest Sanctuary.

Status on Life: So far, I managed to pay off all of the previous issues that have gone on in my personal life, and with that all taken care of, I can finally go about my life without worrying about debt in my family. However, I cannot say with confidence that my depression has gotten any better, especially with other daily stresses such as my parents health and whatnot being something that has been looming over me the past month.

That said, I will try to get whatever I can shown off for my game, whenever my schedule can allow it.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Update: Hello again everyone! Sorry that I have been gone for quite a while, I have been super busy as per usual. But, I have another page of my manga to show to all of you, as well as the largest map in my entire game. I hope you all enjoy the 3rd page of my manga!

Spoiler:

Skycrest City - Central Sector: Also, sorry for the awkward cropping on the image, the screenshots were made one after the other, and the map is a 100x200 map of 3 parts. This is the first part, also known as the Central Sector. Each sector is a 100x200 sized map, which act as a "pseudo-circular" city. In the official artwork for the game, the city is indeed a circular structure in the middle of a giant valley with lush forests bordering it, however, due to graphical limitations of RPG Maker XP, and with the limitations of there not being 3D, you are not able to explore the opposite side of the city, unfortunately. Also, the Skycrest Castle is still being worked on, and it resides at the top-most part of the city. At the very center of the city, and the castle, resides Ultima Tower, which is the Colosseum where Gym Leaders and the Elite Four come to battle.

Also, each sector has it's own unique season. The central sector is Summer, the western sector is spring with Cherri Blossom trees, and the eastern sector is autumn with fall trees. There is still more to be finished with the Central Sector itself, but I thought that I would show you guys some progress on its creation.

29087a7a3a8492a45d82f531baf2492e.png

492471e39e90707123c74a8680e49083.png

Official artwork for Skycrest City:

Spoiler:

Side Note: Because this city is so huge and so stressful to make, critiques will be ignored. It's just one of those kinds of maps that if I change one thing, a whole bunch of other things need to be adjusted, and I DO NOT want to do that all over again.

Last edited:

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Simply AMAZING! As a fan of big maps, I find this map genial. The way you positioned the buildings, the trees and the fountains is a triumph of geometry.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Simply AMAZING! As a fan of big maps, I find this map genial. The way you positioned the buildings, the trees and the fountains is a triumph of geometry.

I'm glad you like it. And yeah, symmetry is kind of something that I emphasize a lot in my city areas, or special locations. However, I am still working on perfecting this map, and adjusting some very minor things, so that it looks a little better in my eyes.

Side note for other people who read this: I am currently taking up programming classes, just for this game; that includes: Ruby, Java, and C++. The last two are definitely not required for RPG Maker XP, since it uses Ruby, but, I decided to start learning some programming magic for myself ;)

mde2001

Pokemon Industrial Developer
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
That map looks incredible and so does the game. Keep up the great work.

Back