• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help my UU* Gen. 5 Team?

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
*UU based on my asumptions, as tiers for both PC and Smogon are not yet set in stone. All of these, with the possible exception of Jellicent (in which case, I'd use Milotic), have no real place being put anywhere other than UU or NU.

Crustle (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shell Smash
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

An odd lead. Crustle is the type of Pokemon that has 2 sets that are used fairly often. One is the typical Stealth Rock/Spikes variety, and the other is the sweeper. This is a combination. If a Magic Coater comes out, I will simply start Shell Smashing, then attempting to sweep, unless they get lucky with powerful priority hits. If it's something like Alakazam or Whimsicott trying to sleep me, then I will attempt to take it out with X-Scissor while my Lum Berry prevents the sleep.

---

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Boil Over
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Typical Jellicent. Water Absorb for Water Immunity, Boil Over and Shadow ball for STAB coverage, Will-O-Wisp for other stubborn walls, and recover to help last longer.

---

Audino (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regeneration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

A wall many people underestimate, and based on my experiences on PokemonOnline, it will cost them. Audino is the Chansey of this generation, albeit with weaker stats. If it ever evolves, I have no doubts it will surpass Blissey. Wish And Protect make a horribly evil combination on any pokemon. But one that can typically take a choice banded close combat from an UU Fighting Type? Even more deadly. Flamethrower is there instead of Return or something similar for two reason. 1 - So that Audino is not walled by steel, rock, or ghost types. And 2 - A chance to burn an enemy that is attempting to set up (like a Swords Dancing Scizor). Like Most Walls, Toxic to cover walls that may be fighting against them. Unfortunately, a Heal Bell/Wish combo Audino is illegal, as both are egg moves from different parents. Typically, I'd have chose Heal Bell over Wish, but with the changes tO Wish, Audino can toss massive Wishes to teammates when I know an enemy switch will occur, expecting a protect, or a stat up move will, or when Audino is fainted after using Wish.

---

Swoobat (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psycho Shock
- Shadow Ball
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

A new UU sweeper I rarely see, but has quite a bit of potential. Specs allows it to OHKO most things that it manages to get a super effective hit against, and it's speed allows it to actually compete with most of the UU pokemon.

---

Mienshao (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Regeneration
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Payback
- U-turn

Typicaly Physical Sweeper... Not much to be said.

---

Cryogonal @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Explosion

I needed a Rapid Spinner that was actually fast, and one that I wouldn't claw my eyes out over because it couldn't dent a thing. This is where Cryogonal came in. It's special attack is quite nice, as is it's special defense. It's speed is quite amazing, and well, it'll probably be the new premiere Rapid Spinner in UU whenever the tiers are finally decided.

---

Anyway, that's that. I'm looking for opinions on improving the team. The ONLY pokemon I for sure want to keep are Crustle and Audino. All others can be suggested for replacing, or changing moves/etc.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
It saddens me that you include no Quiver Dance on your team. :[ Since I play in OU always, I can never use her, but you can quite well! Venemoth would be perfect for you, just get rid of Swoobat.

Venemoth @ Life Orb
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- HP Ground

Just powder whatever comes in, set up on the switch, then spam Tinted Lens and Life Orb'd boosted Bug buzz's everywhere. That will really do some damage, even after one Quiver Dance.

I also recommend this because you have no boosting sweepers. Crustle is too slow, and then chances that you will get two boosts to actually outspeed something are abysmal.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
If I were to use a Quiver Dancer, it'd be Butterfree, being as even after five generations, it's still my favorite Pokemon. :3 And yes, I know that Venomoth is superior in every regard. Though, it is quite a nice idea. Maybe I could train both, and just alternate, being as Venomoth is my sister's favorite pokemon. XD

While looking through the new Pokemon stats, I was really saddened at the lack of Physical Sweepers that will be competent enough to use in UU without a Choice Band or Scarf. It was a problem before, and it's still a problem. >_<

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
Years
Actually Butterfree would be a better option as it gets Compound Eyes which guarantees Sleep Powder to work.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
If I were to use a Quiver Dancer, it'd be Butterfree, being as even after five generations, it's still my favorite Pokemon. :3 And yes, I know that Venomoth is superior in every regard. Though, it is quite a nice idea. Maybe I could train both, and just alternate, being as Venomoth is my sister's favorite pokemon. XD

While looking through the new Pokemon stats, I was really saddened at the lack of Physical Sweepers that will be competent enough to use in UU without a Choice Band or Scarf. It was a problem before, and it's still a problem. >_<

Forgive me if I'm wrong because I don't really play UU, but Terakion is incredible as a SD/RP sweeper. It doesn't ~need~ to use any kind of choice, though it's excellent with.

Back