• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS Question] Development of Sword/Shield PBS Files?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Ohio
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Hi everyone! Earlier today most of the data on the new Pokemon leaked, including their moves/stats/abilities/evolution method and more.

I was thinking about starting to add all the Gen 8 Pokemon into the PBS file format with all the information we know so far. Is anyone already working on these? Just want to make sure I don't do all that work, only to find out it has already been done. 😅

By all means, if anyone wants to join me in making Gen 8 stuff, feel free! I'm just starting at Grookey and making my way through. And for those curious, here are links to all the leaked data:

Pokedex #001 - 598: https://pastebin.com/Cyg8Rp53
Pokedex #599 - 890: https://pastebin.com/c6EFsDjr

Years
This sounds like something I would like to help with, luckily there is not a lot of new Pokemon so this shouldn't be too difficult.
Is there a point you would like me to start at, or do you want me to just write them up individually and send them to you so you can compile it all into 1 file?

Edit: I just scrolled down a bit and stopped on Arrokuda, so I guess I will start there and go down.

Last edited:

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
We got Cries & Pokemon Icons.. waiting on Smogon to make Sprites tho.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
We got Cries & Pokemon Icons.. waiting on Smogon to make Sprites tho.

Only major problem is that icons of many Gen8 Pokémon without evolutions as well as icons of Gen8 Pokémon which are a final form of a small Pokémon such as Thievul are large, making many of them unsuitable for use in 64x64 size. For me, I just increased the canvas size for them to 80x80 to solve it (But leaves 8 icons tweaked). Also, I have done the Abilities PBS file.
For moves how they work (Not descriptions, look at https://pastebin.com/raw/UEGHVpw8 But it is way too difficult)

Last edited:
Years
Since the leaked Pokemon stats lack some information such as gender ratio, base happiness, base EXP, rareness, shape, habitat, and kind I will add a '@' in those locations so when the information becomes available it will be easy to find all the areas in the Pokemon.txt file that needs to be updated using the search function. The same will apply to Evolution methods that are not clearly stated.

Edit: The pastebin files also list 2 dex entries for the Pokemon (I assume one for Shield and one for Sword), I have been only adding the first one to the Pokemon PBS file.

Last edited:
Years
I made the Dynamax Cannon PBS file but not the function code (ZZZ will be your last number) (XXX will be function code)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I'm currently making for my game PBS files for Gen8 moves.

In addition, I'm currently working on adding PBS files data for Gen8 Pokémon as well. Currently doing Rookidee

Last edited:

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
PBS files for Gen8:

Requirements

1. You must have PBS data for Gen6 and Gen7 moves and abilities and the Fairy type as well. They're not included.
2. For functions code that start with the number 2 are function codes that must be defined by yourself (They must correspond to the effect that explains in the description)

What this won't give

1. Pre-Gen8 data
2. Updates to older Pokémon
3. Galarian forms for older Pokémon
4. Shape property (So only supports V16 without modifying)

Keep in mind

1. You evolve Milcery into Alcremie with Shiny Stone
2. You evolve Sinistea into Polteageist with Dusk Stone
3. You evolve Applin with Leaf Stone

Have Fun!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023

I added a Shape of 12 to every Pokémon frorm your file... It works, I guess

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Sep 12, 2020
has anyone started coding the ability/move effects in sword/shield?
if not I'm gonna do a bunch of coding tomorrow and I might as well do some current gen stuff.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Ohio
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
PBS files for Gen8:

Requirements

1. You must have PBS data for Gen6 and Gen7 moves and abilities and the Fairy type as well. They're not included.
2. For functions code that start with the number 2 are function codes that must be defined by yourself (They must correspond to the effect that explains in the description)

What this won't give

1. Pre-Gen8 data
2. Updates to older Pokémon
3. Galarian forms for older Pokémon

Keep in mind

1. You evolve Milcery into Alcremie with Shiny Stone
2. You evolve Sinistea into Polteageist with Dusk Stone
3. You evolve Applin with Leaf Stone

Have Fun!!!

This is incredible! Thank you so much!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Ohio
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
How far have the updates come along? I fixed a few typos and added the proper Shape values to each entry. (At least how I think the Shapes would be--I don't think SwSh has body shapes in the Pokedex anymore). I attached the Gen 8 portion of my PBS file for reference

Attachments

• Gen 8 PBS edits.txt
    66.1 KB · Views: 70

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024

Quick Update

I have done some changes to the PBS files (Pokémon.txt mostly) to fix up some bugs I had found. Be sure to download the newest version of the PBS files as the old ones will be removed. Thank you for your patience

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I added Evolution Items that found from serebii.net/swordshield/evolution.shtml, but I notice there're made of few mistakes. Please let me know if there any:
  • Applin evolve into Flapple using the Tart Apple or Appletun using the Sweet Apple, not with Leaf Stone.
  • Sinistea evolve into Polteageist using with Cracked Pot or a Chipped Pot if is Rare form, not with Dusk Stone.
  • Milcery evolve into Alcremie when holding a Berry Sweet, Clover Sweet, Flower Sweet, Love Sweet, Ribbon Sweet, Star Sweet, or Strawberry Sweet, and spinning during the day or night, not with Shiny Stone.

NOTE:We don't has an evolution script for Milcery yet anyway.

Spoiler:

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I added Evolution Items that found from serebii.net/swordshield/evolution.shtml, but I notice there're made of few mistakes. Please let me know if there any:
  • Applin evolve into Flapple using the Tart Apple or Appletun using the Sweet Apple, not with Leaf Stone.
  • Sinistea evolve into Polteageist using with Cracked Pot or a Chipped Pot if is Rare form, not with Dusk Stone.
  • Milcery evolve into Alcremie when holding a Berry Sweet, Clover Sweet, Flower Sweet, Love Sweet, Ribbon Sweet, Star Sweet, or Strawberry Sweet, and spinning during the day or night, not with Shiny Stone.

NOTE:We don't has an evolution script for Milcery yet anyway.

Spoiler:

Thanks but I used stones, like how my game use because people might not want to add the new items. I always update it assuming you won't put the new items

Last edited:

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
UPDATE!!!
After spending some time improving Gen8 on Kore, I'm ready to introduce the newest Gen8 Pack.

What it includes?

Look for spoilers for info about them:
Spoiler:

Have fun with this big update

Attachments

• Gen8-Abilities.txt
    3 KB · Views: 121
  • Gen8-Items.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 130
  • Gen8-Morphes.txt
    14.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Gen8-Pokemon.txt