Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Old 1 Week Ago (7:19 PM).

Nature: Serious
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Himuraforever View Post
    Hey guys! I just joined this site, and I want to join this club! How do I go about doing so?

I'm relatively new to shiny hunting in general, so my list will be pretty short, but I just have a question before I can do so (in the middle of a long battle): How long should you go on an S.O.S. battle before giving up on getting a shiny?
    hey, and welcome to the club. you can post your shiny here. i think the rules are in page one.

about SOS. i do shiny hunt SOS, but i don't really set when i should give up on shiny. however, hunting shiny by SOS is rather easier than other method. i averagely get shiny within 2-3 hours, but it can be shorter or longer depending on your luck. i have ever experienced for 3 days hunting shiny too. i usually give up when i have appointment which force me to end the hunt. i don't know about the others though.

Obtained: Alola: 157/285, National: 345/791

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (7:26 PM).

I'm not exactly sure how sos works. I think that you have to do a chain of 40 for your odds to be the lowest they can be. Then just keep encountering Pokémon. I've also heard that every Pokémon has the same increased odds. Either way I'd say go until you either get a shiny or until you are tired of it and want to do something else. Not many options in Gen 7 though.

Anyways just found a second shiny Mareep in only 209 hordes. Got a crit capture with a dive ball as well. Evolving to Flaaffy.
      Old 1 Day Ago (5:24 PM). Edited 1 Day Ago by sater10.

Nature: Serious
        i didn't have so much luck in hunting shiny these weeks. here are some new shinies i could catch nearly two weeks.
        - shiny feebass almost 3 days that i gave up breeding for shellos and Trapinch
        - shiny Lanturn with almost 12 hours of hunting within 2 phases
        - shiny Fletchinder nearly 24 hours. hell serebii says it is unlikely, but for me it was rare caller
        - shiny caterpie, now butterfree. i got it quick like 1/2 hours
        - shiny Pinsir. i got like nearly 3 days straight for this shiny. but worth it with rare caller rate and low encounter rate
        - shiny Paras. so annoying with nearly a day full of hunting
        - shiny Bonsly with nearly 12 hours. now evolved to Sudowoodo
        - shiny Cranidos. got him from my leftover eggs before starting hunting at Lush Jungle. now going to phase 2 for Rampardos.

currently i'm pending the SOS hunt cause i feel terrible luck for it recently. now focusing on breeding those whose evolution line i cannot find within Melee Melee and Akala. excluding the ones you can find at other islands.

Obtained: Alola: 157/285, National: 345/791
        Quick Reply

Sponsored Links