• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Day of Silence

Support?

• Total voters

Stairmaster

Banned
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 31, 2010
Just wondering, how big is the sheet of paper? Because if it's not noticeable/legible then I don't see how it would mean anything to anyone who isn't participating.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Same. Sadly, I had to go without the shirt this year because by the time I was convinced to support it this year, the shirts were sold out. I had the paper though, that's something, and at least I attempted really hard to do the right thing. ^_^ I didn't use the tape either, simply because I can't breathe through my nose that well all the time.

I thought that the duct tape was stupid, and went without it. :P

Just wondering, how big is the sheet of paper? Because if it's not noticeable/legible then I don't see how it would mean anything to anyone who isn't participating.

A little bigger than the picture in the first post.

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
3: No Children working. Why can't children work, I am working it is savory that is wrong, and god saved the jews out of Egyptian savory.
Not that I'm a big fan of going off topic, but do you know what child labor even is/was? I'm also thinking you meant slavery, not savory.

Anyway, teenager =/= child. Child labor is talking children as young as three working on coal mines, factories, cotton mills, the like. They would work for at least 12 hours a day and be vastly underpaid for their services. A majority of children would be injured or even killed given whatever their job was.

But, like I said, this is off topic. >_>

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Not that I'm a big fan of going off topic, but do you know what child labor even is/was? I'm also thinking you meant slavery, not savory.

Anyway, teenager =/= child. Child labor is talking children as young as three working on coal mines, factories, cotton mills, the like. They would work for at least 12 hours a day and be vastly underpaid for their services. A majority of children would be injured or even killed given whatever their job was.

But, like I said, this is off topic. >_>

Yeah, I don't even know how it got this off-topic, but you are right. I would've said Teenager if I meant teenagers.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
1: African American Rights.- The bible said all men are created equal and so did the consitution, some people just chose to be not moral.
2: Women Rights. same as the first
3: No Children working. Why can't children work, I am working it is savory that is wrong, and god saved the jews out of Egyptian savory.
4: Minimal Wage- how dose this have to due with morals?!?
5: Universal Health Care.
many people believe this is un constitutional and not moral so it hasen't change it just means some people are acting un moral.

Wow, they chose to be immoral? Just... wow.

Thats like saying a person chooses to like apple juice more than orange juice or visa versa.

Oh, I have a question for anyone who is against gay marriage. If it is a religious thing that makes it wrong for them to be married, how come atheists can get married?

1. Where do I get started? Lets go with separation of Church and State.
2. Goodie, more room.
3. That is only about morals. I think someone has already posted some details on that.
4. Similar idea as three, but different enough. People weren't being paid enough to live past the necessities. Then eventually a change in how importance the morality of that situation kicked it and required certain wages rather than just treating as the norm, which is how almost all changes in morality take place.
5. Wait, you think adding a small, if any, extra burden on everyone for the sake of allowing as many people as possible to get that all important health insurance is immoral?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Separation of church, and state was made to protect the churches from the government in fear of people who think they can change morals. (that's the whole reason they left Europe to reach religious freedom.)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
@NA Yeah. The Constitution says this.

Constitution said:
Freedom of Religion
This also means Freedom from Religion.

But how did this thread get, so far off-topic? Maybe it should be renamed to "Morals Thread".

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
No I hate it when people try to compare civil rights movement to homosexuality. Being black isn't a sin. You are born black, you aren't born gay(weather you don't want to believe that with your twisted logic ,or not; you are not born gay)

Blacks where being oppressed and, not allowed in cretin schools. If your gay, you can still go to a straight school. No madder how much bullying you got for being gay, it was a 1000 times worse for blacks; so saying that it was the same thing is mest up to all the African Americans who fought for equality.

^ I believe this is the origin of the off-topic'ness, after rooting through all of the pages. Most religion-based conversation seems to have started on what NarutoActor has stated here.

I slept all day, by the way. Does that count as being "silent"?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I was quoting somebody, so you can root it farther, don't try to blame me sister. :P

But you went on to mention "sin" which bounced into the religion subject.

So as far as I can tell, you having mentioned "sin" is the root, since afterwards, it forced Luck to mention pork and shellfish, which forced into a Catholic talk, which just introduced religion altogether.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Separation of church, and state was made to protect the churches from the government in fear of people who think they can change morals. (that's the whole reason they left Europe to reach religious freedom.)

Thats funny, because it wasn't anything like that. It was, in fact, the opposite. It was meant to protect the government from the influence of a single religious group, therefore protecting the right of Freedom of Religion among the people. The latter of your statement also proves false in common thought, since the reason that they left wasn't because the governments weren't effecting the Churchs as much as the Churchs had so much influence in some governments that they could force people to believe their religion, like in the Spanish Inquisition.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
Years
No, let's not rename it, let's just get back on topic then, heh. I don't want this thread to get locked. D: Anyway, yeah.

My only trouble I had during the DoS was yesterday at Lunch. It was a joke, but even so I didn't like it. My friend Travis jokingly took away my card and told me I'd have to say something to get it back. It was just a joke, but then this idiot named Drew came along, and he would have made Travis rip it, so I had to speak a little today, but after that I was silent for the whole school day after. I felt bad though, next time I want to definitely bring more than one card in case that happens. D: And the shirt.

See, to not to the teachers, we had to show some form of proof we were supporting DoS. That paper was my only proof.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years

But you went on to mention "sin" which bounced into the religion subject.

So as far as I can tell, you having mentioned "sin" is the root, since afterwards, it forced Luck to mention pork and shellfish, which forced into a Catholic talk, which just introduced religion altogether.

You could of left it alone, you chose to argue it, which created the problem. If you guys where truly so accepting then you would of excepted my opinion and left it be.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
You could of left it alone, you chose to argue it, which created the problem. If you guys where truly so accepting then you would of excepted my opinion and left it be.

While you're in the process of editing your post, you should edit spelling errors, too. They're plentiful.

In any case, your "logic" had several flaws that others decided to voice their opinion about. Technically, they, too, are at fault, but on a matter of religion, a lot of people get stingy and have various opinions. Why you should be the only one to voice your opinion on how religion affects rights is beyond me.

chadgraphix

the Fame.
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2011
I would just like to point out that the "Yes" votes are outvoting the "No" votes.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013

Why say it if you wish it to be ignored rather than seen as what it is, a controversial topic that will be argued just because its a controversial topic of its type?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
No, let's not rename it, let's just get back on topic then, heh. I don't want this thread to get locked. D: Anyway, yeah.

My only trouble I had during the DoS was yesterday at Lunch. It was a joke, but even so I didn't like it. My friend Travis jokingly took away my card and told me I'd have to say something to get it back. It was just a joke, but then this idiot named Drew came along, and he would have made Travis rip it, so I had to speak a little today, but after that I was silent for the whole school day after. I felt bad though, next time I want to definitely bring more than one card in case that happens. D: And the shirt.

See, to not to the teachers, we had to show some form of proof we were supporting DoS. That paper was my only proof.

That's mean. Even if it is a joke.

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
The day I "died" for the drunk driving demonstration, my friends came up to me all day like "If you're dumb say nothing hurrrr." I ended up speaking with my middle finger instead of my voice most of the day.

Back