• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Need some Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinkita

RAWR!
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
I've got a lot of questions and I really need some answers
Questions in Bold still need an answer/elaboration.

What does a macho brace do?
What is the best way to get Battle Points in the Battle tower?
What is a good team for the Battle tower?
How do you get Spiritomb?What is chaining?What is the best way to get money?
How can I get a specific egg move onto my Pokemon?
What's so good about events?How do IV's work?
What is the best place to EV train?(for each stat)
How do you obtain events?Why do some people have Arceus, but everyone says its not out yet.What are the trainers you can battle with in the Battle Tower, and how do you get them?Is there any other masterballs in the game?What does custap berry do?Where can I obtain Amulet Coin?
Where can I obtain the Lucky Egg?
What is an example of a balanced EV team?
What's good about Custap Berries?
What are the rare berries?
Can you elaborate how to evolve Feebas?
How do you forget HM moves...?

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
Years
Chaining:
Diamond and pearl FAQ Pokemon/Item locations. Various FAQs 3rd post

Macho Brace:
Doubles EVs received but halves speed

Spiritomb:
Meet 32 people undergorund, then get the odd keystone from guy on the route to the left of hearthome city, then go to route 209 and use the keystone with the crumbled tower. Spiritomb is inside.

Events:
Events are rare pokemon only obtained through specific events throughout the world. In simpler words: Cannot be received easily. People want them more because you get great pokemon for them.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
What does a macho brace do? It doubles the EV's obtained from battle.
What is the best way to get Battle Points in the Battle tower?Get a good set of Pokemon and keep defeating opponents. You start off by getting few BP, but if you continue defeating opponents without losing, you start getting more BP over time.
What is a good team for the Battle tower?I tend to prefer strong attackers with good Defences/Speed.
How do you get Spiritomb?Talk to 32 people in the Sinnoh Underground. This can be the same person 32 times, not 32 different people. Or, just go to the trade forum and ask for one.
What is chaining?That refers to using the PokeRadar to hunt for shiny Pokemon. If while using the radar you get a 'chain' of finding several Pokemon of the same species, the chance that the next one is shiny becomes greater.
What is the best way to get money?Defeat a lot of easy opponents while making your Pokemon hold Amulet Coins and/or Luck Incense.
How can I get a specific egg move onto my Pokemon?Get a male and a female Pokemon and put them in the Daycare. The resulting egg will be the lowest form of the female, and it will have all of the male's moves that can be passed down to it, including TM's. (ie. a male Roserade with Leaf Storm and Weather Ball breeds with a female Tangrowth. The resulting egg will hatch into a Tangela with Leaf Storm-Tangela is Tangrowth's lowest form, and Leaf Storm(and not Weather Ball) is an egg move.) Check serebii.net's Pokedex for a list of all possible egg moves.
What's so good about events?They're rare, I guess. I don't really care for them myself.
How do IV's work?Every Pokemon has an IV in each of its stats, ranging from 0 to 31. Obviously, the higher the IV the higher the stat will end up being.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
The Macho Brace halves your Pokemon's speed in battle, but it doubles the EVs gained after each battle.
Battling. ;x
A more offensely oriented team with one stable and good dual wall.
How do you get Spiritomb?
First, find an item called the Odd Keystone. It can be found lying around in the grounds of Sinnoh or can be dug up from the underground. Then, go to Route 209 and go to the old cracked well. Place the Odd Keystone inside the well.

You then would need to go underground to talk to at least 32 people wireless (as in real people, not the people programmed in the game; hikers who give you items don't count). So your friend has to be physically near you.

After that's done, go back to the well that was previously mentioned. You will battle a low-leveled Spiritomb.
What is chaining?
It is a method where trainers increase the odds of getting shiny Pokemon. It makes the Pokemon they encounter more common, in a totally legit way.
What is the best way to get money?
Get a job. Have a high leveled Meowth use Pay Day to win battles. Pickup allows it to pick up items during battles, Pay Day gives you extra money, and when you win the opponent gives you money.
Um... Breeding? Same egg type + move of choice = egg move on Pokemon.
What's so good about events?
You get rare and free Pokemon.
How do IV's work?
So I've maxed out all my EVs in my Salamence's Attack Stat. And I compared my Salamence's Attack stat with another one and that Salamence's Attack stat is still higher! What is happening? Well, you'd be surprised that the EVs of a Pokémon's stats! IVs are another value that can help a Pokémon get stronger. IV stands for Individual Values.

IVs in every stat (HP, Speed, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense) can range from a number of 0 – 31. Of course, the higher the number is – the better. IVs have the most effect on a Pokémon's stats. Take Shuckle for example. While measuring its Defense and Special Defense, you realize that there is a 75 Point difference! Shuckle's Defense and Special Defense stats are both at a sturdy 230, but how come there is such a broad difference in the stats?

IVs are determined by random on every pokémon except if you breed. When you breed, the IVs of the parents will influence the offspring to some degree. 3 out of 6 of the offsprings's IVs are based on the parents' IVs. The rest are determined randomly. For example, if you're breeding a male Camerupt with a female Camerupt, the male Camerupt may give their Attack and Speed IVs to the offspring while the female gives its HP IVs to the offspring. Occasionally if the IV value is the same on both parents, the same IVs for a stat will influence the child. Meaning that only 2 IVs of a stat will be given to the child.

Yes, IVs need a lot of time and patience, and a little bit of luck. So don't get mad if you get the bad babies, time is the answer...

To find out how many IVs your pokémon has, check out Metalkid's IV calculator.

Edit: lolbeat.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
Years
I've got a lot of questions and I really need some answers
Questions in Bold still need an answer.

It doubles the EV's obtained by a Pokemon but drops its speed as long as it holds it.

Keep a long streak without losing.

It really depends since teams are randomized. However, a strong and balanced EV team should work fine.

Meet 32 people (other than hikers) in the underground, then go to the crumbled tower and it will battle you.

What is chaining?

Chaining is systematically encountering the same Pokemon over and over using the Pokeradar. If you encounter 40 and up, your chances of encountering a shiny are 1/200.

Battle the 2 old people beside the trophy garden while having the lead pokemon hold the amulet coin.

Breed a male Pokemon with the Egg move with a Female Pokemon that is the desired Pokemon.

Ex. Male Smeargle with Thunder Punch + Female Infernape = Chimchar with Thunder Punch

They are usually only once in a lifetime and never occur again. They can also have attacks that cannot be obtain legitimately.

Ex. Darkrai with Roar of Time and Spacial Rend

How do IV's work?

A Pokemon is born with IVs that range from 0-31. 31 means that the stat cannot be any stronger and 0 means it is the weakest it can be. However, an IV battle and an IV calculator are required to calculate IVs.

EDIT:
HP: Nidoran (Route 201)
Attack: Machop (Route 207)
Def: Geodude (Route 206)
SAttack: Ralts (Route 203)
SDef: Tentacool (Every Water Route)
Spd: Zubat (Every Cave)

How do you obtain events?

Simply go to a Store (TRU, Gamestop) that is hosting the event, and using Mystery Gift, the Event can be downloaded to your game. Mystery Gift WiFi allows you to recieve events from the Nintendo WFC.

Why do some people have Arceus, but everyone says its not out yet.

Arceus can only be obtained by hacking. No official event allows you to obtain it yet. Those who have it have hacked for it.

What are the trainers you can battle with in the Battle Tower, and how do you get them?

This question is a bit difficult to understand, can you explain it?

Is there any other masterballs in the game?

Other than the one obtained by Cyrus, you can only get it in the lottery by matching up all 5 numbers.

All answers are in bold. Please ask any questions regarding the answers.

Last edited:

shinkita

RAWR!
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
Oh thanks, you know when you go to spark mountain and you see buck and you help him, then you can battle side by side with them in multi battles. what are the other people and how do you get them?

True Justice

Years
Oh thanks, you know when you go to spark mountain and you see buck and you help him, then you can battle side by side with them in multi battles. what are the other people and how do you get them?

To your new questions

The Custap Berry allows the Pokemon to move first once in a pinch.

The Amulet Coin is in Amity Square.

The Lucky Egg doubles EXP, which are held by Wild Chansey.

A balanced EV Team would be one EV trained in Attack/Special Attack and Speed (Infernape is a good Example), One in Def/Special Def (Bronzong), and one in HP and any other remaining (Blissey). These Pokemon are all in Overused so they stand pretty well in their given stats. That's my definition of it anyway.

The other people are people you are required to battle before you can get the Magma Stone to active Heatran. And you can't get them, you are stuck with Buck (rhyme not intended).

shinkita

RAWR!
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
To your new questions

The Custap Berry allows the Pokemon to move first once in a pinch.

The Amulet Coin is in Amity Square.

The Lucky Egg doubles EXP, which are held by Wild Chansey.

A balanced EV Team would be one EV trained in Attack/Special Attack and Speed (Infernape is a good Example), One in Def/Special Def (Bronzong), and one in HP and any other remaining (Blissey). These Pokemon are all in Overused so they stand pretty well in their given stats. That's my definition of it anyway.

The other people are people you are required to battle before you can get the Magma Stone to active Heatran. And you can't get them, you are stuck with Buck (rhyme not intended).
no you got me wrong -_-, Like if you do a multi battle in the Battle Tower and you don't go with a friend, you get to go to the Battle Salon to pick your partner. Who are all the possible partners and how do you get them? I can battle with Riley and Buck but I know there are others.

True Justice

Years
no you got me wrong -_-, Like if you do a multi battle in the Battle Tower and you don't go with a friend, you get to go to the Battle Salon to pick your partner. Who are all the possible partners and how do you get them? I can battle with Riley and Buck but I know there are others.

Because I'm not familiar with that Battle Tower feature, I'm not sure how it works. According to Serebii, you have to complete the event before you can battle along side them. Here's a link to the ones you are capable of getting along with the Pokemon they are capable of having: http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/tower.shtml

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023

Clickedy Click
Head to and complete each of those locations and they will turn up at BT when you're done.

It halves your speed and doubles EVs
Whichever mode you find easiest, I myself find single battle goes quickest.
Spoiler:

The Spiritomb Factor
What is chaining?
Always check the FAQ. Scroll down to Shadow Tail's post.
Amulet coin+Battling+Vs Seeker, or by selling the vitamins you can buy for 1 BP each for 4900.
Depends entirely on the pokemon and egg move. The general gist is that you have to breed a female of one species with a comapable male with the egg move. Go to serebii's pokex entry on each poke, scroll down to egg moves and click "Details" on the desired move for possible parents.
You get rare pokes for free, simple enough.
How do IV's work
IVs are assigned to each pokemon's stats randomly (Between 1 and 31). The higher the IV, the higher the stat. Through complex breeding they can be controlled and improved, but that's high level stuff.
Click here, find Shiny umbreon's Post
How do you obtain events?Why do some people have Arceus, but everyone says its not out yet.
You obtain events by going to the event. People obtained arceus by hacking, its the only way to do so atm.
What are the trainers you can battle with in the Battle Tower, and how do you get them?
Detailed above.
Is there any other masterballs in the game?
You have to get a 1st place in the lottery.
What does custap berry do?
Allows your poke to attack out of priority once when your health drops below 25%
Where can I obtain Amulet Coin?
Amity Square
Where can I obtain the Lucky Egg?
Wild Chansey
What is an example of a balanced EV team?
Physical Sweeper
Special Sweeper
Mixed Sweeper
Physical Wall
Special Wall
<Support Poke>
A support poke comes in many forms, but will be there to benefit the entire team. Examples include spinners, aromatherapists, and baton passers. Other pokes in the team can also fulfill support options, E.g Blissey is both a special wall and aromatherapist.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
1. You could have asked some of these questions in the D/P Q&A sticky thread.
2. Some of these questions have been answered in the D/P FAQ sticky. Look there before asking questions please.

-Locked-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back