• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Team

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2012
Posting the team i have got an idea about but if you have any choices or changes please do post them.

Lead : Metagross

Tank : Registeel

Tank 2 : Tyranitar or Salamance

Wall : Blissey

Wall : Bronzong

Sweeper : Ludicolo

please post suggestions on what i could change.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that if this is a competitive team, it'd be really useful if you could post the movesets, EVs, item, nature, etc of your planned Pokemon. It would make team rating significantly easier - we can't just rate a team when all we know is what Pokemon are in it. For all I know, they all just know Splash!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2012
Metagross : Lead
Moveset :
~ Stealth Rock
~ Meteor Mash / Earthquake
~ Bullet Punch
~ Explosion
Item : Lum Berry
Nature : Adamant
Evs : 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

Salamance : Wall breaker
Moveset :
~ Draco Meteor
~ Fire Blast
~ Outrage
~ Dragon Dance
Item : Life orb
Nature : Naive
Evs : 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Or
Ludicolo : Special Sweeper
Moveset :
~ Surf / Hydro Pump
~ Energy Ball
~ Ice Beam
~ Rain Dance
Item : Life orb
Nature : Modest
Evs : 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe

Registeel : Tank
Moveset :
~ Stealth Rock
~ Seismic Toss
~ Thunder Wave / Toxic
~ Shadow Claw / Iron Head
Item : Leftovers
Nature : Careful
EVs : 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Tyranitar : Tank
Moveset
~ Flamethrower
~ Ice Beam
~ Dark Pulse / Crunch / Thunderbolt
~ Superpower
Item : Expert Belt
Nature : Naive
Evs : 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe

Blissey : Special Wall
~ Softboiled
~ Seismic Toss / Ice Beam
~ Toxic / Thunder Wave
~ Ice Beam / Aromatherapy
Item : Leftovers / Shed Shell
Nature : Calm
Evs : 252 Def / 84 SpA / 172 SpD

Bronzong : Wall
Moveset :
~ Reflect
~ Light Screen
~ Gyro Ball / Earthquake
~ Explosion
Item : Light Clay
Nature : Relaxed
Evs : 252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD

N16

Expert Trainer
Years
I do not see the point in Ludicolo knowing rain dance if it is your only water pokemon.
Also, I don't like Salamence's EV spread. Draco Meteor will lower the spec attack after use and its the only special attack. I would ditch it, invest 252 in attack instead and replace it with a move like crunch for type coverage. I have to go soon so I'll comment on the rest of the team later.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I do not see the point in Ludicolo knowing rain dance if it is your only water pokemon.
Also, I don't like Salamence's EV spread. Draco Meteor will lower the spec attack after use and its the only special attack. I would ditch it, invest 252 in attack instead and replace it with a move like crunch for type coverage. I have to go soon so I'll comment on the rest of the team later.
Crunch doesn't offer a lot of coverage. Use Earthuquake or Brick Break instead. (this Salamence variant was seen in Gen IV to be used with Rayquaza)

Or if this is the wallbreaking set you're looking for:
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Brick Break/Earthquake
-Outrage/Roost
Nature: Rash/Naive
EVs: 116 Atk/252 SAtk/176 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
So I'm thinking that this is a Gen V team since Salamence is banned in OU in Gen IV. If that's the case, then there are a few things I wanted to mention...

Firstly Explosion got nerfed in the transition from Gen V to Gen IV and you should avoid running it if you can. It's a really weak attack now. :( Ludicolo + Tyranitar is really ineffective, as well as the fact that Ludicolo's rain weakens Salamence's wallbreaking potential with Fire Blast. I'd rather use a different Pokémon than try to run Ludicolo because it's likely just going to mess with your team rather than aid it. Last thing: if this is a Gen V team, Bronzong is definitely not supposed to be setting up Screens - I'd rather use something incredibly efficient like Deoxys-S to do that. Instead, I'd rather use Zong's standard set to help check things like Sand sweepers (ie Excadrill and Landorus).

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Sassy (+SpD, -Spe)
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD - IVs: 2 Spe (for HP Ice)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Also keep in mind that if this is a Gen IV team, most of my comments are null and void though you'll have to find a replacement for Salamence since it is banned in Gen IV. Good luck with your team!

Back