• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Priority render problem

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Hi ! I hope I'm in the right forum for this question : I'm making a game with a friend using Pokémon Essentials v20.1 (and RPG Maker XP but I don't think I need to precise that), and while making a map with a custom tileset and testing the "priority" of the tileset, I encountered a bug.

The bug is that, whenever I move up or down (and only in those directions), the tiles of priority 1 overlap the entities (events) on the map... What I mean is that it "flashes" over the event when I move up or down, and then go back to its normal place (below the event).

Does anyone knows why it does that ? Maybe I didn't understand how it's supposed to work, but I thought priority 1 (and maybe 2 and 3 I don't know) was when a tile is above the event which is on the same tile, and below the event from lower tiles...
(I'll explain with a simple drawing what I mean)
BugExplain.png

If anyone can explain me why this "bug" occurs, and how I can get rid of it, I'll be really really thankfull ! :) Thank you in advance for your help !

Back