• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I have a fully written up draft for a dinosaur RP that can be submitted at any time.
It's more based on Jurassic Park than on Dinotopia though.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Dinotopia style could be awesome. What was that program where settlers went back in time and lived in a world of dinosaurs in a tiny village things? That kind of idea would be cool too ><.

Attack on Titan is super too, although not sure how those fast moving acrobatics will translate into writing. It'll seem weirdly long winded.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I think you are talking about the tv show Terra Nova?

Yes that! Had a good air of mystery. A roleplay inspired by Terra Nova and/or Lost would be intriguing :< although I'd probably ruin allll the mysteries if I was hosting. I just want to share them all aha.

Travelling back in time to a land before man, battered and crumbling ruins, hieroglyphs, lit up forest in the darkness of night... *waves arms mysteriously*

Years
The dinosaur RP I mentioned before that I have already got written up is kind of like that. The basic plot is that a plane crashes on an island inhabited by dinosaurs and the survivors of the crash are forced to live there dealing with the constant threat of the dinosaurs as well as a need for supplies.

Eventually they'd establish a small village of sorts as a base camp as they tried to find a way to contact the mainland. If that sounds close enough to what you guys are after I can post the full thing in the Review thread for you to take a look at and we could organise some co-Gming or something.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
@gimmepie: I would definitely like to take a look at it! Although I'm not sure if I would be suitable as a co-GM. Nonetheless, definitely interested!

Fairytale1515

Go To Sleep~
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Hi everyone! I'm relatively new to this site, and I want to start Roleplaying, seeing as how I want to be a writer when I get older and this is the perfect practice. :3 Does anyone have any suggestions for which Roleplays I could join? I've already requested to join one named Youkai Academy, that I absolutely loved the plot line to, but maybe an RP that's not started? That could be easier. Thanks. :)

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Hello Fairytale, and let me say welcome to the RPC! As I'm sure many others will, if you're looking for RPs to join the easiest way is to check The Roleplay Library It has a nice list of most current Roleplays and specifically list fairly new ones. The only one it might not be showing that I'm aware of is one I just so happen to be Co-GMing called NetOps: World Three rising. Because it was only just accepted, it would definitely appeal to you if you're a Megaman fan, especially a fan of the Battle Network series. But since we obviously consider it an interesting universe regardless of the Megaman attachment we've done our best to make it so anyone can jump in so please take a look.

Whatever you do I'm sure you'll be satisfied with the fun you have here, there are so many wonderful stories to dive right into and just about everyone here is so nice and looking to have the same fun themselves. It's hard not to enjoy yourself and feel loved here, at least that's the way I see it ^_^

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hi everyone! I'm relatively new to this site, and I want to start Roleplaying, seeing as how I want to be a writer when I get older and this is the perfect practice. :3 Does anyone have any suggestions for which Roleplays I could join? I've already requested to join one named Youkai Academy, that I absolutely loved the plot line to, but maybe an RP that's not started? That could be easier. Thanks. :)

Hi! Have a look at the latest posts here to find the most recent roleplays. Glad to see you've already settled in and joined Youkai though!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 6, 2014
Hey. I'm afraid that I might be a a nuisance, but I've come here to advertise mah rp :3. If I'm rude, you have every right to tell me to die, but I'd like to have some peeps rp with meh. Its called genome, and the ooc is currently posted in the rp lounge. Feel free to fill out a char sheet :D

Last edited:

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Hey. I'm afraid that I might be a a nuisance, but I've come here to advertise mah rp :3. If I'm rude, you have every right to tell me to die, but I'd like to have some peeps rp with meh. Its called genome, and the ooc is currently posted in the rp lounge. Feel free to fill out a char sheet :D

Your advertisements will usually go over better if you provide a link.

Also, there is absolutely no problem with shamelessly plugging your RPs in this thread. Just try not to do it too much.

Years
@Magic and Jeg - I'll post it in the review thread today. If I were to submit it I'd want somebody to co-GM since I'm working on two more RPs I want to submit as well as already GMing Hoenn Diaries. I know it wasn't that long ago that I was GMing six RPs but I have prac starting in Autumn.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Nice to meet ya, Fairytale! As a fellow writer-to-be, I'd like to extend to you a warm welcome. Sadly, there aren't too many new RPs right now that haven't already started, but I can assure you that most, if not all, of the community is quite willing to help if you feel daunted by anything. As Lord Sephear has mentioned, him and I have recently posted up a new RP (you can read more about it below) and there also another new RP called Genome that was accepted at the same time as our new RP. There are also a ton of currently in-progress RPs that are awesome. Youkai Academy is indeed one of them, so I'm glad that you are trying out for it.

Now, perhaps you are more into the SciFi scene. Well then, do I have a treat for you. Me and my cohort, Lord Sephear, have made the effort to bring to you a new RP that, as far as we know, has never been done on PC before. We wish to present to you NetOps: World Three Rising! This RP is the realization of what would happen in the Megaman Battle Network series if Lord Wily had not turned good. Players take on the role of a student in an elite academy for teenagers that trains them to fight cyberterrorism. They do this through the help of cellphone-like devices called PETs, where they have a special artificial intelligence known as a Net Navigator, NetNavi or Navi for short, to traverse the internet and electronic devices. If this piques your interest then come and visit the OOC here.

Last edited:
Years
Sorry to pretty much ignore you new people. Welcome to the RPC.
We're a friendly bunch here and there are plenty of excellent RPs you can join. You should make sure you have read the rules and check the Library and Review Thread to learn about current and upcoming RPs you might be interested in respectively. On that note

SHAMELESS ADVERTISING!!!

The Hoenn Diaries, an RP Scyke'd and myself run could do with some new blood. It's a pokemon journey RP, but unlike others it doesn't follow your standard "beat all the gymzz" or "defeat the evil team" plotline, although that is certainly an option. Instead the focus is on the unique stories of individual trainers travelling the region to fulfil their goals whatever they may be. The whole point of tHD is to allow for as much creative freedom as possible so you can develop a truly interesting and unique story for your character.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I apologize for the further lack of activity. My computer hasn't been correctly connecting to the internet, and I've been having use my iPod or bum one off of somebody. So that's fun. I'll be posting as soon as I can.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Colony and I are dropping a lot of players for inactivity (and no explanation/excuse as to why), so the Vale Institute of Magic is looking for new victims test subjects victims students as it begins its second day!

While most will only be allowed to start with a single magical element, you get a lot of freedom in using it. (Feel absolutely free to negotiate with us on doing stuff other players haven't/can't, however. Seriously. It would be incredibly awesome if you talk with us about doing something outrageous.) You can also set up fights with other characters and NPCs quite literally any time you want to (or not, if you're so inclined).

There are explosions, fights, classes, explosions, some cheesy high school romance, and there will be a lot of explosions. Most of that is students blowing up themselves, each other and the multi-million dollar learning institute where the RP takes place.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Guys, Johto Mysteries is officially back ^^
Things started to settle down a bit for me, so I can pick it back up ^^
I'll post in theIC sometimes this week. I already got everything written and stuff ^^
So spread the news <3

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Hey all, my internet has been randomly down for a couple days (curse you, Virgin media!) and although it's back for now, I don't know if it'll stay that way. Of course, it could well be back for good, but I just want to have it covered if worst comes to worst.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 6, 2014
Uh...48 hours is up. I'm a bit disheartened due to the fact that no one has joined my rp. I know I may sound gay and like an idiot, but I'm a bit saddened not to see anyone interested in my rp. Could anyone join? It's called genome, and (this will make me sound super gay) I would post a link but I've only made like 6 posts so far so I can't. Dig around in the rp lounge and you should be able to find it. You don't have to, of course.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Maybe you should give it more time.

Also, you may want to refrain from using the word 'gay' like that. It's not like I have a problem with it, but others may find it offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back