• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If it were flying type, how in the world would it evolve? Flight stone? Normal seems too... normal, gamefreak (hopefully) would never do that to us. I'm guessing at either a new type, which would be nice, or something like psychic. Unfortunately, we already have that as espeon, but it doesn't seem to fit much else other than flying, normal or something of the sort...
Fires seems logical ish, seeing as there is a resemblance to victini. Bow suggests otherwise though. Seems normal, despite my hope that it isn't.
Also, it doesn't look like a bug. I think. The bows? Seem more normal-like than butterfly-bug type. And to be honest, the two things that could be antennea seem to relate to flying more than bug as the person somewhere above said, as it does seem to resemble the flying type gym leaders. Although, flying type would be wierd.

If it evolves as flying, maaybe it'd evolve at a certain tower? Like if you go to a specific tower, kind of like Glaceon/Leafeon work...?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Not sure if it's been said yet, but I've seen a lot of people elsewhere saying the in-game screenshot looks like it's using a fire move or something.

To me, though, it looks more like the new evolution animation, or rather, the end of the animation showing your newly evolved Ninfia. What does everyone else think?
Maybe it's outrage, as that move does tend to have flames in it's past depictions despite being a Dragon type move. If so than it's proably a hint at it being a Dragon type, either that or it simply knows fire moves, or the new evolution animation as you said.

Perhaps they could introduce sky travel, and if eevee levels up in the sky it evolves into this ;)

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2014
I think Ninfia looks like a domestic Eevee, an Eevee that adapted to home life. Those bows makes me think that someone brought it home and take care of it. I think it's normal type, it looks like Skitty/Delcatty line to me.

What I think about the evolution method is that it is associated with the "a new battle mechanism that allows your Pokemon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger" lines. If it's a brand new mechanics rather than friendship, maybe Eevee evolves into Ninfia when this bond is stronger.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
I'd say it looks like a light type eeveelution. And it's adds with pokemon X being a light type and pokemon Y a dark one, too.

Else, it's a normal type eeveelution (which seems kinda dumb).

Just a note: This is the new and only single ugliest eeveelution of all time. It's somewhat like Cinccino meets Melotic meets Luvdisc and it's overly huge eyes just freak me out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...small hint to it being flying buut,

ZgHZnWU.png

It's facing Froakie. Usually the Pokemon they face is stronger than what they are (maybe?) and the only type Froakie's evolution could be would be Ice, and if so it could learn Icy Wind? idk long shot buuut still. :(

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
It really doesn't look like a flying type to me. But it looks so cute <3 omg I'm so gonna use that in X and Y :D

blue

gucci
Years
Hmm... It looks similar to Skyla, Im hoping its flying but judging from its design I just cant tell. Also this is the only single Eeveelution weve had unless they reveal another ine next month, but yeah if its not Flying then maybe Normal? idkk. If its a secret then it could easily be a new type i.e Light....

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't know, Ninfia doesn't exactly look like a Eeveelution but sort of. I think it's pretty cute though! As others said , it does look like Skyla and Victini had a baby.But it's still rather cute. As for it's type, it looks like it's gonna be either Normal, Flying or Dragon. To me the bows look like they could work as wings.

I like the idea of it's evolution method being gender-specific. This could be it's female-evolution form and they yet to reveal it's male evo-form. The male form will obviously be cooler looking and and more masculine. It also goes along with the theory that X and Y/Gen VI are gonna based around gentics/chromosomes. I think this is a neat speculation.

blue

gucci
Years
Possibly, the Female could be Flying type with the Male counterpart being Dragon since they both have similar characteristics.. assuming there is going to be two.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I think the creators are well aware that we're gonna speculate on the Light type with each set of Pokemon they reveal... it's getting tiring, but everytime something new is revealed it comes to mind.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Ninfia...Ninfeon...Nympheon. Bug type? The moment I saw someone mention Ninfeon, I thought "hmm...it sounds like nympheon." Does it bring clues to it's type?

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2022
It had better not be the normal type that would suck! Love the design though she looks awesome. If it was a dragon type that would be amazing but somehow I don't think so...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Awww. x3

As soon as I heard about Ninfeon, I was soooo excited! ^^

Ninfeon is soooooo adorable! Now this is one Eeveelution that I would love to have as one of my Pokémon in Pokémon X and Y. Something tells me that this Eeveelution is rather special, something tells me that this Eeveelution could change to be any type, depending on what other Eeveelution is on your team. It probably starts off as Normal-type but changes type.

But who knows? Ninfeon could very well fit into the category of being a Light-type if Light-type was introduced into Pokémon X and Y. Even though we've known through from Generation II that the Polkadot Bow had raised Normal-type attacks to the holder, but that item was replaced with the Silk Scarf in Generation III and later.

But look at the Eeveelution, we see alot of white and pink colouring, so it does kind of tell me that it could very well be a new type, like Light-type. ;)

But having said that, if Light-type was introduced... what do you think Light-type would be weak against, strong against, immune against or uneffective against? I'm thinking Light-type would be strong against Dark and Ghost types, weak against Fighting and Psychic, and have no immunity or uneffectivity.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Has it even been confirmed it's an Eeveelution? The eyes definitely don't look like Eeveelution's eyes.

Yeah the magazine said it is, pluuus there's Eeveelutions appearing with it on the left side, so. ;x

Years
  • Age 32
  • usa
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
new eevee type revealed

serebii reasled a new pic of eeveelution revealed. it pink an blue with bows an ribbons.
is claimed to be the new eeveelution it name is ninfia

what type do you think it is check out serebii

no type has been realeased

if i did this wrong let me know i am still new

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Yeah the magazine said it is, pluuus there's Eeveelutions appearing with it on the left side, so. ;x

Hmmm, if Eevee is gaining one more evolution, then it means something else might as well... :D

I think it might actually be a new type, don't see it being any of the current types (doesn't look like a Dragon for example). A Normal-type Eeveelution would be pointless IMO.

On a side note, this means the coding of the games is different from the DS games. In DPPtHGSS/BW there was a maximum of seven evolutions allowed in the code for a given Pokémon (because of Eevee).

It also means there's a pattern of even-numbered generations introducing new evolutions. I'm being strict with the term, though, because 3rd gen introduced new babies as well, but they aren't higher forms of existing Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back