• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Actually, I think Bagon is in the cave located in Drakebreath City, first chamber. Some people report that no Pokémon can be found, however; this is something I'll check as it's the only place they CAN be found, and only the first chamber (some rooms don't have anything listed at all).

Cyclone

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
Actually, I think Bagon is in the cave located in Drakebreath City, first chamber. Some people report that no Pokémon can be found, however; this is something I'll check as it's the only place they CAN be found, and only the first chamber (some rooms don't have anything listed at all).

Cyclone

Okay I'll check it out.
But what about gible,vibrava,etc dude..
I see if I find them anywhere in the game as you are restless helping out ash in flag fixing,etc.
Anyways i'll text it if I find them.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Okay I'll check it out.
But what about gible,vibrava,etc dude..
I see if I find them anywhere in the game as you are restless helping out ash in flag fixing,etc.
Anyways i'll text it if I find them.
Trapinch (evolves to Vibrava and Flygon) is at Route 411. I should know because I got Arena Trapped by it before.

Gible I am not sure about. I'll research it eventually.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2013
Trapinch (evolves to Vibrava and Flygon) is at Route 411. I should know because I got Arena Trapped by it before.

Gible I am not sure about. I'll research it eventually.

Cyclone

I found Gible at the first cave where you need to use Lava Surf. Bagon is there too.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Bagon and Gible were added to mentioned locations because they were supposed to be on Mt. Oren but the behavior of tiles did not allow wild Pokemon to appear.
In any case, both are available and Trapinch as well.
You get Dratini and Deino as gift and most likely Axew as well so every dragon is present.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Bagon and Gible were added to mentioned locations because they were supposed to be on Mt. Oren but the behavior of tiles did not allow wild Pokemon to appear.
That's the reason?

If there is a wild list in Oren, I can fix that. I already created a copy of another tile in Snowce City to fix a tile bug there; I'm sure I can duplicate a tile or two if needed to allow for wild encounters in Mt. Oren. The rare encounters elsewhere can still be maintained, though!

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Tried all places but still bagon is not found...
That's because it's EXTREMELY rare.

bagont.png

See my red circle highlights.

Also, note the Pokémon list pictured here is for the FIRST chamber, entered from Drakebreath City. It's NOT found in the second chamber, and the third chamber has nothing but the legendaries and that event.

Yes, this will be the type of rarity that Froslass will have, as well. I've encountered multiple Shroomish in Inhore Woods, and it's 1% there. So you can encounter it. Note that this is Bagon's original rarity, as well.

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many glitches found
Yeah, that was also my complaint. Decided to do something about it, so the file is currently under my care. I've just been slacking off the last month or two; finding a job tends to have more importance. I'm getting it dome slowly. :)

Cyclone

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
woah. this one never died eh? i haven't visited this since 2011. and it's still being updated.

Great hacks/mods don't die easy. ;)
Even if the author no longer updates it, there are dedicated people updating it. :3

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
woah. this one never died eh? i haven't visited this since 2011. and it's still being updated.
This won't ever die because this will be one of the hacks that will be played by many new people in future.

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many glitches found
If you call this way too many then you haven't played many hacks...

That's the reason?

If there is a wild list in Oren, I can fix that. I already created a copy of another tile in Snowce City to fix a tile bug there; I'm sure I can duplicate a tile or two if needed to allow for wild encounters in Mt. Oren. The rare encounters elsewhere can still be maintained, though!
Yes, that is the reason.
As you need to play with behavior of tiles, not tiles themselves, Snake decided to add them in this roundabout way.
I don't think anyone minds that...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yes, that is the reason.
As you need to play with behavior of tiles, not tiles themselves, Snake decided to add them in this roundabout way.
I don't think anyone minds that...[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Similarly, it seems every single tile in Route 411 was set to act as a wild encounter area - the exception being the actual path tiles. The problem is that the rock tile areas - technically the path - also became encounter tiles. I changed that in my version; if I find it mucks up other maps, I'll have to create a new tile there.

I've also debated whether darker sand should be used instead of grass for encounters, but not sure what I would do with the mountain grass yet.

Cyclone

rossi933

Pokemon Master R/B/Y
Years
such as; I have had to fight Zero three times, that sprite script seems to reset itself, I have had the same with yellow, silver and pearl in front of the lauren elite four, also when I tried to battle the lauren elite four it had taken me to the zhery elite four instead, no idea how that could have happened! also can't fly to most of the lauren area, but i've literally just beaten lauren finally the glitch didn't show

Last edited:
Back