• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danger on the S.S. Anne [SU+OOC]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'll be posting tomorrow or the day after, have to put PC aside for a little while so I don't fail at school

Yes, don't fail on our behalf! XD

Right, Miss Doronjo has asked to leave, so that means one space has become available! Since I'm absolutely crazy nice I'm going to open up a few more spaces to.

From now, there are 4 spaces available - total of 18 characters on board.

Please post a SU if interested, first come first served.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
Waver Cato

Hometown: Fuchsia City

Appearance: Waver has silvery hair that tends to hang in his eyes and deep purple colored irises. Waver wears a sleeveless jacket with a high collar that parts just above his midway. He has a jacket to wear over this in case it gets cold, but usually wears this one tied around his waist. He wears a black bottom from a jumpsuit that is tucked into a pair of tabi socks, and he wears straw sandals rather than shoes. Around his neck, Waver appears to wear a thin scarf, but ina ctuality, it is a mask that may be drawn up to cover his mouth. Waver is smaller than his age would have one think, and is often mistaken for a child who shouldn't even be on a journey. When treated as such, Waver tends to become indignant and angry.

Personality: Waver is a fairly quiet and serious person, eyeing things with a critical eye at first. Despite his young age, he tends to act like a grown up, due to having been raised with a strong sense of duty. Even when he's happy, Waver tends to forget that he's supposed to smile and his expression rarely changes. Despite his countenance, Waver is kindhearted enough to take the well-being of others into account, and his actions tend to disregard his own safety. His actions tend to be earnest at time, as he's always trying to do more than he is capable of.

Bio: Waver is a shinobi from the same ninja clan as Janine and Koga. He has a vast knowledge of ninja techniques, such as smokescreens and camouflage, and was even taught how to deal with poisons and paralysis by his grandmother, one of the elders. Despite what the clan is known for, however, Waver never gained an interest in poison types. He preferred more variety in his partners, especially when it comes to stealth. Waver had challenged the Pokémon gym several times in his hometown, in order to test his strength, but he was never able to defeat either Koga or Janine. Waver eventually became frustrated with himself and decided to leave Fuchsia city temporarily and experience life a bit more before returning.

Starmie

Nickname: Risa

Level: 33

Ability: Natural cure

Moveset: Camouflage, bubble beam, recover, swift

Personality: Starmie is equally a dutiful as Waver and appears to have no personality. It simply follows orders perfectly without a single complaint, doing as it is told.

Bio: Waver found Staryu one day while walking along the beach south of Fuchsia City. He had tripped over it, initially, not sure of what it had been. Upon inspection, Waver realized that there was a Pokémon hidden on the sand, invisible. Waver tried to interact with it, but the Pokémon completely ignored Waver. Eventually, Waver kicked sand onto the Pokémon, which ended up dispelling the camouflage, strangely, and Waver sat and watched the Staryu for hours as its flashing core continued to make strange colors. It wasn't until the evening sun had vanished in the horizon that Staryu began moving, which surprised the sleepy Waver. It slipped into the water, vanishing completely. Dissapointed, Waver came back the next day without much hope, only to trip over what was probably the same Staryu. Excited, Waver rushed home to borrow a Pokéball from his father, and caught the Staryu while it was unawares. Waver had mistaken the Pokémon for some sort of alien sending signals back home, and even after someone identified the Pokémon for him, he remained convinced that it was unique in some way, and kept it since.

Kecleon

Nickname: Sylvester

Level: 30

Ability: Color change

Moveset: Shadow sneak, bind, slash, fury swipes

Personality: Sylvester tends to change colors constantly according to Waver's personality, mostly to tease him because Waver rarely expresses his own feelings on his face. Sylvester tends to be more outgoing than its trainer and likes to reflect his moods in order to help others understand him better. Sylvester makes it his personal goal to make Waver more open to others, something Waver doesn't appreciate.

Bio: Kecleon had accidently been captured and shipped to Fuschia along with several other Pokémon for the Safari zone one day, plucked straight out of Hoenn. Frightened and alone, Kecleon changed its color to hide from everyone inside the Safari Zone and refused to show itself. The Safari Zone's workers, however, noticed berries vanishing, as well as Pokémon food, and became concerned that a patron was stealing. When their accusations led to nothing, they called on someone to help investigate. Waver volunteered himself, as his first official mission as a shinobi, and stayed in the Safari Zone even after it closed for the night. Waver was surprised to find a floating red stripe heading toward a bush of berries that had been set up to trap the Pokémon, and Waver had Staryu use flash to smoke the Pokémon out. Startled, Kecleon's disguise faded and it fled. Waver spent the rest of the night playing tag with the Pokémon, though he didn't know it, chasing it through trees and ponds. In the end, Waver managed to capture the Kecleon after cornering it and blinding it with Staryu once again. Ever since, Kecleon has focused on convincing Waver to play like he had that day more often.

Ninjask

Nickname: Integra

Ability: Speed boost

Moveset: Swords dance, aerial ace, baton pass, leech life

Personality: Integra is a nervous Pokémon, always constantly moving and ferretting in and out of rooms at unreal speeds. Though it appears to be a nervous habit, Integra does a good job of scouting places with its speed and memorizing the details of what it sees. Integra rarely sits still when outside of its Pokéball and always has something it wants to see or do, which keeps Waver constantly moving as well to keep it from becoming too impatient.

Bio: Waver was given a Nincada to play with as a child. His parents wanted Waver to learn the art of stealth, so they showed how the Nincada burrowed underground to keep from sight and used its small body to its advantage, a trait Waver shared. Waver played with this Pokémon constantly to learn quicker, and the two of them quickly became friends. Waver was surprised when Nincada had first evolved. As a ground sub-type, Nincada had been calm, slightly slow, and resilient. But as a Ninjask, it's personality had gone in the completely opposite direction, and its pace was too much for Waver to handle at first. Waver still enjoys Ninjask's presence, but still struggles to keep up with the Pokémon's pace. Furthermore, Waver was disturbed by Ninjask's shadow. For some reason, whenever he looked at it, he felt like something was watching him. A trick of the light from Ninjask's golden body, Waver assumed, but he was never sure.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
silverexorcist - Good sign up, although I'm afraid your character must be 16 or above. Just so that I don't feel terribly guilty for putting some child through this! XD

Unfortunately anyone new joining will have to wait a while until joining - as the ship has no set sail. If you wish you could post background RP posts, perhaps flashbacks about catching previous Pokémon, or how Waver received his ticket, but not actually join the others until the 20th July (Next Friday).

Also, I think something might be wrong with your space key >< do make sure to check over your proper RP posts so they're easy to read!

ACCEPTED once the age is changed ;3

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
Sure thing, I'll change the age. And sadly, there is nothing wrong with my space key. When I copy and past my post from my word document, it shows up like that and I have to spent a few minutes editing and adding in all the spaces T.T Just finished a minute before your response, actually. And i don't mind wait, I'm patient :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Sure thing, I'll change the age. And sadly, there is nothing wrong with my space key. When I copy and past my post from my word document, it shows up like that and I have to spent a few minutes editing and adding in all the spaces T.T Just finished a minute before your response, actually. And i don't mind wait, I'm patient :D

Oh right! XD Bahaha. Well like I said feel free to post any random backstory or what-not. I shall drop you a VM reminder when the ship arrives in Fuchsia.

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
Years
Devilish Grin

I knew it'd be sooner or later that new spots for this RP would turn up. If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to reserve a spot and make a sign-up.

You can expect it by this time tomorrow night, or a little sooner if I'm okay with how it looks to me beforehand.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Just to let everyone know that the only times I will be able to update this weekend (ie react to captures, battles, etc.) is Saturday. If you post when I'm not here I promise I will post the outcome ASAP, the most you should have to wait is ~24 hours.

Busy weekend ;__;.

OTHERWISE Enjoy the SS Anne :D First pair to battle get extra invisible cookies.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Well, it looks like I've hit a rocky patch.
I'm going on holiday for a week and have one day to whip up a decent post to abuse the plot point I (accidentally) made as an excuse for my soon to be lack of internets.

But there's no way on earth you could make me quit this RP.
I just want to know, by the time I'm back will we have landed in the Seafoam Islands? I'm planning for the visit there to be extremely important.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Well, it looks like I've hit a rocky patch.
I'm going on holiday for a week and have one day to whip up a decent post to abuse the plot point I (accidentally) made as an excuse for my soon to be lack of internets.

But there's no way on earth you could make me quit this RP.
I just want to know, by the time I'm back will we have landed in the Seafoam Islands? I'm planning for the visit there to be extremely important.

Errrr if you're gone a week we should still be at Fuchsia, or just have left. Seafoam will be like 4 weeks away or something.

Don't worry about the holiday! Just make sure to finish any interactions and stuff :)

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
Years
Melody Rainwater (Sign-Up)

Name: Melody Rainwater

Hometown: Undella Town, Unova

Appearance: Somewhat like this:
Spoiler:

Melody is often called "The Blonde-Haired Mistress", mostly due to her long golden yellow hair. She sports an all white dress, flowing with ruffles in assorted places. The ribbon around her neck is checkered and red, tied at least twice to avoid it from faltering off of her neck. For shoes she wears long white boots to match her dress, with the same colored socks showing just above the rim of her calf-high boots.

Personality: Melody is beautiful and knows it. Therefore, she maintains a very crude and vain facade, whether she wants to or not. She spends most of her mornings on her hair, dressing and styling it however she feels the need to (be it braids, ponytails, updo's, etc.). When she'd approached by someone she feels is lower than her in status, she'll reproach them with snide remarks and just a downright rude tone in her voice.

Around others that she's taken a liking to, she actually exudes a lovely tone and shows her most genuine self, a side she takes a lot of pride in showing. When someone does a favor for her, she makes it her objective to make sure she returns the gesture by any means necessary, and at no cost. Since money isn't a problem, she isn't really sympathetic to the financial needs of others, showing great disdain as she helps them out, as rare as that is though.

She is also one to hold a grudge, especially when losing in battle. She takes too much pride in not only herself, but her Pokemon, so anybody who manages to defeat her sullies the fact (therefore becoming a target until she's powerful enough to defeat them). The vanity of her Pokemon is something she takes pride in mostly because of the time she spends assuring herself that they are at the peak of inner beauty and perfection.

History: Melody was born in Undella Town in Unova, where she took etiquite lessons with her Aunt Cynthia. Yes, The Champion of Sinnoh Cynthia. Her Aunt moved her to Undella Town to help Melody pursue her life-long dream of becoming a model. Her first gig came around her 15th birthday, with help from some of the Gym Leaders (namely, Elesa of Nimbasa City) who gladly gave her the chance of accomplishing her dream.

This is also something Melody takes pride in, seeing as how living in her Aunt's condo made her meet very successful and influential people. Someone prominent in her life being Elesa. Elesa, being a Gym Leader and also a model herself, easily helped out when it came to finding Melody an agency who'd sign her. When her first paying job came around, she made it her automatic career, traveling all over the Pokemon World for years to come afterwards.

Her ticket on the S.S. Anne came as a present from her Aunt Cynthia, who believed the job had slightly changed her, a change for the worse. It was her hope that the trip on a luxury cruise liner would bring her back to the more bubbly and kind girl she was, and not the serious and crude Trainer she came to be.

POKEMON

350f.gif
Spoiler:

407f.gif
Spoiler:

200.gif
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Melody is accepted! I will add you to the list soon. As I said to silverexorcist you can board the ship on Friday, and can post any background or precruise preparations.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Huzzah! Turns out I'm an idiot and the holiday's only 3 days long. So not only do I pack less socks, Lucas can wake up just that little bit earlier.

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
N00b here lol, hope this is good enough
Full Name: Orenji
Age (16+): 18
Hometown: Lavender Town
Appearance: Entire bright orange ensemble, complete with jacket, running shoes, and cargo pants. about 6 foot even, black hair and brown eyes, with a tan complexion.
Personality: Orenji is exactly the opposite of what was expected of a person coming from Lavender Town. He is quite upbeat, brave, and always has a smile on his face. When asked about any fears or phobias, he happily replied: "When you have lived next to the Tower for 18 years, what is fear?" Obviously he has had some trauma associated with the Tower, was unable to find the underlying cause. Happy-go-lucky demeanor possible front put up for others. Also very adamant on protecting others and dispelling others fears. Fear seems to be a significant part of his life, or rather his overcoming of it.

Biography: Orenji is an orphan from Lavender Town, dropped at the orphanage as a newborn by an Officer Jenny who found him at the base of Lavender Tower. As he grew up he seemed immune to the town's dreary disposition, he even tried cheering people up as a child. His most succesful method would be hosting mini battle tournaments, albiet he never exactly won till he got older. While it didn't exactly help mourners who have lost their pokemon, they appreciated the effort, and would often tell stories to the young orphan of big epic battles, and even the occasional gym leader that came to pay respects would teach him a thing or two about batltling. He soon became the town's most famous boy, at the age of ten he did everything is his power to help and cheer up the residents, his fellow orphans, and even the tourists who were in mourning. Often he would pay respects to the fallen at Lavender Tower. Not only that but he took the Kanto gym challenge with a Togepi given to him by Mr.Fuji, so that he could be happy no matter the results of the challange. They had a strong bond indeed, and its Metronome wasnt bad either. However he didnt finish due to the fact that his town needed him. One day while cleaning up an abandoned house he spotted an oddly colored washing machine, one that seemed to enjoy spraying him with tons of water, spraying others, and even spraying himself. The revealed Rotom was laughing so much he didnt notice the Togepi using Leaf Blade via Metronome. Not that it cared much, it took the hit like nothing, in fact it tickled, so much that he could help but jump up and down in unbridled laughter, to the point where it didnt even notice getting cuaght. Both Pokemon became valued assets, with the newly christened Maytec being a Tank that could hit back, and the Togepi being named Angel after the happiness it shared. It didnt like to battle, but it was somehow a powerhouse. Years later, the townspeople reported random pokemon being poisoned or burned or just plain angry. Orenji, Maytec and Angel in tow, decided to investigate. The culprit was found to be a hungry Sableye, burning those who didnt have food for it. An hour or two (and several Pecha Berries) later, the Sableye was caught, and named Troll, due to its nature of angering those it didnt like. He found Troll difficult to work with, until he got a Nugget as a gift from a salesman. Troll eagerly munched on the rare object, and became more friendly than ever, until he was hungry again. It became a system, food, for Troll to be less of a coward. After many battles with tourists, a couple of gym challenges, and several lessons from cheered up gym leaders (Brock, Falkner, Roxxane, Roark, and even Cress of Unova)The fact the he brought at least some light to the infamously spooky town made him adored by everyone there, and a Maniac even gave him a gargantuan amount of jewles, ores, and stones. Eventually all the other people raised money to send him on a hero's vacation.

Species: Rotom-W
Nickname: Maytec
Ability: Levitate
Moveset: Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split, Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch
Personality: Maytec, the 2nd of Orenjis team, while not the sharpest crayon in the crayola box, is never anything but fun loving, and is good for a laugh no matter the occasion. It will not rest till someone laughs, and is attracted to comedic situations. Often considered the dim witted tank of the group, in battles it dishes out hits with power, and can take a beating better than any pokemon Orenji has seen.

Species: Sableye (secretly holds an Iron Ball)
Nickname: Troll
Level: 25
Ability: Prankster
Moveset: Trick, Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, Confuse Ray, Taunt
Personality: Troll is most recent catch and the schemer of the group, always having an ulterior motive or plan in place. However he is also a coward, never battling unless angered or bribed with gems by Orenji. Will often use Maytec as the muscle for various pranks and schemes, despite his frustrations with the washing machine's lack of intelligence. Is secretly a glutton for gems and ores, will do anything for them.

Species: Togekiss
Nickname: Angel
Level: 40
Ability: Serene Grace
Moveset: Nasty Plot, Aura Sphere, Air Slash, Roost, Heal Bell
Personality: Angel was the first pokemon given to Orenji by Mr.Fuji, and has the strongest bond with him.The mother and caretaker of the group, is also the powerhouse, capable of sweeping teams with ease. She loves giving happiness to others, and chastises Troll for his exploitation of Maytec, and is very patient with the washing machine. Has nothing but love for Orenji and is very affectionate. Despite being the strongest, she dislikes violence, and will only battle if directly confronted or if Orenji begs and pleads.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Hey everyone I'm back :3 well actually I got back yesterday a day early but I was just too exhausted to post. But I will be gone from July 22nd to August 7th. So around the time I leave I'll think of some reason why Giselle isn't gonna be interacting with anyone

also I was wondering if it would be possible for me to make an NPC to give Giselle a Pokemon Egg for a Petilil?

Last edited:
Back