• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Raikou, Entei, Suicune: Origins Theory

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Spr_5b_250.png
"Suddenly, 150 years before the events of the games, this tower burned down in a mysterious fire, ignited by a bolt of lightning and put out by a sudden downpour. This fire, which may have had some relation to the drought that a Slowpoke ended in Azalea Town, caused three nameless Pokémon to perish. Ho-Oh, fleeing from its perch, granted new life to the Pokémon, making them into the legendary beasts before flying in search of a pure-hearted Trainer. The three events of the fire, the lightning bolt, raging blaze, and sudden downpour, are said to have some relation to the three beasts." - Bulbapedia, Burned Tower

Something I came across on Tumblr was the idea of which Pokemon the legendary beasts originated from. Granted it's only a theory but there are definitely some similarities to be noted!

What if I told you that these legendary beasts...

243.gif
244.gif
245.gif

were resurrected from these Pokemon...

135.gif
136.gif
134.gif

Crazy, right?! However, there are some reasons to this madness.​

1.) Their color scheme - although blue for water, yellow for electric, and orange for fire is pretty common, it's definitely an interesting factor considering how close they are not only with the dominant colors but the accent tones as well.
2.) The legendary beasts Dream World abilities match the normal abilities of the Eeveelutions (Water Absorb is Suicune's DW ability, Volt Absorb is Raikou's, and Flash Fire is Entei's - these are all the normal abilities for Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon).
3.) Though it might just be coincidental, the kimono girls are known for their use of the Eeveelutions - they're also based in Ecruteak, home of the Burned Tower.
4.) To a lesser extent, their stats are similar. Jolteon and Raikou are both very fast with high special attack stats. Flareon and Entei both have high attack and focus on the physical side. Vaporeon and Suicune aren't as similar as the others but they are both bulky, something common among a lot of Water-types, though.

I know there is no solid proof of this but the likeness is definitely there and it's pretty plausible to me!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've seen this going around on Tumblr! Anyway, it's not specific to the games, so off to Pokemon General it goes!

Years
It seems plausable up to an extent. the colour scheme isn't THAT close really. and why were Umbreon and Espeon not involved? it seems strange that they would only use 3 of the 5 eveelutions...

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
It is believable and unbelievable at the same time, in a way. Now you mention it I can see the similarities, but then you have to think further. How could Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon possibly have turned into the three legendary beasts? Unless there was a complicated mutation or some sort of chemical changed their body form it seems highly unlikely. However the close similarities are interesting... but personally I don't think that the three beasts were resurrected from the three Eeveelutions. Besides, like the above poster mentioned why isn't Umbreon and Espeon involved in this? But that's just my personal opinion. :>

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
I think it could be possible. The legend just says that three Pokemon died. It never explained what kind of Pokemon they were and since it specified three that helps explain why there are no Umbreon/Espeon/Future Eeveelution mutant legendaries. The massive change could be explained by saying that part of Ho-oh's essence remained after the resurrection process changing them into what they are now.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
Didn't they mention some where that they were reincarnated as the embodiments of the events of the day?

Like, Raikou was like the lightning that struck the tower, Entei was the fire that burned it down, and Suicune was the rain that put it out.

I don't think what Pokemon they were before had any impact on what they became. Especially because they look and have no similarities with those Eevee evolutions except the typing.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Didn't they mention some where that they were reincarnated as the embodiments of the events of the day?

Like, Raikou was like the lightning that struck the tower, Entei was the fire that burned it down, and Suicune was the rain that put it out.

I don't think what Pokemon they were before had any impact on what they became. Especially because they look and have no similarities with those Eevee evolutions except the typing.

I don't think they are reincarnated as embodiments of the events, they do represent them though.

There are some similarities besides the typing that I pointed out in the first post, the biggest one (imo) is that the Dream World abilities for the beasts are the natural abilities for the Eeveelutions. The kimono girls using the Eeveelutions is another nudge in that direction for me. The slight similarities in stats are another indicator too.

But nothing is definitive, it's all up to interpretation :D

Deathdragon1254

Pokemon Master
Years
  • MI
  • Seen May 1, 2013
This can be fairly believable but there are other things that prove that they may not be related due to the being the hound Pokemon and not the evolution Pokemon but there are things that can prove me wrong

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
This is more one of those threads that people create theories based on coincidences.

Back