• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon MindCrystal

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 26, 2019
Excuse me, can this place be used to report bug/freeze problems with the romhack ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 20, 2019
Is there a document somewhere that shows the ability/stat/type changes? I'd love to see who is buffed/changed :)

Nightrey

Beginning Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 21, 2023
someone with a good heart can help me? I need a english version with battle frontier bag activated. I'm trying to capture the battle frontier pokemon to make a video edit but I realized that the hack creator blocked the use of bag during battles. can someone please help me with this? :(

If the creator is reading this message and can help me reactivating the battle frontier bag I will be eternally grateful. I'm planning to make a video edit to upload in my channel showing how this hack is so epic!

@Edit

Btw I managed to create a code to activate bag during battle.
Not just in normal battle but also in Battle Frontier.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Is there a way to randomize pokemon encounters? I tried replace the a/0/3/7 narc that i think it's the one that usually has the enconter data. But it seems that it doesn?t anymore here.
I love and i have played your game like it is. But I would like to use all it's great features but with a little surprice in the pokemon i can get if i want to nuzlocke or something.
Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2020
If you are playing on a female character, this game uses different files for female/male version. I haven't edited the files in a while so I do not know if it also has gender-dependant encounter data but if it does, in order to have randomized pokemon for female you have to replace z/0/3/7 with your randomized a/0/3/7 file.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Thanks for your help. I tried to replace z/0/3/7 and a/0/3/7 with the randimize ones but still nothing :S. It's weird.
I made a test trying to edit the encounters with a tool to get a clue if it can be even done or if that data is even in the same place.
It the tool founds the data and when i save it gives a window with text, in that there is this interesting thing "a/1/3/wild/0001" . I guess that the 0001 its for the route. But i the rest... it start in a/1/3... but "wild"?

Last edited:

Delta231

A noob
Years
unknown.png

I am getting this bug like 5 times patching , do you know the problem?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2019
I am getting this bug like 5 times patching , do you know the problem?

I don't think this is a bug? The game doesnt usually show the other pokemon's HP so it would look a bit awkward and, I suppose, "bug" like now that it does.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2020
So you were probably using the translation patch I made which caused that graphical bug. It's a problem caused by battle UI and pokedex UI being located in the same file, so when you try to replace it by an english pokedex it messes up the battle UI and vice versa. I fixed it a few months ago for a personal playthrough, if you want I can upload the patch for it.

Nightrey

Beginning Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 21, 2023
So you were probably using the translation patch I made which caused that graphical bug. It's a problem caused by battle UI and pokedex UI being located in the same file, so when you try to replace it by an english pokedex it messes up the battle UI and vice versa. I fixed it a few months ago for a personal playthrough, if you want I can upload the patch for it.

Upload pls!!!

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2020
Pok?mon MindCrystal English Translation v6

General
This translation is a combination of ripping from the english version of soulsilver (152000/158000 lines), translation of custom dialogue using what's left of what I still know from highschool french classes (6000/158000 lines) as well as hex-editing to fix things like the pokedex or menus still being in french. I tried to make sure that the message of these custom sentences got preserved but I have undoubtedly butchered some custom dialogue. If there's some issue that you encounter in your playthrough such as a typo or an NPC having the wrong dialogue, check the known issues section. If it's not in there already, notify me with the exact NPC, the message that they are sending and, if applicable to the issue, what message they should send. I will look into it ASAP.
The patch includes menu decapitalization of basically all menus as well, this is my personal preference.

Guide
1 - Check if the english patch is up-to-date with the current version of Pok?mon MindCrystal, if not, refer to the compatability section to see if it'll still work correctly or not.
2 - Correctly patch a FRENCH version of Pok?mon SoulSilver using the xdelta patch for Pok?mon MindCrystal that's available on the first page. This will create a new file.
3 - Check if the newly created file is 262.144 kB, if it's not, you've messed up the patching.
4 - Apply the translation patch to the newly created file you just got from the MindCrystal patch.
5 - Check if this newly created file is also 262.144 kB, if it's not, you've messed up the patching.
6 - Enjoy your newly created English version of Pok?mon MindCrystal :)

Compatability
This translation patch is ONLY compatible with beta 3.0.2

Download
v3.0.2 patch v6: Click Here

Changelog
Spoiler:

Old Versions
Spoiler:

Known Issues
Spoiler:

FAQ
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Hey Mero, by any chance did you update the move Beat Up to how it works in Gen V?

Afaik, it was changed from being typeless damage to Dark-Type and its base damage was calculated differently.

If you did update it, could you shed some light on how you did it? Thanks.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
I know that its too much to ask, but... its possible to have a normal "255 max EVs" version of this amazing game? (enemy trainers, elite four, and battle frontier pokemons included) I ask for it because the save-editors can't set more than 255 EVs for each stat on a pokemon, and... in my opinion your hack its still better than sacred-gold/storm-silver hacks, even with these EVs that you have set. (and you have also fixed the annoying bugs of the official games) so... I don't want to play storm-silver only because of the incompatibility of this hackrom with the save-editors, I really want to play your hackrom :( can you help me MeroMero? its possible to release a 255 EVs patch???

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 8, 2018
Hi, i saw your hack rom Pokemon mind crystal and found very cool. One feature that called my attention is that you made light ball work on raichu and pichu as well as pikachu. How did you do that? I'm still a begginer on hack rom so i don't know much, and i'm trying to make light ball useful to raichu in my pokemon fire red but i don't know how. i tryed to search every place but couldn't found any tutorial about items effects directly and how to change then. Could you explain to me how do i do this? Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
First open your ROM in CrystalTile2 and click Ctrl+N to open the file browser, from there:
_Locate arm9.bin;
_right-click and click on Extract;
_Search in the extracted arm9 for "FE 01 00 00";
_The search should return 3 results, change them all into "FA 05 00 00";
_Save and import arm9 back by right clicking on the file browser and selecting Compression;

Once this is done, this quick hack will lift the EV limit from 510 to 1530.
For the sake of consistency, you should redo all the previous steps but with overlay9_0080.bin instead; this is for the Battle Frontier, and there will be 2 instances of "FE 01 00 00" instead of 3 to replace.

I must say that doing all of the above didn't work for me. I tried it in a clean HG rom and Drayano's Storm Silver. I could only get it to work by also changing the 1 occurrence of FE 01 00 00 in overlay9_0012.bin to FA 05 00 00, using a Hex Editor. Then it worked fine.

@MeroMero Could you make a tutorial on how to make TM's reusable in English HGSS roms?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
Why when we enter to the pokemon league the character it moves by itself?

Back