• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Pokémon Red and Green Version's Anniversary!

Years
Today marks the 22nd year the original Pokémon Red and Green came out in Japan (or actually yesterday in Japan). Eventually arriving in the states around two years later, as Pokemon Red and Blue, sparking Pokemon as one of the biggest video game franchises.

Do you have any good memories to share from playing these games? Have you ever owned one of the original Japanese games? Do share :D

redgreen.jpg

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
That is pretty exciting. Not too much longer until Pokemon's 25th anniversary. I have never owned a Japanese version of the game but it would be nice to hunt one down someday. I have played Green version on an emulator and it was fun because I know some Japanese and the Japanese was easy enough to understand.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
I've never had the original Japanese games. It would be cool for novelty or just for collecting, but I wouldn't be able to read anything.

I still have an original Blue cartridge though, it's just kinda been sitting on my shelf for years. I imagine someone in my family bought it before I was born, but I ended up with it and still have it.

Spoiler:

Years
No, i've never owned both (Japanese and american versions), because i've never had a gameboy, so instead, i play them in an emulator called visual boy advance, vba for short.
I know there is a rom of pokémon red and green, but idk when i will play them, because i am more familiar with the american one, and i don't understand and speak japanese, that is all.
But is cool comemorating the anniversary of the first game of the pokémon franchise, or even of any generation.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2018
God im old.... I remember when I first bought my GB and Pokemon Blue, was so happy, and even thought I didnt knew any English I played the game a bunch of times ahah, good old days :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
22.... wow. It's so long time ago, when you think about it. And yet, I'm even older myself ._.

Playing Yellow is still a Joy for me <3 Never truly tried Green though, in any language.

Last edited:
Back