• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: New Battle System

Delta231

A noob
Years
May I ask which moves wouldn't require programming? And how so? Also, maybe not the right place to ask, but has expanding the length of move names (Hi Jump Kick -> High Jump Kick) been looked into at all?
Look at github and it's in TOD.

Delta231

A noob
Years
All moves are done (Yup, all of them). We have started making abilities. If you want to help please contact me in DM.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
BTW are you considering the addition of new move animations for your moves?

Because if that's the case I can help out since I've been researching this topic and got quite good at making them.

Last edited:

Delta231

A noob
Years
BTW are you considering the addition of new move animations for your moves?

Because if that's the case I can help out since I've been researching this topic and got quite good at making them.

We actually want to finish abilities, items and battle modes first. I think the move animations will come at last.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
We actually want to finish abilities, items and battle modes first. I think the move animations will come at last.

That's fair I guess.

Making move animations has become kinda of a hobby so I'll be making them and once you decide to get to them I'll be sure to contribute.

Delta231

A noob
Years
That's fair I guess.

Making move animations has become kinda of a hobby so I'll be making them and once you decide to get to them I'll be sure to contribute.

Ok, I should have mentioned this before, as the engine is made from scratch the making of mobe animations would be entirely different. I would like FBI to answer this.

Wüfzhéévk

Ǵ̸͙̘͐̓ͅl̷̚͠͝? ?? �̝i̷͕͊t̵̠̼̹̆c? ?� �̣̭̓h̷̻̰̭̏͊e̵
Years
I was thinking that some special pokemon like ash-greninja should be inserted as mega evos, however the only method they could mega evolve in that case, would be by having the ability battle bond, which doesnt activates until defeating an evolution.

this could also be done to pokes like wishiwashi, where its ability would check if it is lvl 20, then megaevolve, and if its hp drops below 25%, it returns to the normal form...

I dont know how to help you doing this though...

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I was thinking that some special pokemon like ash-greninja should be inserted as mega evos, however the only method they could mega evolve in that case, would be by having the ability battle bond, which doesnt activates until defeating an evolution.

this could also be done to pokes like wishiwashi, where its ability would check if it is lvl 20, then megaevolve, and if its hp drops below 25%, it returns to the normal form...

obviously i'm not an expert on this system, but inserting those form changes as megas seems way more complicated than just... making them form changes, especially considering you can only mega-evolve once per battle, so they'd need to make exceptions for these "megas," especially since wishiwashi can repeatedly switch between school and solo. they would also need special graphics handling so the mega evolution symbol doesn't appear.

i can sort of see your point, but it seems a bit like saying "implement burmy's forms by using castform, except make it check the environment instead of the weather." besides, mega evolution seems markedly more difficult to implement than battle bond.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
That's fair I guess.

Would love to hear from you when we get there!

Is the trainer AI going to be updated as well?
Yeah, when we get there.

Hm, we don't really need anything hacky I think. Just attach the transformation condition/changes to the ability. The design allows that sort of thing. But I haven't done megas yet.

There are about 200~ abilities which need completing, about 50~ moves remaining and items (I'm not implementing all the items, just a few hard ones I think). Once those are done, Pokeballs/capturing/learning moves given exp/some polishing is done I think we'd be ready for a release.

I'd give a release date, but lately I've fallen back into my demotivation phase. This seems to happen to me once every few months where I just get too demotivated to do any hacking/other things are more interesting. I think I'll get over it this time a little faster though, we'll see.

DTD

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 15, 2018
This project is truly amazing. I wish I could support you guys somehow, but with no programming knowledge there seems to be nothing I can do :P. But something has been bothering me though. I know it's still WIP, but in the mockup of the pokemon summary screen, there's no place for 64x64 pokemon sprite, just the icon only. What happened ? The pokemon summary screen is (if not only) the only place you can see how your pokemon look ( with 64x64 sprite of course). Am I missing something here, or that's just how you guys planted it to be. Also, the IV being shown in Pokemon summary screen is surly nice to have, but it's not essential. I mean, not everybody(hackers and player) would like to have that feature. Sometimes, well at least to me, showing all the Iv and stuff turn pokemon into somekind of battling and calculating and numbers matter most- kind of game...and thus, making it not fun to play anymore.

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Are you going to release a patch after this project is finished...it would be great..
hiya! for all intents and purposes, this project isn't being worked on anymore. it exists if you would like to further it yourself, but it's kinda on hiatus currently

Back