• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Is The Champion Of Champions?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
They all seem as strong as one another.

1. Lance For Jhoto & Kanto
2. Steven For Hoenn
3. Wallace Also For Hoenn
4. Cynthia For Sinnoh
5. Alder For Unova
6. Diantha For Kalos

I'd say the champion of champions would have to be Steven though as his Pokemon are hard to beat with been steel.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
They're champions, and are considered to be one of the strongest trainers of their respective regions. If they ever went head-to-head against each other at some point, I'm sure they would all have an equal chance on beating each other. They're heavily experienced and know various strategies, so they'd have to put a ton of effort into outsmarting whoever they have to face off against.

This could apply to both anime and games, I believe, and perhaps also manga (though, I'm not too sure, as I'm not exactly a follower).

Years
Imo it would have to be between Lance and Cynthia, obviously Lance's dragons are a real force but as shown in the anime Cynthia defeated the Sinnoh elite four without lifting a finger. Although Diantha's mega Gardevoir could probably take out most of Lance's team but considering half of his team are not actually Dragon type it would still be a close fight.

So in conclusion I would have to go with Cynthia, and she has a Spiritomb, enough said.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Imo it would have to be between Lance and Cynthia, obviously Lance's dragons are a real force but as shown in the anime Cynthia defeated the Sinnoh elite four without lifting a finger. Although Diantha's mega Gardevoir could probably take out most of Lance's team but considering half of his team are not actually Dragon type it would still be a close fight.

So in conclusion I would have to go with Cynthia, and she has a Spiritomb, enough said.
Ah, but then we're not comparing fairly! Diantha only has the mega because her game is the first to introduce them. Steven is now getting a mega it seems, retconning his lack of one in RSE, so it may be fair enough to assume that each champion would have a mega Pokemon of their own. The question is, what one?

Lance has a choice of three, but probably Charizard X would be the most fitting choice for him. Steven - Metagross, 'nuff said there. Cynthia may well have a mega Garchomp as that is her signature Pokemon, and Alder...

...Alder's just going to have to wait for some more gen 5 Megas, I guess. :V Iris at least has an Aggron and Salamence in her teams.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I can only base this off of playing the games so bare with me.

I would of said Lance and Cynthia were about the same level, but now with fairy types introduced I don't see Lance as the pain in the ass he once was. Cynthia's team was varied enough that it was an actual challenge and she had some decent Pokemon as her varied types.

I feel as though any league champion with a type theme as their team just isn't much of a threat. It's easy to find their common weakness and exploit most of them with one Pokemon on your team.

Zolt

Pokemon Hacker and Master
Years
I would say that Lance was the strongest. His Dragon pokemon were always overpowered as well as I remember how hard it was to take him down, especially in the earlier generations.

Years
What, no Iris? :p

I've always considered Cynthia to be the strongest of the champions, and the most likely to be the winner if all of the champions faced off against each other in some sort of tournament. She just seems to have the best all-around team, and was definitely the hardest champion that I can remember facing in any of the games. If Red had decided to stick around as champion in Kanto though, I could see him giving Cynthia a run for her money.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
I heavily agree with Cynthia being the badass champion of them all! Plus with Mega Garchomp on her side, who can't beat her? Alder seems to easy to beat for me, and Lance hasn't been as threatening to me ever since HGSS. Steven like stated before is an option to consider, after all there is an ORAS remake coming soon! Diantha, I'm a little iffy about but Cynthia is bound to handle her like chop liver! She varies much with her dual pokemon.

It's funny how no one even talks about Wallace, but who's to blame? He isn't exactly threatening at all you know, but he didn't become champion for nothing, right?

Years
I'm going with Lance as the strongest, mainly because for me to this day taking him down in Silver was my biggest challenge, Champion-wise. Although it's more common now, handling Dragons back then was a difficult task especially as Ice or even Ice moves weren't always a part of my team. I reckon he could still give me trouble even now lol :)

Back