• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Fake Cards! l@@K!

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
I am currently trying to make fake pokemon cards at the moment with Paint.NET and I am very new at it. Well, here it goes!
regigigasnh8.png
regicegd0.png

Interested in making some more so if anyone wants to help just PM or IM me with what you can help with or where I can get pics, fonts, etc.

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
7/10.
Not bad, I've seen worse. Much, much, much worse. You should try to get the right fonts, though. Don't ask me where, though, as I have no idea. I think it's some sort of closely guarded secret.

Also, you shouldn't title your thread "fake cards" if you only have one card. :P

EDIT: The above was posted when he had one card. So shut up.

Last edited:

Tentacruel13

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
7/10.
Not bad, I've seen worse. Much, much, much worse. You should try to get the right fonts, though. Don't ask me where, though, as I have no idea. I think it's some sort of closely guarded secret.

Yeah I know, I gotta fix some stuff. I'm gonna try using Gill Sans for the font. expect th card to be fixed soon! With a new background!

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
Well, try looking at a tutorial to find the right font- it's a lot easier than trying random ones and seeing what works.

Tentacruel13

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
FIXED THE CARD!
regigigasnh8.png

Let me know if your opinions have changed!
Expect more soon!

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
I didn't say that I could do better, just that the background looked out of place. Generally, when Nintendo slaps Sugimori's art on a card, they try to make the background fit the Pokemon. Prinplup DP is a good example. Try to do that. All you need to do is go on Google Image Search, find a picture, then run it through a bunch of filters.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
It's very similar to your previous one. Something you should do is compare your cards with actual cards, preferably placing them side by side.

regicegd0.png
19.jpg

Scan credit to Pokebeach. Let's see what we can find!

-Regice's Attack text is double spaced. On real cards, however, this text is cramped together for extra room. Same goes for the flavor text.
-On Regice's Pokemon data, the text stretches out the entire width of the line. On real cards, this text is much more cramped (again). The same goes for the artist credits (which is also in italics)
-On Regice's Pokedex entry, the text is the same font as the attack text, and is double spaced. On real cards, it's a different font, cramped, and italicized.

But hey, we live and learn. I'd like to see your next one.

Last edited:

Tentacruel13

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
It's very similar to your previous one. Something you should do is compare your cards with actual cards, preferably placing them side by side.

regicegd0.png
19.jpg

Scan credit to Pokebeach. Let's see what we can find!

-Regice's Attack text is double spaced. On real cards, however, this text is cramped together for extra room. Same goes for the flavor text.
-On Regice's Pokemon data, the text stretches out the entire width of the line. On real cards, this text is much more cramped (again). The same goes for the artist credits (which is also in italics)
-On Regice's Pokedex entry, the text is the same font as the attack text, and is double spaced. On real cards, it's a different font, cramped, and italicized.

But hey, we live and learn. I'd like to see your next one.

Yeah I know, I'm new at this. It is not double spaced it is just the font. Still trying to find the right font.

I like those cards. pretty cool! 8/10

Thank you! But the truth is that my cards suck. Try pointing out what is wrong with them next time.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Pretty good. Much better than my first fakes were. I do see some errors, though.

REGIGIGAS: The font for the attack names (maybe Pokemon name, too) should be Gill Sans Condensed BOLD. I think the Pokemon's name needs to be a little larger (maybe +1). The flavor text (description) should be ITALIC. Also, the illustrator text should be smaller. Within the Poke-Power, during is mispelled suring, there needs to be a space after turn, and "(before you attack)" should be "(before your attack)" in ITALIC.

REGICE: It has a few typing errors (like FLip a coin & Ifnheads). Benched and Defending should be capitalized. Again, the flavor text should be ITALIC and illustrator text should be smaller to fint in the bar. The retreat cost isn't centered. The card is just poor quality (which you can't help with certain programs).

Pretty darn good for a beginner. You'll make a great faker if you keep at it and read some tutorials.

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 5, 2011
Wow those look really good,
i mean they really look like the real thing the pictures are cool too!!! :D
now you should make an arcanine,bulbasaur and kabutops ones

Tentacruel13

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
It has been a while since I made a new card. I made it perfect this time(or so I think).
dusknoirxmh0.png

Please Comment and Criticize.

Another Lv.X!
tyranitarxscansl3.png

Comment and Criticize!

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
You're getting there. Unfortunately, there's still a few kinks- namely, the fonts. First, the "Put onto Dusknoir" text should be italicized. As for the attack text, use Gill Sans- and stop double spacing.

As for the card itself, Spiritual Grip seems like a weird effect. When a Pokemon is paralyzed, it can't attack or retreat- so what difference would it make if, on the second heads, the opponent would not be able to attack? Also, Soul Snatch is the most broken attack I've ever seen. :D

As for the picture, something that a lot of the Lv. X's do is place part of the picture inside the box, with part of the Pokemon outside of the box, rather than pasting the picture over the box. It gives the image much more of a "pop".

Oh yeah, apparantly Kougawolf's site (http://kougawolf.tripod.com/) has a collection of fonts, and more. Check it out.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2008
y do you make fake cards
y do you make fake cards
y do you make fake cards

Back