• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Really Grubbin? I love Vikavolk, but that is a huge surprise. Are you sure it is his and not Sophocles'?

If he does catch a Grubbin, that will be the first electric type he has ever caught other than Pikachu.

Also, really hoping Ash catches Crabrawler now instead of the other fighting types. I am sure he will catch at least one fighting type and Bewear is out.

Yeah your right. It also seems like he will catch Litten and possibly Rockruff. He might release Vikivolt at a later time if he does catch it

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Yeah Grubbin strikes me as a surprise as well, wasn't expecting him to get one of those. If he catches a Rockruff, would you prefer him to have a Midday or Midnight Lycanroc?

Years
Ash apparently getting Grubbin was something I didn't expect, since its evos are Electric-types and he's usually never kept another Electric-type besides Pikachu. Definitely expecting it going all the way to Vikavolt since every Bug-type he catches (barring Heracross) has fully evolved.

Also, definitely expected him getting Rowlet. Probably he'll catch Litten as well, therefore we'll be getting a similar starter distribution to Sinnoh - Ash gets the Grass and Fire-type while the Water-type is owned by a female companion.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Lillie seems to get a pokemon egg, which will probably hatch to be Alolan Vulpix.

As for Grubbin being caught, I don't see how that automatically confirms it is a reset. To be honest, that is a dumb assumption. In the first 2 episodes, it shows he is a good trainer still. Not as strong as Kalos, but not as weak as Unova. It also confirms he is on vacation and decides to stay. I mean Grubbin is pretty damn strong when it gets to Vikavolt, not to mention already one of the most popular pokemon. The only stronger Bug Type is Wimpod's Evo, and I wouldn't be surprised if he catches that after Vikavolt is released or goes into training.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he released it at a later time.

I mean Pikachu defeated like 6 pokemon alone with Kiawe and impressed everyone.

Last edited:
Years
So, the latest double episode gave us our first two captures of this series - Ash got Rowlet and Jessie got Mimikyu.

Any thoughts?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I was surprised to read that Jessie used a Luxury Ball that she got from James. That gives me hope that my theory of Ash and other main characters using different pokeballs will come true.

So Bewear will probably end up being James, which honestly is a perfect match. I just hope they catch more than 1 pokemon this time around, but that may be hard with so many mains.

Ash catching Rowlet wasn't a surprise. I think everyone saw it coming. Just hope he doesn't catch Pikipek now. Although with Toucannon being so unique, I don't mind and Rowlet will eventually be a Ghost type if it evolves all the way which I think it will.

Years
I was surprised at Jessie using a Luxury Ball on Mimikyu, but it does server as a shoutout to how in the games, AI trainers now use different types of Poke Balls other than the standard one. Now I just hope James can get Bewear.

As for Rowlet, it's nice seeing Ash get the Grass starter again after skipping it over last generation. Rowlet is also the fan favourite of the Alola starters (it's usually in the lead in most polls) and Ash usually tends to catch the starter that people view as the fan favourite. Hopefully the fact that Rowlet's final evo Decidueye loses its Flying-type means Ash can catch Pikipek to continue that long-standing regional bird tradition. I also view Ash using Rowlet as more of a Grass-type than a Flying-type, like how in Unova his Pignite was mainly a Fire user rather than Fighting since it didn't have any Fighting moves for a long time.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I'd love for James to catch Bewear, it would definitely suit him a lot. Mimikyu is kind of creeping me out at the moment but I think it adds a really interesting dynamic with its hatred of Pikachu and the weird relationship it has with Meowth.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Aye. If he also gets Litten, I hope Litten gets a fire attack that isn't Flame Charge. I think we can all agree that it has been overused by Ash in 5th and 6th Gens.

But yeah Rowlet can't learn many flying attacks other than Brave Bird, Pluck and Peck (I think) It can't even learn Arial Ace that is usually Ash's go to flying move, so yeah, I think he will treat Rowlet as Grass. Then maybe a bit more Ghost if it evolves.

Even though he got Hawlucha, Noivern, and Talonflame last gen, I really want him to get Pikipek because the regional bird is so different from the other main regional birds. Although Toucannon has a crap move pool.

I really want him to catch a damn Shiny as well. But I don't see that happening. I do really want him to use at least 1 or 2 different Poke Balls that aren't Normal, Ultra, or Great.

They are showing Litten way too much for Ash not to catch it. It has had its own scene in all 4 episodes so far. So it seems like they are building up for possibly Litten being similar to Ash's Sandile/Krokorok.

Also they showed Ash attempting to catch a Grubbin and it popped out, so he may not catch ti after all. As the scene that was shown was a fail.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25
Years
I remember something about Rowlet's line surprisingly not learning many Flying moves, so I do think Ash will focus on its Grass typing. And that means he will likely get Pikipek to serve as his usual regional bird.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Currently this is what I am hoping for, for everyone. I don't want to go over 6 Pokemon for everyone other than maybe Ash. I also will not count Pika for Ash. This would also include where I would love for the stages to stay at.

Note - I am not saying they should catch them all, just ones that I think would be nice for them to catch. Even if it is just 4 or 5 of them.

Spoiler:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
His Rowlett is absolutely adorable. The animation is incredible so far. I especially loved when it started to doze in the nest and the Trumbeak yelled at it.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
Also they showed Ash attempting to catch a Grubbin and it popped out, so he may not catch ti after all. As the scene that was shown was a fail.

Yea it's starting to look like grubbin is the new dunsparce with a running gag of how ash tried to capture it and something always goes wrong.

I could see crawlbrawler going to ash but it not evolving and it'll serve as a fighting type with water moves cause I also don't see ash getting a water type.

I feel Ash is overdue another Shiny. I wouldn't mind him getting an anime exclusive shiny (example: Pink butterfree, purple kecleon and Ash's lapras's mother).

Also have a weird gut feeling Rowlet won't evolve

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
If he only gets 1 or 2 starts, I can't see the reason they would not allow it to evolve. I think Decidueye is probably the most popular starter for the generation, but by the way it acts, I can see what you mean. But I don't see it not evolving unless he catches all 3 starters. Which, I am not seeing happen.

I am not sure Turtwig/Torterra was very popular, yet he still evolved it, even though Paul also had one.

Years
I'm pretty sure Ash will have both Rowlet and Litten as his starters for this generation, while Lana has Popplio.

Going by the concept art of Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina (aka the one they were first leaked on) I noticed Ash next to Incineroar while Rowlet was still a Rowlet. Maybe this indicates Rowlet will stay as it is while Ash has Litten evolve all the way.

Back