• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon Discussion (Revealed in cover of Coro Coro!)

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
AslTbrfCAAAAXrV.jpg

New formes of Thudnurus, Tornadus and Landorus.

In the bottom left. Guess it clears up the bird everyone was wondering about in the silhouette of the AR searcher.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is anyone sure this is 100% true/confirmed yet? Because I honestly hope not. I liked the genies as genies, not as birds. >__> I mean sure they don't look "that" terrible, but wow, dnw.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Goodness me...
I never liked those three genies, and now they look even worse... x,x

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Is anyone sure this is 100% true/confirmed yet? Because I honestly hope not. I liked the genies as genies, not as birds. >__> I mean sure they don't look "that" terrible, but wow, dnw.

No they have not been confirmed.

Also Thundurus looks like a Dragon.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Tornadus seems to be the only bird. Landorus seems to be a turtle/tortoise and Thundurus has no wings.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ohh right! Dunno, but Landorus also seems like a bird while Thundurus doesn't really. :(

[ unconfirmeddd ]

Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus are exclusively captured in the 3DS game; Pokémon AR Searcher, and then sent to the Black 2 and White 2 games from there

- Serebii

That seems kinda... weird. First 3DS-exclusive forms? o_O Dunno seems unbelievable imo. BUT HEY they threw B2/W2 at us when we just expected a third game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Wait... doesn't that bird Tornadus look like silhouette from AR Searcher?
If those forrms are real, that proofs the finding about placeholders in B/W is false or incomplete.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Well that adds to my list of "get used to these". Um if these are real, I hope they show full body shots of the three soon. I'd like to see how their full form looks, and I mean we only have this month left until the games hit Japan and they better hit us with a ton of news.

I wonder how we get these formes?

blue

gucci
Years
Well this is kind of a let down, White Kyurem & Black Kyurem that's ok but I think they're kind of pushing it with these. I liked them the way they originally were so I hope it's fake.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Wow, why so much negativity? D:

I looked at the Kami Trio and thought "omg wow that's awesome!" I thought they looked utterly stupid as genies... they didn't look like Pokemon at all, and that always bothered me. I know there isn't huge art to really do much judging at this stage, but I think they look far better in these forms than previously.

I hope these rumours are true!

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I personally hate Tornadus' new forme, so ugly... Thundurus looks like a lizard and Landorus like a bear. I like that, actually. I actually think that the latter two will lose their Flying typing. then, they would make a starter-like weakness trio, but with Immunities instead of resistances. I also think their Base stats will differ and abilities will be changed.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Thundurus's claws remind me of Beartics, and his head looks like a dragons- I like it. Tornadus doesn't look so hot, in this picture, in my opinion- below the neck, the design looks awful.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I didn't think there could be uglier Pokemon. How did they top that? They look absolutely atrocious. Unless I'm missing some kind of link between genies and birds/dragons/wtf ever landorus is supposed to be, then it just makes NO sense. Rotom formes? Good! Giratina formes? Good! Shaymin formes? Good! Genie formes? ...WHY?!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Wow, why so much negativity? D:

I looked at the Kami Trio and thought "omg wow that's awesome!" I thought they looked utterly stupid as genies... they didn't look like Pokemon at all, and that always bothered me. I know there isn't huge art to really do much judging at this stage, but I think they look far better in these forms than previously.

I hope these rumours are true!
Even though I never actually liked this particular trio, I did like the genie concept. However, these new forms [if they are in fact legit], seem so unnecessary and the designs to say the least aren't that great - which is putting it kindly. To be honest, they don't even look like they go together anymore except for being symbolized by an animal of what they represent. Tornadus looks like a bird (Air), Landorus a turtle (Land), and Thunderus I'm guessing is a lizard or dragon of some sort or something closely related to representing thunder.

As far as the genies "not looking like Pokémon" that's very debatable as you can say that for a lot of the Gen V Pokémon, as well as a few from Gen IV (ie. Rotom's different appliances forms).

I really hope GameFreak doesn't overdo the different forms for B2/W2, as it's beginning to look like they might. :\

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
At first glance, I don't like them, though I never liked the Kami trio in the first place, they looked too similar, maybe this is Game Freak's way of making them different from one another. I need to see this confirmed and see official art before passing judgement on them.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
The more I look at the new formes of the trio, the more I think "nope, this can't be right, and yet here they are". I guess I'll have to deal with this fact - that they have just gotten new formes. At least it won't look too similar to each other this time around. Guess I'm going to have to agree with Shiny Celebi on this one.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm leaning towards this scan being a hoax. I mean, the Kami trio just doesn't look like when they look like birds. Even though they're Flying-typed, they don't have to look like birds because they're in constant flight.

Back